3 weeks dry

its wank 

Do not recommend it

though I have lost weight.

And I sleep better

And I wake up quickly, more alert.

But that’s as good as it gets.

I miss beer. Sweet, darling, beer.

It's awful innit, people come and make small talk with you at work, the kids come and sit with you to watch telly and so on. Be glad when it's  over.

The gout cleared up. So managed to run the Anglesey half marathon today. Still got a dodgy achilles. Thought I was dying on Saturday though after celebrating my 50th in Manchester on Friday night with far too much alcohol. Mixing drinks is a killer. Was talking to the large porcelain telephone yesterday afternoon for a lengthy time.

16 hours ago, Smiley said:

The gout cleared up. So managed to run the Anglesey half marathon today. Still got a dodgy achilles. Thought I was dying on Saturday though after celebrating my 50th in Manchester on Friday night with far too much alcohol. Mixing drinks is a killer. Was talking to the large porcelain telephone yesterday afternoon for a lengthy time.

i've been at the physio this mornig

bit by bit this marathon training is making me fall to pieces

On 07/03/2022 at 12:34, L/H White said:

i've been at the physio this mornig

bit by bit this marathon training is making me fall to pieces

Careful - did two and a bit years of pummeling the running, was great but knee is still taking time. 

Do weights as well as just the running so you are not going to injure yourself, and as you get a bit older watch those ankles.

I'm now on the bike for less impact - really enjoying the interval training actually and I'm getting to apprciate the weights a bit more.Although what amazes me at the gym is how few people seem to want to work up a sweat. there's an awful lot of walking round in gym gear.

On 09/03/2022 at 14:14, Not in Crawley said:

Careful - did two and a bit years of pummeling the running, was great but knee is still taking time. 

Do weights as well as just the running so you are not going to injure yourself, and as you get a bit older watch those ankles.

I'm now on the bike for less impact - really enjoying the interval training actually and I'm getting to apprciate the weights a bit more.Although what amazes me at the gym is how few people seem to want to work up a sweat. there's an awful lot of walking round in gym gear.

Pulled both hamstrings on the spin bike - trying to avoid the high impact of running.

With regards to the marathon training. I’ve only managed to run 96 miles across 15 runs since Jan 1st. Ideally I should have been around the 350-400 mile mark now. Injury and pain management have meant that I’m just going to have to try and wing it - like I did in Anglesey on Sunday. Managed a 1:38:44 half with minimal training, fucked up achiles, tight hamstrings, chesty cough and a 36 hour hangover!

Running + getting old = destroying my body.

I have been with a PT for 5 sessions now in the aim of building a bum so i can get back running. So far so good. 3 mile last week aiming for another 3 tomorrow. 

Berlin Marathon in September so hopefully i will make it. 

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

I'm going to get pissed now as a reward and feel shit again in the morning

That's fine, just make sure you go out on Tuesday. 

Been doing weights the past few weeks, can't believe the change already.

One hour every day at the gym makes a massive difference.

Bit over the running at the moment but glad I've found something else.

Struggling through my Achilles issues. Been Lakes for a short fell run today. Eyeing up a few big runs. And then resigning myself to a delayed long lay off. Probably September onwards. 

But... considering shockwave therapy. Anyone tried it?

• Moderators

after running 100k in Jan, barely done anything since

been doing circuits and stuff in the gym

did 10k on Monday for first time since end of March

didn't stretch after

can barely walk today

off to the gym shortly

bring on the sauna

but definitely considering a regular sports massage

maybe 1 or 2 a month

50 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Whilst on this sort of thing, since covid, I've found my lower legs and ankle can be really achy and stiff at the end of the day, and a bit in the morning. 

Any one else had anything similar, and does it just go, or would a massage/acupuncture help?

Chop em off, they've gone rotten.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Whilst on this sort of thing, since covid, I've found my lower legs and ankle can be really achy and stiff at the end of the day, and a bit in the morning. 

Any one else had anything similar, and does it just go, or would a massage/acupuncture help?

Old age mate I think

I’ve had acupuncture and massage for ailments this year and to be honest I found them both had there uses. I was sceptical about acupuncture but it’s great. 

Should add when she tugs or noshes you off at the end of the massage it’s decent but does fuck all for my back or leg issues. 

Edited by Escobarp