Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

22 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

The irony of this given the last few pages. People who'd still choose oblivion with Ken over being in any way associated with what are, at worst, naive well meaning Bolton fans.

Also the criticism of a pointless meeting that solves nothing on a thread heading towards 500 pages 

Has anyone actually said they’d rather we go out of buisness than the ST take over?

Also this Blackpool stuff. They were no near liquidation. They just didn’t like the people in charge. They were right not to, but financially they were fine. Now after receivership someone is going to have to cover those £100k a week losses.

Same with us. If our ST showed me they could generate enough money to salvage the club either in admin or kick start something brand new after liquidation I’d be all over it.

But that lot I saw on show last night, and have seen on show since their existence fills me with nothing but dread. I personally don’t want anything to do with an operation led by them.

Portsmouths ST had money behind them. Ours don’t. They also had 18k loyal fans. Ours don’t. Blackpool weren’t on the edge of a cliff, we are. The comparisons are bullshit.

The supporters trust have no money and do no represent me as a fan or any other fan I know for that matter in any way shape or form. They are just a gang of fans that decided to form a group. Any single one of us could do the same.

Nobody is happy with the current ownership. Nobody. But if you think the ST can in anyway salvage this situation or create Portsmouth style Phoenix from flames football club owned by the fans you need to put the crack pipe down and take a look at the state of every other clubs finances and how much money and backing it actually takes to run a football club. 

Take a look at Carlos post about how much it takes to run athy colls ffs. 

The ST don’t have the leadership, personel or finances to even touch the surface. It’s a complete and utter fantasy of those involved and waste of everybodies time. 

39 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

The irony of this given the last few pages. People who'd still choose oblivion with Ken over being in any way associated with what are, at worst, naive well meaning Bolton fans.

Also the criticism of a pointless meeting that solves nothing on a thread heading towards 500 pages 

I did not go or listen to last nights meeting as ST are not relevant to me. 

You keep coming on here with your little digs and offer nothing positive or useful. Although you do pop up when your beloved ST get criticised. So why come here and add to the pointless thread you are obviously thinking you have a point to make so why use this thread ? 

Also to be clear people on here have always said Ken was a snake. If the ST were an alternative it would be different. They are not. 

7 minutes ago, Ani said:

I did not go or listen to last nights meeting as ST are not relevant to me. 

You keep coming on here with your little digs and offer nothing positive or useful. Although you do pop up when your beloved ST get criticised. So why come here and add to the pointless thread you are obviously thinking you have a point to make so why use this thread ? 

Also to be clear people on here have always said Ken was a snake. If the ST were an alternative it would be different. They are not. 

Or he could tell us how he’s going to pull millions of pounds out his arse and show us all the business acumen he has to run a multi million pound football,Leisure and hospitality business with a hotel and academy. 

I really dislike the sneering contempt that some seem to have for the ST. Criticism is fine, of actions or decisions at least, anyone that steps up has to understand that it comes with the territory, but if you have anything about you then you should at least balance that criticism with some respect for the efforts that they're putting in. 

Edited by ProfessorWoland

I think people need to get their heads round the idea that unless someone comes in with millions of pounds this club is history. The st is a plaster on a severed limb, useless. League one - 12 points with the St in charge equals no one watching. 

2 minutes ago, darrener said:

I think people need to get their heads round the idea that unless someone comes in with millions of pounds this club is history. The st is a plaster on a severed limb, useless. League one - 12 points with the St in charge equals no one watching. 

That’s my point. The ST don’t have the finances to run a league 1 team. Nowhere near it. It’s fantasy. 

16 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Or he could tell us how he’s going to pull millions of pounds out his arse and show us all the business acumen he has to run a multi million pound football,Leisure and hospitality business with a hotel and academy. 

Ken hasn’t put a penny and he’s lasted three years 

Basinni has been bankrupt twice, a few years ago for £40k ffs yet he is apparently in the driving seat 

Lets not pretend that those two chances are anyway better at running a bath than the ST would be 

None of them have the millions required to run a stadium, hotel, Lostock and pay off all the debt. Perhaps it’s time to sell it all off and pay the debts off then go again living within our means somewhere else 

I’d rather we have a ST and have that opportunity than fuck it all off as a bad job. Perhaps the guys running the ST are shite, I don’t know. If we have better as a fan base then we need them to step forward so we can sign up and vote them in

Its that or we potentially have no club at all 

24 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

I really dislike the sneering contempt that some seem to have for the ST. Criticism is fine, of actions or decisions at least, anyone that steps up has to understand that it comes with the territory, but if you have anything about you then you should at least balance that criticism with some respect for the efforts that they're putting in. 

If the ST properly represented the fan base and wasn't setup as an exercise by a clique of 3 or 4 who had designs on a fan owned club bumming around league 2 and non-league then everyone would be onside.

However, the ST do not represent the fans - they are not trying to "help the club survive" - instead they want a slice and will do everything they can to obstruct anyone with real means from taking complete control.

Then you have Roger Allanson....is he really someone who should be lecturing anyone about running a business properly or misconduct?

