Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, Mantra said:

Please don't claim this as a victory either, it's unbearable. You just copied information from some randomer who tweeted Nixon with a leak.

This is definitely not the time for "I told you so."

Well maybe that fake account with now 3 followers was me all along trying to get a point across ?

Just now, Inspector Goole said:

Well maybe that fake account with now 3 followers was me all along trying to get a point across ?

Prove it then and I'll take it back. You were tweeting that account begging for information, so I don't believe you.

I've been following this, like many others, with extreme interest - and add my thanks to Howard for his insight.  The bit I'm missing in my head is - if we assume Bassini doesn't prove funds/pass FPP tests (if appropriate), then if liquidation is a better option financially for KA than selling to Howard's bidders, what would possibly sway KA to go with H's mob other than an improved offer from Howard's bidders, or a rare moment of conscience/PR concerns on behalf of KA? 

Howard - is there any legal obligation for KA to accept a lone bid from your mob rather than force the club into liquidation? 

Apologies if this has already been spelled out, and others have grasped it - but I've read the whole thread and I can't see it! :(

Just now, Colonel Mustard said:

I've been following this, like many others, with extreme interest - and add my thanks to Howard for his insight.  The bit I'm missing in my head is - if we assume Bassini doesn't prove funds/pass FPP tests (if appropriate), then if liquidation is a better option financially for KA than selling to Howard's bidders, what would possibly sway KA to go with H's mob other than an improved offer from Howard's bidders, or a rare moment of conscience/PR concerns on behalf of KA? 

Howard - is there any legal obligation for KA to accept a lone bid from your mob rather than force the club into liquidation? 

Apologies if this has already been spelled out, and others have grasped it - but I've read the whole thread and I can't see it! :(

Howard can answer in more depth I'm sure, but I think what it comes down to is that Ken has been doing some dodgy antics. If he sells to Bassini, a blind eye will be turned to said antics and he gets off with his money. If he liquidates Bolton, there will be serious investigations likely to happen into his tenure which could find out some of his dodgy dealings and put him in hot water.

That's my reading of it anway.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Mustard said:

The only action would be retrospective, he cannot be forced to sell.

41 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

How many years business experience do you have?

I am to cynical to believe anything until I see it nowadays, this is no different. Fuck knows what will happen... all any of us can really do is wait and see

6 years pal, I thought that was the norm these day

4 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Has Howard's client's thrown in the towel now then? Not been able to keep up so much today. Someone do a summary!

Seems like Ken got the injunction, if there was ever one to get. Pushes Howard's buyers back a week. 

That's pretty much the only update apart from the BN article that just came out, but they sound clueless, so wouldn't buy into that. Chairman's notes too, usual shit. 

Edited by SilentBob

Nixon seems to be hinting that Gaspard are the ones Ken's calling out in this bit of the notes. 

"Unfortunately, there are several local individuals who are making themselves very busy talking to the media and anyone else who will listen, purporting to be buying the club.

I can categorically state that most of the names being mentioned on social media are people who might have expressed an interest, but have never been able to provide documentary evidence that they have the liquid cash funds.

Maybe, they are just waiting to say: “l offered to buy it”. I really don’t know, but l do wish they wouldn’t waste our time.

Indeed, one of the so called eligible buyers has been telling us he has the funds for over two years now without once showing acceptable proof of the funds."