Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parky to Reading

Thorpey

One of the lads that works at Reading FC tells me that the club are coming up tomorrow to meet KA then Parky to discuss the Reading job.

Compensation? - may be a good thing considering?

Parky going? - done the best he can with what he has but may be time for a change imho

Let's see what happens ......... 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Much as I would love us to have a fresh start with a new manager, there is no prospect of paying for one until we have a new owner and I don't think the club can afford a crucial 2 or 3 months of David Lee/Julian Darby, and no disrespect to those 2.

As things are it makes no difference.

If we can save a wage of two...

1 hour ago, Spider said:

only 6/1 on skybet

Seen managers get jobs from much further out in the betting.

11/4 now. SportPesa were offering 12/1 but have delisted it after I tried sticking a tenner on. One of their current coaching staff is odds on but I think Parky would make a lot of sense for them. A relatively pragmatic choice, especially if they aren’t planning on chucking money at them, but holds enough stock with the fans for it not to be seen as a negative appointment. 

Not saying I’d want it to happen, mind, as I haven’t a clue where we’d look for a replacement. 

EDIT - Make that 2/1 with SkyBet and 5/6 elsewhere. Don’t underestimate the power of WWays. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt

48 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

11/4 now. SportPesa were offering 12/1 but have delisted it after I tried sticking a tenner on. One of their current coaching staff is odds on but I think Parky would make a lot of sense for them. A relatively pragmatic choice, especially if they aren’t planning on chucking money at them, but holds enough stock with the fans for it not to be seen as a negative appointment. 

Not saying I’d want it to happen, mind, as I haven’t a clue where we’d look for a replacement. 

EDIT - Make that 2/1 with SkyBet and 5/6 elsewhere. Don’t underestimate the power of WWays. 

Skybet now evens.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Traf said:

Not with SkyBet.

Notoriously twitchy.

Is it all software based, or do they have a team of people who are dedicated to watching what happens in Championship circles? 

I've no idea how all this stuff is monitored, be interested to know.

I reckon bookies have had their fingers burnt massively with the market in the past. 

Find it a bit bizarre you can bet on something that someone somewhere will know the outcome. 

Hence somoen lumping a gazillion quid at a south London betting shop when freedman was 33/1 for him to join us.