Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

I’ve become quite attached to the mystery bidder. If/ when they take control all of that mystique will be lost. Which is a shame 

I hope they continue with it. Wearing balaclavas in the Directors box at home games. Or, speaking through a dictaphone like kidnappers when giving interviews. 

Only way I’ll stay interested 

14 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

I’ve become quite attached to the mystery bidder. If/ when they take control all of that mystique will be lost. Which is a shame 

I hope they continue with it. Wearing balaclavas in the Directors box at home games. Or, speaking through a dictaphone like kidnappers when giving interviews. 

Public Q&A with Marc Iles and the new chairman dressed as that phone jacker bloke :D

21 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

They could have their dialogue voiced by actors like Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness in the 90's. 

7 hours ago, royal white said:

Does anyone Else think that the other bidders (Howard’s lot) are the Supporters Trust.

30 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

ST are £29,940,000 short

1 minute ago, HomerJay said:

If big H is fronting for the ST we is gonna look a reet bunch of turnips.

Image result for picture bunch of turnips

Just popping in to see if this Bassoon , Baboon, Basspro, Bassey bollocks has fizzled out yet?

No, I’m not ITK, but I have never heard such an obvious ploy to get the asking price up. Bassini.. come on.. 😆

As you were... 

Edited by Plums

10 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Is this a fact Howard?

It's just that for the last two years I've been saying elsewhere  that Anderson inherited a balance sheet of >£40 million and I suspected he has been running the club into the ground whilst lining his own pockets ever since. And that I heard several rich and respectable potential buyers were pissed off by his obnoxious behaviour and unreasonable demands and ended up walking  And more recently (before I re-registered for WW) that I suspected Anderson would be likely to put his own pocket ahead of the club's best interest when he inevitably had to sell the club when the money ran out.

Obviously I got tons of abuse for expressing these suspicions, but in the absence of facts, I agreed that it was best to wait until show and tell time. Now I know that according to the accounts Anderson wiped >£4 million off the value of the club in his first year and that the accounts haven't been filed since. 

So do you know for a fact that the debts are £12 million more than stated? And if so is that £12 million more than the accounts he submitted to the potential buyers (naughty!) or £12 million more than the last filed accounts (period to July 2017)? And if it's the former, do you happen to know what the balance sheet value of the club is ATM?

(I know the Balance Sheet isn't a perfect measure of value but it's a good indicator assuming the same convention is used)

Lets try to make a bit more sense out of Howard's £12m additional debts that he  says  are 'loans against transfers and the EFL money'.

He previously made assertions/inferences that transfer monies were factored and that the club did not repay the factoring debt when the transfer money was received. His more recent answer seems to infer that something similar occurred with broadcasting income due in from the EFL. There is a further inference that ED lent KA another £3m on top of the £5m needed to settle up the Blumarble debt.

So that would leave about £15m to account for. Where has it gone?

The last audited accounts were made up to 30 June 2017 and showed the group with an operating loss for the year of £13.5m. Promotion to the Championship would have increased broadcasting income by about £6m which together with some savings on player wages, as old contracts ran out, would make the expected loss of c.£5m in 2017/18 plausible albeit unaffordable. So further borrowings were likely to be needed by Christmas 2017.

Gary Madine was sold at the end of January 2018 for an estimared £6m plus add ons which, taken together with the £1m interest reduction on the Blumarble settlement and some bonuses for the Andersons, would likely result in a small reported profit for the year. That's not accounting for any further write offs on the old Moonshift debt all of which seems to have been written off before or after 30 June 2018.

Expected operating losses in 2018/19 have not been reported but a figure of about £500K per month would seem to be a reasonable estimate, though it could be more.

So in terms of operating losses and transfer profit we've probably only accounted for about £5m of the £15m allegedly additional funds.

With every day that passes Howard seems closer and closer to Team Mystery Bidder and a long  way from being a neutral observer. Nobody would claim Ken Anderson is Snow White but lets be careful before he is burned at the stake on the basis of spin or supposition.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

If Howard's correct in what he is saying 

Then I think 99% of fans will believe Ken's being a cunt which I agree with 

The new owners may be cunts or not we do not know as yet

I just want this shitstorm over so I can concentrate on which player I'm going to boo next game

23 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Lets try to make a bit more sense out of Howard's £12m additional debts that he  says  are 'loans against transfers and the EFL money'.

