Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

15 minutes ago, gonzo said:

For every Portsmouth there’s a Boston United. 

For every Leicester there’s a Tranmere or Stockport.

why the fuck people seem to think admin or insolvency is some magical land where all our troubles will be gone is beyond me.

Its like wanting to get done for drink driving to stop you drink driving. 

Or drinking

We're going to get another monied chancer who won't actually front up any brass...

The days of a Jack Walker or an Eddie Davies, lads who bobbed under the turnstile done good are over.
We will get another accumalate to accumalate twat.

We should've fucking lynched all this type of arsehole back in 2009 (our own BD excepted...)

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, gonzo said:

For every Portsmouth there’s a Boston United. 

For every Leicester there’s a Tranmere or Stockport.

why the fuck people seem to think admin or insolvency is some magical land where all our troubles will be gone is beyond me.

Its like wanting to get done for drink driving to stop you drink driving. 

That's where it's heading though, unless Howard's assessment comes to fruition.

If I were Football Ventures or Howard's mystery bidder, I don't see why I would offer to repay the £8m Ken allegedly owes to Moonshift.

£5m fair enough because that's secured, but the other £3m Is Ken's problem whatever it might have been spent on.

P.S. Where did the money come from to pay the players wages last week?

Edited by Chris Custodiet

8 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

If I were Football Ventures or Howard's mystery bidder, I don't see why I would offer to repay the £8m Ken allegedly owes to Moonshift.

£5m fair enough because that's secured, but the other £3m Is Ken's problem whatever it might have been spent on.

Perhaps, in that second sentence you have hit the nail on the head as to why negotiations have broken down?

11 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

How has the moonshift £5 million morphed into 8 million? 

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How has the moonshift £5 million morphed into 8 million? 

We don't know it has. It is after all, merely one posters' word.

But if ED was bailing out wages etc as rumoured then its possible isn't it?

29 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

According to Howard, Ken paid the wages

3 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

According to Howard, Ken paid the wages

I fail to see how by paying wages he’s racked up another 3 million, that’s unless he’s paid himself 2.4 million. Seriously worried about the next set of accounts as it seems Ken’s claim that we were at break even/slight profit seem so far from reality it’s frightening. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

11 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’m sure he’s made out he’s paid the wages 3 times, if that’s the case that would be near 2 million. Then prob a million on top as a thank you to himself 

My understanding is when he’s paid wages he’s taken the money back when cash flow allows.  Think his budget was worked out on back of a fag packet. I was sure we’d come out of this ok but my view is changing this now looks like a perfect storm I can now see liquidation being a distinct possibility. 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My understanding is when he’s paid wages he’s taken the money back when cash flow allows.  Think his budget was worked out on back of a fag packet. I was sure we’d come out of this ok but my view is changing this now looks like a perfect storm I can now see liquidation being a distinct possibility. 

I've been there since Friday. I thought it would be fine - the deal would eventually go through - but now to me it looks more complex than just Basran and Anderson coming to a compromise. If Anderson is in hock to the Davies family by the amounts we're being told and some is unsecured....I think liquidation is a very serious possibility. 

18 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I fail to see how by paying wages he’s racked up another 3 million, that’s unless he’s paid himself 2.4 million. Seriously worried about the next set of accounts as it seems Ken’s claim that we were at break even/slight profit seem so far from reality it’s frightening. 

A small profit in 2018 remains very credible but it wouldn't  have been enough to manage the whopping increase in supplier balances between 2016 and 2017. It always seemed to me that we would run out of cash and supplier patience  by Christmas 2017. So the idea that Eddie helped  out in that period and that the money has never been repaid would not be inconsistent with other known factors.