Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst Hangover From A Bolton Away Game.

leigh white

West Brom in 93, started supping in Manc before the train down. cans on the train, round Brum, bus to Handsworth in the pikey pubs, few more in Brum, more cans on the train, back to Manc for more. I was still ill on the Monday chucking up in a skip at Cheetham Hill at work.

• Moderators

Atletico Madrid away

Couldn't move without being sick, every time I had a sip of water was violently sick

Everyone else was enjoying food and drink in the sun and I was curled up in a ball unable to move

7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Atletico Madrid away

Couldn't move without being sick, every time I had a sip of water was violently sick

Everyone else was enjoying food and drink in the sun and I was curled up in a ball unable to move

Seconded. Tequila for breakfast is not the one.

What about going to a game with a hangover...

2 days on it at for my birthday and then was driven down in London before the FA cup semi final against Villa.

Was on a coach on the way home and was going to get twatted if I was sick. Fell asleep, woke up in Bolton, was in lectures at 10 the following day. To be young again.....

Cliftonville friendly on it all day and all night, mixing ale, beer, Guinness then shorts, I can honestly say it changed my drinking habits/ability forever..... was ruined, worse even than Besiktas where I thought we’d scored first as they were playing in white. 

P.S. Forgot marseille when one of the Walkden Whites ladies challenged me to a pastis  drinking contest at the end of the night the day before the game .... I lost on a unanimous decision, that Ill didn’t  touch a drop day of the game. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

2 days on it at for my birthday and then was driven down in London before the FA cup semi final against Villa.

Was on a coach on the way home and was going to get twatted if I was sick. Fell asleep, woke up in Bolton, was in lectures at 10 the following day. To be young again.....

That's an easy one - PNE away, New Years day - I was hanging

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Atletico Madrid away

I thought for a minute my wife had joined Wanderersways. We wen't out the night before the game me, her, my brother and three kids (teenagers). She staunchly refuses, even now, not to drop out of a round for fear of missing out. Trouble is, me and brother are around 18 - 19 stones and she's around 11 stones. It ALWAYS gets messy but Madrid was her all-time lowest moment as a drinker. (Unless going to Cardiff for Cup Final is mentioned so I won't!) 
She spent the next day in bed in our hotel while the rest of us did the tourist bit. Got back to hotel to get ready for game and she was still fast asleep. What a fucking mess she was. Went out for pre-match drinks towards the ground and, even though she was still pissed from the previous night, she still managed to get through a few pints of Spanish lager.

Even now she has a fear of missing out and needs to stick drink-for-drink with me.

• Moderators

when we beat Leeds 4-1 to send them down

had been out on an all dayer the day before ending with a pill in Tangled till about 6am

whole east lower was bouncing but i just sat there leaning on the post in front of me, head in hands, wanting to die

• Site Supporter

West brom away on new years day. Early kick off, on the telly and yet we still went. think Jussi got sent off for something daft.

I was throwing up the entire day and by tea time there was definitely blood in it. The half time pint did not work.

The play off final against Reading. We went down to London on Saturday afternoon to prepare for the game on Monday. A few cans on the way down followed by more beers and food in London on Saturday night started the rot.

The idea of seeing a few sights in London on Sunday room turned into a drinking festival which resulted in us getting back to our hotel in the very early hours. It seemed like a good idea at the time to have lager with breakfast and carry on right up until kick off. 

I remember us being 2-0 down and almost starting a fight with the bloke behind me but can't remember what it was all about but it was probably caused by the drink as he was a right big bastard.

To celebrate our victory we headed back into London for more beers before getting the train home on Tuesday. It was when I stopped drinking after the Monday night out that began to feel sick which resulted in me spending the whole journey home in the train toilet throwing up. I had booked the week off work and spent the rest of Tuesday and Wednesday throwing up at home.

I put it down to shite Southern ale and a dodgy prawn curry.

• Members
4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

P.S. Forgot marseille when one of the Walkden Whites ladies challenged me to a pastiche drinking contest at the end of the night the day before the game .... I lost on a unanimous decision, that Ill didn’t  touch a drop day of the game. 

Was in Marseilles supporters club before the game with zoz, leigh white etc .....One of the french ultras challenged Leigh white to a pastis drinking comp , his face was a picture when M knocked all the drinks lined up back :beer: 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

That's an easy one - PNE away, New Years day - I was hanging

went to bed about 4am, woke up late, flew down the M61 still pissed doing 100+ in a shitty fiesta, struggling to keep in a straight line

mcdonalds before the game, was like a scene from the walking dead

hangover kicked in at some point in the second half, and all I could taste/smell was redbull from the night before

grim

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Going to the game with a hangover? - Probably Anfield New Years day about 10 years ago.

Worst hangover after a game - Guimaraes. Superbock all day,then a dozen glasses of Port doesn't sit too well the next day. :bad:

Strange how you don't feel the effects of a dozen shots of port until you stop. Been there plenty times.

8 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Atletico Madrid away

Yep, you were certainly bad that day pal.  Red wine for us, barfing like a good un for you !!

My worst was reading away when we won 2-0 and we missed a pen at the new ground.  Chucked up when we changed trains at Birmingham on the way home.  Went to sleep in my clothes, which I have never done. Following morning had to get the aa out as my car wouldn't start when my wife was due to go out and had to keep excusing myself to the aa man, as I keep wretching.  I got to that point where nothing was coming up, but couldn't stop wretching !!

• Site Supporter

Fulham away when it was on a Sunday,  travelled down on a the Saturday it was when it was the foot in mouth crisis. Managed to blag into this club saying we were farmers down for a protest. 

I couldnt move on that terrace it was cold I couldnt open my eyes without wanting to throw up