He previously made assertions/inferences that transfer monies were factored and that the club did not repay the factoring debt when the transfer money was received. His more recent answer seems to infer that something similar occurred with broadcasting income due in from the EFL. There is a further inference that ED lent KA another £3m on top of the £5m needed to settle up the Blumarble debt.

The last audited accounts were made up to 30 June 2017 and showed the group with an operating loss for the year of £13.5m. Promotion to the Championship woud have increased broadcasting income by about £6m which together with some savings on player wages, as old contracts ran out, would make the expected loss of c.£5m in 2017/18 plausible albeit unaffordable. So further borrowings were likely to be needed by Christmas 2017.

Gary Madine was sold at the end of January 2018 for an estimared £6m plus add ons which, taken together with the £1m interest reduction on the Blumarble settlement and some bonuses for the Andersons, would likely result in a small reported profit for the year. That's not accounting for any further write offs on the old Moonshift debt all of which seems to have been written off before or after 30 June 2018.

Expected operating losses in 2018/19 have not been reported but a figure of about £500K per month would seem to be a reasonable estimate, though it could be more.

So in terms of operating losses and transfer profit we've probably only accounted for about £5m of the £15m allegedly additional funds.

With every day that passes Howard seems closer and closer to Team Mystery Bidder and a long  way from being a neutral observer. Nobody would claim Ken Anderson is Snow White but lets be careful before he is burned at the stake on the basis of supposition.

Ok, loans were made against transfers and  fees and then paid in to ICI/KA personal account. 

EFL and transfer fees then went to the club as normal, as reflected in the accounts. 

ICI as majority shareholder of Burnden Leisure and subsequently BWFC holds the debt against the assets on its books. 

In accounts that I have seen and you have not (the prospectus sent to city investors) this is referenced as an inter company obligation. 

27 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

The last audited accounts were made up to 30 June 2017 and showed the group with an operating loss for the year of £13.5m. Promotion to the Championship woud have increased broadcasting income by about £6m which together with some savings on player wages, as old contracts ran out, would make the expected loss of c.£5m in 2017/18 plausible albeit unaffordable. So further borrowings were likely to be needed by Christmas 2017.

With every day that passes Howard seems closer and closer to Team Mystery Bidder and a long  way from being a neutral observer. Nobody would claim Ken Anderson is Snow White but lets be careful before he is burned at the stake on the basis of spin or supposition.

If he sells to a crank like Bassini, and not to the mystery bidders (who would be better for the club by all accounts), does it still count as a miracle?

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

Ok, loans were made against transfers and  fees and then paid in to ICI/KA personal account. 

EFL and transfer fees then went to the club as normal, as reflected in the accounts. 

ICI as majority shareholder of Burnden Leisure and subsequently BWFC holds the debt against the assets on its books. 

In accounts that I have seen and you have not (the prospectus sent to city investors) this is referenced as an inter company obligation. 

Howard, could a deal be done without all parties (creditors) agreeing, KA can sell his shares and then the new bidder has to negotiate with the creditors post sale?? 

6 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Howard, could a deal be done without all parties (creditors) agreeing, KA can sell his shares and then the new bidder has to negotiate with the creditors post sale?? 

Hypothetically yes, however the other creditors could reject proposals and issue WU orders/substitute on to the HMRC order. There would be no protection from this if they didn’t agree. 

Likewise, HMRC are expecting full payment on or before Weds, paying this means that other creditors can substitute in immediately. 

The reality is that there isn’t enough time to do this.

2 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Hypothetically yes, however the other creditors could reject proposals and issue WU orders/substitute on to the HMRC order. There would be no protection from this if they didn’t agree. 

Likewise, HMRC are expecting full payment on or before Weds, paying this means that other creditors can substitute in immediately. 

The reality is that there isn’t enough time to do this.

Cheers, so with that said, are you still 100% confident on your mystery buyer?