Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

11 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

image.png.9d8e848770ad854ae100cd1fc266ae4b.png

No idea what his instagram account is so can't check the truth of this.   But if it's true he's on holiday in Dubai when the players aren't being paid, and all this malarkey is going on, I'm going to have to start using a capital C from now on.

been logging in and out all day every 10-20 mins

37 minutes ago, Blondi said:

What's going to happen if we haven't heard anything at 4.31? Does this mean it is confirmed that Howard is the best wum ever?

I think we should focus on the match for today and get interested in takeover news after 9am tomorrow. Anything earlier is a bonus.

45 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Of course, people will walk away from a deal if someone is asking too much and ain't going to budge but if they seriously want the business and they know the owner's going to be desparate in a few weeks time they'll usually wait those few weeks. But you speak as if BWFC were  a run-of-the-mill tradeable commodity but it isn't really like that, is it?

The thing that Howard has put into  the public domain is that KA borrowed £3m from Eddie Davies that KA lent to BWFC (presumably to pay wages) and that KA had no security for the loan until 2-3 weeks after Eddie's death or potentially six months longer if a liquidator were to set aside the security as an unfair preference. That's a lot of risk in my book. I expect it was to Mr and Mrs Anderson.

The consultancy fees in 2017 have already been explained on multiple occasions but continue to be misrepresented in the media, most recently in The Times yesterday. The 2018 consultancy fees have not yet been disclosed but I do expect they will be quite substantial based on the sale of Madine, maintenance of Championship status and a reported profit. Most football agents would have wanted 10% of the Madine sale and I expect KA would think his efforts on that and securing a £1million reduction in Blumarble interest charges provided the club with good value.

I have no doubt that when these figures are known there will be outrage as the amounts collected by footballers and their agents is outrageous by the standards of ordinary working people, not least the permanent staff of BWFC. But you have rather proved to me that any claims you make should be treated with caution.

But BWFC is a run of the mill tradeable commodity just like everything else, it has a price that the market is willing to pay for it, its just one with an emotional attachment for the majority on here... chances are whoever does get us in the end is going to view it as that, and if they're a decent owner they'll invest to realise the true value of that commodity.  

To be honest I don't care what Howard put on here, I'm purely talking about whats in the known published accounts held on Companies House as an accountant, and as you claim to be one also, you'll know that Anderson will have made sure that there is absolutely no coming back on him through the books, it'll all be against the club, so your comments are simply trying to wind people up on here and get a response. 

More than happy for everything I say to be treated with caution, they're in no way ITK as I said, merely conversations between 2 people who work in capital asset investment while they worked there way through 10 pints or so reminiscing about various events over the last 25 years or so. We both thought KA was a cunt, and as it happens so do others who've had to deal with him... 

Do you by chance live in Holland, and are some form of alter ego for Natasha? I vaguely remember a similarly tedious Chris from Burnden Aces many years ago. 

25 minutes ago, DLH said:

But BWFC is a run of the mill tradeable commodity just like everything else, it has a price that the market is willing to pay for it, its just one with an emotional attachment for the majority on here... chances are whoever does get us in the end is going to view it as that, and if they're a decent owner they'll invest to realise the true value of that commodity.  

To be honest I don't care what Howard put on here, I'm purely talking about whats in the known published accounts held on Companies House as an accountant, and as you claim to be one also, you'll know that Anderson will have made sure that there is absolutely no coming back on him through the books, it'll all be against the club, so your comments are simply trying to wind people up on here and get a response. 

More than happy for everything I say to be treated with caution, they're in no way ITK as I said, merely conversations between 2 people who work in capital asset investment while they worked there way through 10 pints or so reminiscing about various events over the last 25 years or so. We both thought KA was a cunt, and as it happens so do others who've had to deal with him... 

Do you by chance live in Holland, and are some form of alter ego for Natasha? I vaguely remember a similarly tedious Chris from Burnden Aces many years ago. 

'''You're right about one thing though, he needs to sell, his record and what any accountant worth there salt will "allegedly"  find in an adminstration/liquidation situation goes one way for him, her majesties pleasure.... ''

''To be honest I don't care what Howard put on here, I'm purely talking about whats in the known published accounts held on Companies House as an accountant, and as you claim to be one also, you'll know that Anderson will have made sure that there is absolutely no coming back on him through the books, it'll all be against the club, so your comments are simply trying to wind people up on here and get a response. ''

Would you like to explain this to me in words that I might better understand?.  He's going to do time in the slammer even though there's 'no coming back on him through the books'?

For the benefit of those with rational thought processes, I have reason to understand that the unsecured loan that Howard referred to arose after 30 June 2017, the date of the last filed accounts at Companies House.

Edited by Chris Custodiet