Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

6 minutes ago, Pricey said:

What are you thought's on Bassini Boothy?

It just doesn’t add up to me. He’s been bankrupted in recent years and I would be astonished if he can recover enough financial clout to seriously think we can challenge for the EPL promotion in 2 - 3 years. That requires substantial investment to the tune of tens of millions I’d reckon. That said if Bassini is our man I don’t see any choice but to rally round him and give the Club our support. 

1 minute ago, Boothy said:

It just doesn’t add up to me. He’s been bankrupted in recent years and I would be astonished if he can recover enough financial clout to seriously think we can challenge for the EPL promotion in 2 - 3 years. That requires substantial investment to the tune of tens of millions I’d reckon. That said if Bassini is our man I don’t see any choice but to rally round him and give the Club our support. 

I agree, definitely more to his takeover than just him and his millions

1 minute ago, Boothy said:

Howard says that a jointly conducted survey suggested the land is undervalued. Would that be sufficient to get backing? 

Just now, ProfessorWoland said:

Howard says that a jointly conducted survey suggested the land is undervalued. Would that be sufficient to get backing? 

I'm not an expert in this field by any means but you'd imagine someone or business could leverage the value to obtain financial backing. Howard stated that the joint survey was between his group and the Caravan Club if I recall correctly. Anyway, Bassini is on record saying he is in it alone and doesn't want to go back into football with other investors. 

16 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

FFS. Bassini has 3 companies registered at the same address, 1 of which is a restaurant seemingly without any premises.  None have filed any accounts.  If he's not got any backers, he can't have a pot to piss in.

It’ll be a butty van a lay-by on an industrial estate haha

One thing this thread has shown - the large majority of the seriously monied are money-juggling, ha'penny shoving, Guernsey Grand Cayman bullshitting parasites. 'When Atlas Shrugged'? My arse - Hang them all.

Power to the people, up the revolution etc.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

2 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

I'm not drawing any conclusions but might I suggest that Michael James and Tom Morris would have a fairly informed knowledge of land values and land potential in the North West.

40 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

No parting shot, just a confirmation of a few things (albeit most have been said before)

1) I was born in Bristol, yes, I found myself in Bolton for work in the mid-90’s. My first game was Spurs at Burnden in the league cup. Season ticket until 2009 when work took me to sunnier climbs. At Burnden I used to park behind the paint centre on Weston St, at the Reebok it was on Scan as they were a client. I lived in Harwood and drunk in the 7 stars and Crofters, occasionally the No Name. 

2) I came here with a double agenda and under the employ of a firm based in the Middle East. The agenda was initially to make clear the lack of funding available to FV, so that ground swell didn’t cause a completion before my group were through EFL checks. 

3) You may not believe it, but we saved the club in March by contacting KA the day before court to show our hand, without that it was liquidation. 

4) Following that the agenda became to shine a light on the activities of KA so as to cause a knee jerk reaction and complete with our group. We know he reads here and has sensitivities to statements, likewise the forensic accounting started to apply pressure.

5) The arrival of Mr Bassini’s group was something of a surprise/spanner in the works and has caused issues to move us away from our required narrative. I do believe he has the backers to complete, likewise he has the backers to support guerilla action to discredit our bid. 

6) Why did we want to buy the club? The land is highly valuable, the hotel car park in particular as well as bits around the training ground and relief roads. We also believed that a speculative £120M investment may well generate a return of 2/3 times this if EPL could be agreed. The sale value of the land would allow for significant investment/offset some risk. We were very much looking at a Wolves model but with the input of a slightly less country specific agent. 

7) The documents were not ‘knock ups’ and I will put the originals on a Dropbox for you to view them once the takeover is completed. 

8. My frustrations stemmed not from the challenges posed, but from the misery. Maybe it’s the situation, but I’ve always been of the opinion that I take a man at his word until I’m proven incorrect. What I see here is a small number of individuals who would rather spend their time attempting to prove me wrong/discredit rather than engaging in intelligent debate; allowing myself to build trust. It is these individuals that will seize upon only this point in response to this message.

9) Any of you holding the tiny fraction of shares in Burnden Leisure could verify any of my statements through the club solicitors. 

10) Mr Bassini is fronting the consortium because it is impossible to smear him, it’s a sort of perverse double jeopardy. That  he is anywhere near the other consortium  suggests the presence of my bidders is very real and that the comments on this forum have impact. 

11) Our consortium’s link to another football team was Seattle Sounders. 

12) Why did we choose to deal with Moonshift directly? KA was very clearly dealing with certain buyers who would agree to certain conditions that we simply could not, legally. Did we ever expect him to deal with us? No. Did we expect Mr Bassini? No. We expected a clear path once FV had been removed. 

