Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hull away

radcliffe white

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Your probably correct, whatever the official away support, they dont fucking deserve us.

Absofuckinglutely. Reckon they got off pretty lightly at the end as well, though I suppose a lot had left by then. Fuck knows who’s idea it was for the entire team to come and applaud the away fans, but I suppose they’d have got slated either way. 

48 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I don't know if it would have helped much but is anyone else puzzled that Hobbs, as good a player as we have, gets dropped for the entire Christmas programme when the likes of Wheater is nackered with 2 successive games never mind 4?

Exactly early this season he said Wheater couldn't play back to back games

He is deluded,don t have a problem if he tried to attack from the kick off but he won't,we are always on the back foot,1 or 2 down then try to get back into the game

What's happened to Wildshut

56 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Parky has it all planned out. I reckon he told em to get mauled by the Tigers, just to to lure future opponents into a false sense of security.

We won't be getting pecked by the Robins, or thrashed by the Throstles.

And I reckon we'll whip the Saddlers

The doctor will help you; good tablets that will sort your head out :D

On our turnout, I bought one at about 2.15 and it was £18, and by kick off there were prob about 50-60 empty seats in our bit so reckon about 770ish? 

Wasn't as toxic at the end as it might have been, not many left by then to make a big noise and maybe folk already too conditioned to the state we're in to be that affronted by it

If any game was set up at half time for PP to stick to his usual plan of 'stay in the game till 70-75 mins then have a go' this was it. To chuck Oz on and empty out midfield cover of a labouring defence as early as half time was a real head scratcher. 

Our lack of ability to do simple basics on the ball was already an embarrassment before that though. Donaldson was horrendous, first touch of a park player, but plenty of others not far behind. 

Ultimately, about 15 players out and same in during Summer and it's painfully obvious that, whatever the issues with PP's dreary tactics and preferred approach to winning games, our squad hasn't improved one iota. There just isn't the quality or ability and I'm not convinced that a new face would suddenly get us winning and entertaining a bit while we're at it. Our players are of such limited ability that they absolutely need to play through a good strong target man who'll make the ball stick and bring others into the play. Doidge definitely isn't that type and Magennis isn't good enough at it. 

A really dark day and nothing other than another long, depressing slide to League 1 is inevitable as far as I can see

Fair play to the 800 who went today to watch Parky and his dog shit team and tactics in my opinion this is getting as bad as Lennons last season , I am not enjoying being a Bolton supporter atm and I just cannot see it getting any better no money no chance of sacking the incompetent manager in charge league 1 is nailed on for us ! I have been watching Bolton for 50 years and I have never felt so down about my club I expect us to lose every time we go a goal down . 

I was told several weeks ago that the middle eastern party that wanted to purchase the club backed out when KA put the price up when he realised how much the group was worth! If this is true we have no chance of ever improving as a club

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Absofuckinglutely. Reckon they got off pretty lightly at the end as well, though I suppose a lot had left by then. Fuck knows who’s idea it was for the entire team to come and applaud the away fans, but I suppose they’d have got slated either way. 

The one thing the players did right today was applaud the fans. Parky told them to come over. 

8 hours ago, roybarker said:

Exactly early this season he said Wheater couldn't play back to back games

He is deluded,don t have a problem if he tried to attack from the kick off but he won't,we are always on the back foot,1 or 2 down then try to get back into the game

What's happened to Wildshut

You’ve seen him play he is horrendous.,

The problems stem from the top. PP needs going. I can't see this happening or it would of done by now. But I think it's becoming apparent working for KA would be hard work. If he doesn't react we will be 5mill down the shitter come next season which we know won't be good for anyone. What a mess

To be fair to PP I get what he is trying to say here. However what he doesn’t seem to see is by setting us up to not give anything away we never fucking get anything and still give goals away!! 

As someone said above, that will be the last positive change he will ever make. He’ll revert to type, football will get even worse and we’ll get even less out of games. 

Everyone else can see there needs to be a middle ground between the 2. Why can’t he? 

0943BF04-1B9B-4B38-8BD8-316543EBF7C8.jpeg

To be fair I was as surprised as anyone to see that change made and so early, very much out of character for PP. If Wilson was feeling a niggle he could have brought Olkowski on and moved Lowe into midfield, more in keeping with his usual plan of staying in it till late on then having a go. 

As others have said earlier, why so high risk in this game when he hasn't trusted Oz to do similar in home games against weaker opposition. 

The biggest problem we have is that we're in games but hardly win any because we're bereft of quality all over the pitch 

49 minutes ago, ianofrochdale said:

The biggest problem we have is that we're in games but hardly win any because we're bereft of quality all over the pitch 

Or, as you also said and what is clear - he tries to keep us in a game until the final 20 minutes to a) pinch a winner hoping the other side haven’t broken us down yet or b) pinch an equaliser because we have been so defensive we haven’t allowed the other team to get 2 or 3 goals ahead and killed the game. 

Either way it’s completely naive, bordering on stupidity to expect that approach to work at this level more often than not. 

And I’m sorry, expecting people to turn out at all let alone in their droves to watch that pile of shit approach isn’t going to happen! 

Just by that decision he took with Oz shows he hasn’t one clue about how to be slightly more expansive. If he did he would’ve done it in a far more balanced way. Instead he went too far the opposite way. Too open, too top heavy and we got mullered for it. The fella hasn’t a fucking clue beyond ‘defend for your lives then try and nick something’ 

Edited by barrycowdrill

Anyone with a brain who has watched us can see very clearly that as soon as a game opens up, either because we push on or through natural stretching of a game in the later stages we look far more likely to concede than we do to score. 

We have to try and stay in games. Our problem is a very simple one. Nobody can regularly sniff out a chance and score. So there is no real belief in the team that we'll win games. 

If we had a half decent striker we'd have beaten Stoke, drawn with Blackburn, beaten Wigan etc...we'd still have been bummed at Hull but we're a goalscorer away from relative safety.

Oh, Im not saying its a conspiracy. But it will validate his cautious approach for many people. I think the injury to Wilson was the issue rather than him bringing Oz on.

Every game I go to when we go a goal down it feels like we may as well just go home as I just dont see us scoring. 

I do agree we need a goalscorer but given the predicament we're in financially I really don't see that happening. 

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Anyone with a brain who has watched us can see very clearly that as soon as a game opens up, either because we push on or through natural stretching of a game in the later stages we look far more likely to concede than we do to score. 

We have to try and stay in games. Our problem is a very simple one. Nobody can regularly sniff out a chance and score. So there is no real belief in the team that we'll win games. 

If we had a half decent striker we'd have beaten Stoke, drawn with Blackburn, beaten Wigan etc...we'd still have been bummed at Hull but we're a goalscorer away from relative safety.

We’re creating 2 shots on target per game and considering that we pretty much always concede your expecting us to have a 100% conversion rate to win a game of football. If your happy to back those odds with a ‘decent’ striker then good on you