buckley vela Murphy Pritchard 

Oztumer magennis

turner,  beevers, Connell, lowe, dyer hall, Donaldson 

we"'ll do these fuckers Saturday

yes I have had beer.

but yes i believe it.

you heard it first. BTID 

• Site Supporter

Parky will make plenty changes, bringing one or two "inexperienced" players in. We'll end up scraping a 2-1 win to get into Monday's draw, where we'll get a bumper payday with a trip to Old Trafford and then on Tuesday night, he'll revert to the "experienced" players again and lose!

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

What a team.

By Christ we could do with an Alan Thompson 

When you generally see old highlights, you can see how football has usually moved on but we're so backwards now compared to that team. Their movement, Johansen, Thompson, McGinlay even Pollock was way above our present lot who are told to just lump it forwards & fight for the scraps...

5 minutes ago, Steejay said:

When you generally see old highlights, you can see how football has usually moved on but we're so backwards now compared to that team. Their movement, Johansen, Thompson, McGinlay even Pollock was way above our present lot who are told to just lump it forwards & fight for the scraps...

Can’t remember that game but the desire to close down, run off the ball and attacking intent is way way ahead of where we are today.

• Site Supporter
Just now, dazl1212 said:

I'd be much more interested in watching this if we give some of the more promising kids a run out. 

Back then, the first team squad (all of them) were skilful footballers. The team named didn't really matter because they'd all pull their tripe out for the club. The only reason folk are calling for the younger players to be given a go is because the experienced first teamers certainly aren't performing. 

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Back then, the first team squad (all of them) were skilful footballers. The team named didn't really matter because they'd all pull their tripe out for the club. The only reason folk are calling for the younger players to be given a go is because the experienced first teamers certainly aren't performing. 

That certainly rings true to me, but I its always nice seeing some of the kids given a run out in the cup games. its always nice to have an eye on the future. 

I think the likes of Little and Matthews deserve to get a bit of game time in today. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

It was. A Saturday afternoon. Can't remember why/how though. 

My favourite era watching Bolton that

I couldn't remember why a Saturday for a replay, so had a look on wiki

the original first match at Luton was played 21st Jan (the Tuesday before)

the next round was Chesterfield on 4th Feb when they beat us 3-2 and Kevin Davies scored a hat trick (midweek, but the initial tie, not a replay)

so guessing that Luton away was called off for some reason, probably the weather, then it couldn't be played till the 21st, we played the replay on the weekend of the 4th round and the 4th round at the first available opportunity

probably