I'm all for the Trust but to see how they responded to mild questioning last night has shown me their true colours.

Unfortunately the comments about them being a closed shop just out for their own egos rings ever more true this morning 

1 minute ago, Kane57 said:

I'm all for the Trust but to see how they responded to mild questioning last night has shown me their true colours.

Unfortunately the comments about them being a closed shop just out for their own egos rings ever more true this morning 

I'm all for A Trust. Just not the one run by the current lot - who have their own and very clear agenda. 

Also their attitude towards other Bolton fans stinks. And they are dodgy. Why won't they answer questions re Allanson?

2 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Can a supporters trust be a closed shop? Surely these people could be voted out easily enough? 

Genuine question 

25 minutes ago, gonzo said:

That’s my point. The ST don’t have the finances to run a league 1 team. Nowhere near it. It’s fantasy. 

I think the idea is that the gate receipts would provide the income to run the club 

last time we were in League 1 we brought in circa £10m without any owner putting in a penny 

Even if circumstances changed and we didn’t play at the Reebok then we have a big enough fan base to operate at league 1 without a wealthy owner (ST or foreign crackpot) pumping cash in 

the issue we have is the current level of indebtedness and running a PL facility like the Unibol in League 1 

Both of which can be overcome whilst still having a football club 

4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Can a supporters trust be a closed shop? Surely these people could be voted out easily enough? 

Genuine question 

I honestly think if we got our arses in gear we could. But what is the point ? We have no more money than them to put in. The only difference is that we know we can not run a football club. 

Just now, Boothy said:

Really?

Small, short term guaranteed loans but even in liquidation he would come out up 

That’s fair enough of course 

However it shows that the ST doesn’t need to have millions to operate the club ongoing 

It would need millions to clear the debt though of course 

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

However it shows that the ST doesn’t need to have millions to operate the club ongoing 

Not quite what you said though is it.

i wonder how he secured £5 m against the assets with a small short term loan

Edited by Boothy

16 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Ken hasn’t put a penny and he’s lasted three years 

Basinni has been bankrupt twice, a few years ago for £40k ffs yet he is apparently in the driving seat 

Lets not pretend that those two chances are anyway better at running a bath than the ST would be 

None of them have the millions required to run a stadium, hotel, Lostock and pay off all the debt. Perhaps it’s time to sell it all off and pay the debts off then go again living within our means somewhere else 

I’d rather we have a ST and have that opportunity than fuck it all off as a bad job. Perhaps the guys running the ST are shite, I don’t know. If we have better as a fan base then we need them to step forward so we can sign up and vote them in

Its that or we potentially have no club at all 

Ken has put money in. Took it back out like, but he put it in. He’s worth about £9m. 

This lot couldn’t cover the sky bill for concourses never mind hold any kind of Clout elsewhere.

Reckon this lot could broker deals and contracts and run an operation the size of ours?

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

If the ST don’t need millions then neither does anyone else....which clearly is not the case. We owe the council over a million quid. Same with the police. Club loses 3M plus a year. Then there is moonshift and James and BW. Given the ST seem to be suggesting those creditors aren’t cooperative that’s already 10M plus needed. 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

If the ST don’t need millions then neither does anyone else....which clearly is not the case. We owe the council over a million quid. Same with the police. Club loses 3M plus a year. Then there is moonshift and James and BW. Given the ST seem to be suggesting those creditors aren’t cooperative that’s already 10M plus needed. 

Bang on. 

11 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I think the idea is that the gate receipts would provide the income to run the club 

last time we were in League 1 we brought in circa £10m without any owner putting in a penny 

Even if circumstances changed and we didn’t play at the Reebok then we have a big enough fan base to operate at league 1 without a wealthy owner (ST or foreign crackpot) pumping cash in 

the issue we have is the current level of indebtedness and running a PL facility like the Unibol in League 1 

Both of which can be overcome whilst still having a football club 

We had Gary Madine, zach clough, holding and Eddie Davies paying players wages at that time. 

Edit Madine to come sorry.

Edited by gonzo

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Clearly the sale of the ground, hotel, car park and training ground would be required to pay off the creditors 

What’s the other option come May 8th, just say goodbye to the club? 

Dpnt get me wrong, I’d rather a rich Arab come in and spunk millions, but that’s looking unlikely. Without that I’d be happy with a crackpot like Bassini or even the ST from the Confrence North 

12 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Clearly the sale of the ground, hotel, car park and training ground would be required to pay off the creditors 

What’s the other option come May 8th, just say goodbye to the club? 

Dpnt get me wrong, I’d rather a rich Arab come in and spunk millions, but that’s looking unlikely. Without that I’d be happy with a crackpot like Bassini or even the ST from the Confrence North 

As the ST pointed out last night - the ground cannot be sold. 

If we had easily realisable assets then there will be far richer people than the ST circling. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

As the ST pointed out last night - the ground cannot be sold. 

If we had easily realisable assets then there will be far richer people than the ST circling. 

Surely it can, if we get liquidated next month what happens, it sits empty rotting when it can be used to pay back creditors (including the council) 

not having that