Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

14 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

The sticking point is ultimately this: 

Moonshift won’t discharge their claim on the shares until paid in full by Inner Circle, and the amount is greater than the stated amount on the companies house document.

Inner Circle can’t pay until they receive the loan paid back from Burnden Leisure (new owners) and find another £3M.

New owners won’t pay until the charge on the shares is discharged. 

Something of an infinite loop.

KA possibly needs £8M plus for a pay day...... and the new owner needs to fund that.

Thanks for all your Input today by the way - its most informative the WW very own version version of Wikileaks !!

You said earlier that 

A clever PE fund would acquire the business for £5M through buying the Moonshift debt and seizing control. They then arrange a pre-pack administration and settle the unsecured at discount with secured paid in full

But in reality you are now saying Moonshift aren't going to sell for less than £8M ?

Can't KA not just be cut adrift altogether ? He's trading an insolvent business and it looks like he was before he slapped that charge on the company ?

Would he be entitled to any payment at all In an administration process ? Unsecured creditors wouldn't be very happy to be queuing up behind him !!

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

As per previous comment, Moon won’t discharge until payment received which will require 1 or maybe 2 CHAPS. CHAPS only available on a Monday therefore Sunday is not possible.

I imagine you're a solicitor, given your posts (I could be wrong). I appreciate CHAPS is limited to weekdays and if Moonshift require receipt of funds to release, then Sunday is clearly a no-go (as I'm sure the buyer would not have sent sums today on a hold-to-order basis if a deal is not yet agreed).

It just seems odd that someone is touting Sunday if they know full well that Moonshift won't accept an undertaking on the Sunday to pay them the next day.

Just now, Benny The Ball said:

Thanks for all your Input today by the way - its most informative the WW very own version version of Wikileaks !!

You said earlier that 

A clever PE fund would acquire the business for £5M through buying the Moonshift debt and seizing control. They then arrange a pre-pack administration and settle the unsecured at discount with secured paid in full

But in reality you are now saying Moonshift aren't going to sell for less than £8M ?

Can't KA not just be cut adrift altogether ? He's trading an insolvent business and it looks like he was before he slapped that charge on the company ?

Would he be entitled to any payment at all In an administration process ? Unsecured creditors wouldn't be very happy to be queuing up behind him !!

Moonshift won’t budge on the £8M with KA, negotiable to a 3rd party though I imagine. 

He's probably classed as a football creditor as well as being secured and that means he has to be paid in full before EFL will allow administration. 

1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I imagine you're a solicitor, given your posts (I could be wrong). I appreciate CHAPS is limited to weekdays and if Moonshift require receipt of funds to release, then Sunday is clearly a no-go (as I'm sure the buyer would not have sent sums today on a hold-to-order basis if a deal is not yet agreed).

It just seems odd that someone is touting Sunday if they know full well that Moonshift won't accept an undertaking on the Sunday to pay them the next day.

That’s the journalistic brilliance of Alan Nixon.....

5 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

As per previous comment, Moon won’t discharge until payment received which will require 1 or maybe 2 CHAPS. CHAPS only available on a Monday therefore Sunday is not possible.

Ive seen lots of chaps out and about on sunday night,on canal st manchestor. So wheres the problem?🤠

2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Thank you mate for the explanation, I appreciate it.

I do apologise to you for having to go to the bother of doing it though as I actually did know most of that but I think how I wrote my sentence to which you kindly responded should have been much clearer and prevented any confusion to others.

What I was meaning to say was that I wondered if one business strategy to buy the club might be a plan to sell off assets such as the ground - hence the question mark.

I was merely trying to point out by putting in brackets that the ACV would not prevent an ultimate sale of the ground if it came to that - and not asking the question if it did.

As I say apologies for the confusion and my appreciation and thanks for you trying to help me.

Whilst I'm posting - thank you to Bolton Diver for his kind words above.

No worries. It was the question mark that made me think maybe you weren't sure 

I sometimes work with properties that have a ACV so just added my input 

Has anyone heard about the possible Peter Kenyon consortium since Nixon mentioned it? Seems to have died a death, was hoping Kenyon & Co were going to gazump Basran & Co and maybe bring in someone like Nicky Butt (ex Man U connection) as our next manager.

8 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Has anyone heard about the possible Peter Kenyon consortium since Nixon mentioned it? Seems to have died a death, was hoping Kenyon & Co were going to gazump Basran & Co and maybe bring in someone like Nicky Butt (ex Man U connection) as our next manager.

I read it has if basran doesn't sign the deal by Sunday their exclusivity period runs out and Kenyon can nip in and buy the club