Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Agree with most of Gonzos post above. KA has always felt like a necessary evil. The more this goes on the more it feels like rather keeping things going someone has been quietly lining their own pockets. 

( I am not saying who this might be). 

3 minutes ago, nantwichwhite said:

Listen parky as soon as we can pay you, you are sacked.

Shame he wasn't potted at Xmas, the negative turd.

I can live with going down, it's going down without a fight i find hard to stomach - gutless manager, gutless players, i wish they'd all just fuck off.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I deffo think he inside info and was involved with a particular party. Maybe just not as involved as he made out and I think he underestimated the knowledge of a few other posters and onlookers from twitter etc.

He didn’t like being taken to task on his figures, which suggested to me he was receiving loose and maybe embellished info from Someone involved and spinning it all as fact.

Dont think he was made a fool, just not as bang on as folk first thought. As soon as he started chucking shit about, even the most ardent anti kenners from elsewhere tore it to pieces which says everything.

Theres only John Galt on here that knows the truth but he/they seemed more interested in defending themselves than offering people a full explanation as why the club is dying from within at a rapid rate.

Even the debate and bad feeling on here and twitter seems to be turning in to  United apathy and panic is slowly starting to take hold.

I always thought ken was doing his upmost to keep the wolves from the door to the club running therefore covering his own pocket. A total crook, but our only crook and it actually worked for a bit. The shit hit the fan when Eddie died and any sellable asset gone.

But he’s given up either because he knows there’s an end and someone is gonna either buy us or one the local big wigs are gonna bail us out with admin and go from there. Or he just doesn’t give a fuck and we’re heading for admin. 

Whatever Happens, it’s the time for unity. No I told you so’s, no age old debates and shit slinging, What’s happened has happened, if he has screwed us over and it’s not just mismanagement because of lack of funds I’ll eat humble pie for backing the only show in town, but nobody can be blamed for doing that. 

Spot on, Gonzo.

I believed Howard more than most on here and still do think he had sound insider information. There seemed to be too much detail to suggest otherwise.

Maybe I am being naive as I am not familiar with financial affairs and  business dealings, so I’m sure anyone with half a brain in accountancy could spin something believable to the average bloke.

There were some odd moments with H though, such as the “mill” comment, which didn’t make sense for a PR man to say to a group of fans that he is supposed to be courting.

Also the whole Bassini thing that went from H discrediting him to then saying that they were going to fund him. It was all very confusing and it made it hard to believe much of what was said towards the end. I get that situations can change but that was almost a total U-turn on Bassini.

I’m not sure why H has left, whether his group (if they existed) have dropped their interest completely now, or if they feel there’s no point posting on the forum anymore for their purposes.

If he was a WUM I think he would’ve been basking in the glory of his success rather than just leaving without a word, as he has done.

I did enjoy having his narrative to follow as did many fans, as it offered a different perspective to the mainstream media. Whether it was false info or not, I don’t think you can blame people for wanting to believe him.

I’ve seen some on here and on twitter including Will from LoV and TrottersBlog  slating people who believed Howard, only after he disappeared though, which made no sense to me, as they were very quiet up until the thread disappeared.

I imagine they were both reading the thread like many fans and hoping it was true, but as soon as the share recall thing didn’t happen they wanted to appear intelligent to their followers. It’s not like they said from the start that he was chatting shit. Just pounced as soon as the share recall thing didn’t happen when expected.

The whole Howard situation reminded me of the Anderson situation where people revelled in the fact that they thought Ken was a bastard before anyone else did. Much like people are loving the fact that they’ve somehow been proven right that Howard is a wind up, though I’m not convinced there’s evidence to suggest that yet.

It doesn’t seem to help anything other than people’s personal egos and their cynicism.

I’m hoping Howard does come back to clear up a few things, whether he has an agenda or not, I think any info on the takeover is welcome, as there’s literally no info now H has gone. Nixon and Iles have said very little, and maybe that’s because very little is happening but surely someone has some info on what’s going on.

I mean, Ken’s on tour doing Dubai and the US and no one knows whether his shares have been recalled or not, there’s no narrative to believe or disbelieve anymore. What’s going on is anyone’s guess.

17 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Shame he wasn't potted at Xmas, the negative turd.

I can live with going down, it's going down without a fight i find hard to stomach - gutless manager, gutless players, i wish they'd all just fuck off.

Christmas 2018

2 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

We've got a squad of loan signings and freebies.  Whatever the style of play we'd go down. Derby's wage bill is £44 million a season. Ours is £9.5 million and wouldn't even be the biggest in league 1.

We've had that for 3 or 4 years though. 

It's a miracle we went up from league 1 last time and staying up last season was literally on a par with walking on water and feeding 5000 a buttered hot dog each. 

Thing that gets me is even though they don't have amazing records, some of the players we've signed have decent championship records like Murphy, buckly, noone, hoobs and grounds, it's got to be parkinson and the tactics/training. 

28 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Howard did what Sluffy and Custard do all the time - try and baffle you with long and complicated explanations to simple things. They'll always be a set of absolute cranks.

At least your normal agenda has resurfaced ..

None of them are cranks .....unlike you 

Edited by Take Hunt Off

6 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

We've got a squad of loan signings and freebies.  Whatever the style of play we'd go down. Derby's wage bill is £44 million a season. Ours is £9.5 million and wouldn't even be the biggest in league 1.

So why are we skint to the extent we are then ? Rhetorical

3 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

So why are we skint to the extent we are then ? Rhetorical

I actually think that is the most important question in all of this. Not every club in the division has a millionaire chucking money in so why are we so deeply in the shit. Money is leaking somewhere. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Read the comments about wages. Players have come here cos no one else wanted them at this level. 

Add in shit storm that the club has become no manager would have had much chance of keeping us up. 

Parky has made some strange and some just bad calls but the idea it is all his fault is honestly bollocks. I do think he has to go but I won’t join in this hatred that people seem to have to him. 

Correct. 

He would have been potted moons ago at any other club (and rightly so) but he's not been as useless as lennon or freedman given the players and finances at his disposal. 

I get the sense parkie is the only fucker turning up these days! 

12 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

This is a shit excuse or reason behind Parky's tactics. Need a manager who knows when it's time to grow a pair, not someone who picks his lineup out of a hat and won't budge on tactics. So many games this year there have been teams completely open, but what do we do? Sit back, lump it, concede, lose, repeat. It showed just how negative he planned to be at the beginning of the season against Bristol and QPR. 2-0 up and fucked it up and then didn't bother trying to attack against QPR until it was too late. 

I do feel sorry for the shit that Parky has had to deal with, and we all know he's had to deal with more shit in his time with Ken than he'll ever have to deal with again. But while he may be a top bloke and good at keeping things together, he's just very clearly not a championship manager. 

I do wonder though, is he sort of being held hostage himself? Has he been paid the bonus that was mentioned earlier in the season that he was due? If not, then if he quits he probably loses out on that too. Would explain why he puts up with the shit he does and also why he hasn't been sacked if it means he'll get what he's owed.