Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst Hangover From A Bolton Away Game.

leigh white

11 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Atletico Madrid away

Couldn't move without being sick, every time I had a sip of water was violently sick

Everyone else was enjoying food and drink in the sun and I was curled up in a ball unable to move

Ha ha this was brilliant

pic of it somewhere :D

Not sure what mine is but my guess is post Stoke @ Wembley, as that’s the most pissed I’ve been

15 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Ha ha this was brilliant

pic of it somewhere :D

Not sure what mine is but my guess is post Stoke @ Wembley, as that’s the most pissed I’ve been

I've never seen anyone as pissed by noon as you were that day.

Plovdiv - got smashed all day on the eve of the game. Was grim all day before, during and after the match. Culminated with me shitting myself in the lift as I was about to check out. Had to run back to my room, jump in the shower and wash myself off. Gruds went straight in the bin. Coach journey to Varna airport was one of the worst moments ever. We stopped off for some reason or other. I managed to get off the coach, throw-up some more. Flight home wasn't much better.

Istanbul - same as above without the shitting!!! Puked up 4-5 times in the stadium during the game. Slept for most of the first half. Couldn't focus on the pitch at all. Guessing I was hungover the following day - but had a walk about town for fresh air with Carlos and Traf. Somehow came back to life enough for a pint or two later.

Brentford away last season was grim. I passed out on the train coming home. Woke up with a hangover before we got back to Manchester. 

Marseille was a bad one too. Arrived the day before the game. Day of the match i had zero alcohol, and the only clothes i had were pissed wet through due to fountain issues the night before.

Hull away 2008, we stayed over on the Saturday night, got up at breakfast on Sunday still pissed up and went to Wetherspoons, The Stranglers were playing Sunday night so I decided not to get on the minibus back to Bolton and stay in Hull instead to watch the Stranglers, I was wankered by dinner time, I was utterly cunted by 8pm. Fortunately a lad I knew from Widnes had driven down for the gig and he gave me a life home, tells me about it everytime I see him about the state I was in. Needless to say I never made it to work, was vomiting for about a week and vowed never to drink again.

On 26/01/2019 at 10:06, Smiley said:

Plovdiv - got smashed all day on the eve of the game. Was grim all day before, during and after the match. Culminated with me shitting myself in the lift as I was about to check out. Had to run back to my room, jump in the shower and wash myself off. Gruds went straight in the bin. Coach journey to Varna airport was one of the worst moments ever. We stopped off for some reason or other. I managed to get off the coach, throw-up some more. Flight home wasn't much better.

Istanbul - same as above without the shitting!!! Puked up 4-5 times in the stadium during the game. Slept for most of the first half. Couldn't focus on the pitch at all. Guessing I was hungover the following day - but had a walk about town for fresh air with Carlos and Traf. Somehow came back to life enough for a pint or two later.

The coach journey back to airport in Bulgaria seemed about 4 hours longer than journey in. 

When we beat Brighton in cup when they had stripey shorts I went drinking Long Island iced tea with Ilkley white. He was so drunk and throwing up his missus had to sleep in a sleeping bag with her head covered up. There was nothing in his room that was not covered in sick. 

• Site Supporter

Plovdiv with Burden, Leigh White etc.
Didn't eat from when I left until I came back other than some fucking Tripe Soup.

Cocktails for breakfast and passed out inside the ground.

Driving back from the airport my stomach was in bits, I was doubled up in tears.  That was when I realised I hadn't eaten for 2 days and that was the issue.

42 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Didn't eat from when I left until I came back other than some fucking Tripe Soup.

Driving back from the airport my stomach was in bits, I was doubled up in tears.  That was when I realised I hadn't eaten for 2 days and that was the issue.

You had a hot dog when we stopped about 30 miles from Bourgas for a pint about 7-30 in the morning.:D

2 hours ago, barryk32 said:

I saw the state you were in at Yeovil. If Plovdiv was worst than Yeovil then i doff my cap to you.

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Underpants said:

I saw the state you were in at Yeovil. If Plovdiv was worst than Yeovil then i doff my cap to you.

Miles worse, cocktail after cocktail rather than breakfast, leathering the locals at those shops with an 18" salami, falling unconscious inside the ground thinking I'd missed the entire match (only missed the first half), losing every single Bolton fan at the end other than Leigh when we managed to stumble into some sort of fucking ghetto, I dont remember even seeing my hotel room for the entire duration, I don't even think I changed my underwear.

Memories eh.

1 minute ago, barryk32 said:

Miles worse, cocktail after cocktail rather than breakfast, leathering the locals at those shops with an 18" salami, falling unconscious inside the ground thinking I'd missed the entire match (only missed the first half), losing every single Bolton fan at the end other than Leigh when we managed to stumble into some sort of fucking ghetto, I dont remember even seeing my hotel room for the entire duration, I don't even think I changed my underwear.

Memories eh.

Ha ha, i thought are days were numbered round that area with me having a Bolton shirt on, anyway we managed to find our digs after a long hike.:D