Those are my final comments because I expect Bassini to complete today. 

Best, 

Howard Roark

Thank you howard.

Thanks for your consortium for saving us back in March 😀.

Thanks for your excellent and informative posts.

I am genuinely sorry your team hasn't took over.

I feel the post Anderson , Bassini years are going to be more of the same , there is no feel good factor in this takeover. 

With regards to your takeover I had concerns about Bahrain involvement due to  poor human rights in the country. That said you were open about it and no one picked you up on it, as everyone was blinded by the money .

As for Bassini , who knows who is behind him , is our club safe in the hands of a man banned from football for 3 years for " misconduct  and dishonesty over financial dealings with Watford " .

Cheers Howard , it's been a pleasure 

3 minutes ago, Boothy said:

He could easily of made £30m is he's flipping voids in social housing... Asset Investment company I work for does the same - we've probably made the owner of the company £15m in the last 9 months - we've diversified so probably spent approaching £10m on acquisitions, and I think its safe to say he's probably made people who came in on the ground floor with him millionaires (or close to) as well, so probably spent another £5m on the 5/6 staff who joined him on day 1... easily doable getting the £30m... Not a name I've heard as a competitor for us  I must say, but doesn't mean he's not. 

6 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I'm not drawing any conclusions but might I suggest that Michael James and Tom Morris would have a fairly informed knowledge of land values and land potential in the North West.

What land are they talking about??

is it the land around the triaining ground?? Houses are currently being built all round it. 

I think they may be hinting at selling some of the current land they have pitches on within the training ground.

Edited by Pablo

Laurence Bassini exclusive: Bolton buyer vows to lead club back to the Premier League within three years
In a rare interview with talkSPORT’s Jim White, the disgraced former Watford owner told Trotters fans they have nothing to worry about his prospective takeover

Laurence Bassini has assured Bolton Wanderers supporters their club will be in good hands if his prospective takeover from Ken Anderson goes through.

The British businessman, whose ill-fated spell in charge at Watford last only 13 months, joined talkSPORT host Jim White for a rare interview on Friday.

This week, the 48-year-old was revealed as the man primed to buy current owner Anderson’s shares and save the club from impending liquidation.

But the news was not welcomed with open arms by Trotters fans, while talkSPORT pundit Simon Jordan suggested his takeover could be catastrophic for the club.

Bassini has TWICE been declared bankrupt and was banned from owning an EFL club for three years in 2013 for alleged financial misconduct.

He has since been cleared to return to football by the EFL, though.

Speaking to Jim White on Friday, Bassini responded to Jordan’s claims and insisted he will fund a big rebuild job with the aim to get Bolton back to the Premier League within three years.

“If it wasn’t my love and affection for football and this club, I wouldn’t be coming back,” Bassini said in an exclusive interview with talkSPORT.

“I think Bolton is a great, great club. I looked at it two years ago before Mr Anderson. They’re a great club and they deserve more. I think they have the potential to return to the top.

“I very rarely do interviews, in fact this is one of the first times I’ve ever done an interview because I just don’t do them.

future

“But I think the Bolton fans deserve more and need to know and feel safe, and that’s the reason I’m doing this interview.

“Bolton needs a good infrastructure, and if that infrastructure can be put into this club and if the right people are brought in now…

“I don’t know if we’ll survive this season. I’m hoping we do, but if we go down we’ll be putting a large sum of money in to bring them straight back up and then obviously a plan for them to get back into the Premier League.

“My plan is simple – if we go down it will be a three-year plan, if we stay up it’ll be a two-year plan to get them back into the Premier League.

“The money is available, I just need to have two or three things checked out with Mr Anderson and the club and then we’ll go forward, but we are very close in the coming week.”

More to follow…

8 minutes ago, Boothy said:

I'm not an expert in this field by any means but you'd imagine someone or business could leverage the value to obtain financial backing. Howard stated that the joint survey was between his group and the Caravan Club if I recall correctly. Anyway, Bassini is on record saying he is in it alone and doesn't want to go back into football with other investors. 

No, CBA trawling through the thread, but somebody asked 3 questions. The 3rd question was the caravan club link. Howard only answered two originally, the answer to 2 being yes. Whoever it was then erroneously took the Yes as relating to the caravan club question. H a few posts later confirmed there was no link

Just now, Chris Custodiet said:

Exactly. Land valuation would have been the easiest part of this whole debacle.

10 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

So there's no truth to the sightings of Cliff Barnes at the Horwich Asda and representatives from Ewing oil being spotted secretly digging up the car park?