Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hull away

radcliffe white

37 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

We’re creating 2 shots on target per game and considering that we pretty much always concede your expecting us to have a 100% conversion rate to win a game of football. If your happy to back those odds with a ‘decent’ striker then good on you 

A good striker finds a way to create space and get on the end of things. They also hopefully contribute in the build up. We might aswell name 10 men as play Doidge in my view. Lads a trier but useless. Donaldson would be ok if he was 5 years younger.

It wouldn't fix all our problems but its the major issue in our team. No regular goalscorers anywhere, either up front or in midfield. 

Didn't he just bring oz on and swapped his position with Vela who then dropped into Wilson role? If so then we'd probably still have got hammered anyway. Thankfully I didn't go so be happy to corrected, either way parky his a shit manager and should be potted not that he will. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

A good striker finds a way to create space and get on the end of things. They also hopefully contribute in the build up. We might aswell name 10 men as play Doidge in my view. Lads a trier but useless. Donaldson would be ok if he was 5 years younger.

It wouldn't fix all our problems but its the major issue in our team. No regular goalscorers anywhere, either up front or in midfield. 

You told us Donaldson was good in the summer. I can't look further than that currently :help:

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Apart from Donaldsons miss at the weekend, please give me a number of instances where Doidge, Magennis or Donaldson have had chances or even a chance to ‘get on the end of things’? 

Theres no fucker high enough up the pitch to supply. so we can’t even assess whether any of them are clinical enough. 

Ameobi nets a few but are all 25 yarders. That’s our only hope. So when PP refers to our front men “creating a bit of magic” that in my eyes is what he’s referring too. 

I wish he would create a bit of magic and somehow fathom a way of getting more than 2 of our players closer than 30 yards away from the opposition goal at any one point

criticisng our strikers for not putting away chances we haven’t even created? Utter delusion 

2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Apart from Donaldsons miss at the weekend, please give me a number of instances where Doidge, Magennis or Donaldson have had chances or even a chance to ‘get on the end of things’? 

Theres no fucker high enough up the pitch to supply. so we can’t even assess whether any of them are clinical enough. 

Ameobi nets a few but are all 25 yarders. That’s our only hope. So when PP refers to our front men “creating a bit of magic” that in my eyes is what he’s referring too. 

I wish he would create a bit of magic and somehow fathom a way of getting more than 2 of our players closer than 30 yards away from the opposition goal at any one point

criticisng our strikers for not putting away chances we haven’t even created? Utter delusion 

Absolutely spot on BC

Kane would be struggling to hit double figures if he’d played up top for us every game this season 

We have a regular goalscorer, who, if you watch his movement game to game, gets in the right positions. What he is not is a target man, who is going to knock centre halves about or hold the ball up and bring players in. Read his interview with Iles. He  admits he didn't need to do half the physical graft and running about at Forest Green that Parky's asking of him as team was built to serve him. A lower level Jordan Rhodes if you like. Parky is misusing him and placing  unrealistic demands on him. What was being expected of him yesterday was ridiculous.

What we need is a good, solid target man. We haven't adequately replaced Madine, simple as. Magennis and Donaldson are nowhere near good enough

Chris Martin isn't a world beater, far from it, but on Saturday he did a job for his team, being happy to have balls pinged into him, holding them up and bringing their quite talented three other front players into play. Assuming we could put out a team containing a few who could push a ball into a target man anything lower than head high, if that target man did his job and Doidge played off him, he would score goals. I know it won't happen, but, hypothetically, Madine back for rest of season and Doidge off him and we'd score enough to stay up.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Traf said:

I was particularly baffled with the decision to bring a defender on at Ameobi's expense at 5-0

Just shows how totally clueless he is. His decisions have no rationale from game to game. I know a lot of the players are shite but he’s just a fucking idiot tactically.

12 minutes ago, ianofrochdale said:

We have a regular goalscorer, who, if you watch his movement game to game, gets in the right positions. What he is not is a target man, who is going to knock centre halves about or hold the ball up and bring players in. Read his interview with Iles. He  admits he didn't need to do half the physical graft and running about at Forest Green that Parky's asking of him as team was built to serve him. A lower level Jordan Rhodes if you like. Parky is misusing him and placing  unrealistic demands on him. What was being expected of him yesterday was ridiculous.

What we need is a good, solid target man. We haven't adequately replaced Madine, simple as. Magennis and Donaldson are nowhere near good enough

Chris Martin isn't a world beater, far from it, but on Saturday he did a job for his team, being happy to have balls pinged into him, holding them up and bringing their quite talented three other front players into play. Assuming we could put out a team containing a few who could push a ball into a target man anything lower than head high, if that target man did his job and Doidge played off him, he would score goals. I know it won't happen, but, hypothetically, Madine back for rest of season and Doidge off him and we'd score enough to stay up.

Completely agree. Problem is, we get a ‘decent’ target man and he won’t be used to compliment the other strikers he’ll be used instead of so we’re exactly where we were before. 

2 up front sits in the realms of football fantasy or comic books where PP once read whistful stories of 2 players playing in partnership and thus scoring goals. But In real life it is a incomprehensible enigma which he is yet to fathom. Case & point... Magennis playing right fucking wing at points when he has come on the pitch 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Completely agree. Problem is, we get a ‘decent’ target man and he won’t be used to compliment the other strikers he’ll be used instead of so we’re exactly where we were before. 

2 up front sits in the realms of football fantasy or comic books where PP once read whistful stories of 2 players playing in partnership and thus scoring goals. But In real life it is a incomprehensible enigma which he is yet to fathom. Case & point... Magennis playing right fucking wing at points when he has come on the pitch 

Imagine PP managing a Walker/McGinlay pairing. He'd have one on the bench, in turns, to replace the other.

• The topic was unpinned