Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely it can, if we get liquidated next month what happens, it sits empty rotting when it can be used to pay back creditors (including the council) 

not having that 

Which is why I don't see it coming to liquidation - not just yet anyway. I think they will give admin a go first - not sure who will fund it but I think it's the next step.

23 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Not quite what you said though is it.

i wonder how he secured £5 m against the assets with a small short term loan

Isn’t that the same £5m he borrowed off ED to pump into the club? 

You can put that down to Ken if you like mate but it’s not how I see it. Not that I believe he has a responsibility to put his own money in, far from it. However knowing full well he isn’t going to put his own cash in he should have been looking to balance the books. Not sign players that  we can’t afford 

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely it can, if we get liquidated next month what happens, it sits empty rotting when it can be used to pay back creditors (including the council) 

not having that 

They’ve got an acv on the ground and have first dibs. Ironic really :D

not having that 

It can - but its not multi-purpose....so makes it far less attractive....so I'm told. 

If we had easily realisable assets there would be little reason for moonshift not to put us into admin. The reason they haven't can only be that they fear doing so loses them money. 

11 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

not having that 

Its more likely, if liquidated, to be sold to a developer to raise funds and then be flattened.

ACV or not, if BWFC gets liquidation, there wouldnt be enough money in the pot, under a new club, in the 99th tier of the league to upkeep it.

Edited by The True Marple White

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

They’ve got an acv on the ground and have first dibs. Ironic really :D

Aye, but once first dibs are over it’s getting sold 

how long do they get? 

Seriously though, I think we may need to concede that living within our means has to include leaving the Reebok, it’s just too expensive to run in League 1 

We certainly need to sell to meet our debt obligations 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Take a look at Carlos post about how much it takes to run athy colls ffs.  

I don't think I've given this away, as that stays inhouse. Local clubs at our level (mentioning no names) will spend 100k on wages alone this season.

I guess that clubs such as Ashton United and Curzon Ashton in the Conf North spend a similar amount and are amongst the lowest paying in that league.

Isn’t that the same £5m he borrowed off ED to pump into the club? 

You can put that down to Ken if you like mate but it’s not how I see it. Not that I believe he has a responsibility to put his own money in, far from it. However knowing full well he isn’t going to put his own cash in he should have been looking to balance the books. Not sign players that  we can’t afford 

Those players were signed when Eddie was around for back up. 

How could we not sign any players? We got the cheapest we could possibly get. Imagine the outrage had we not assembled a squad. 

1 hour ago, ProfessorWoland said:

I really dislike the sneering contempt that some seem to have for the ST. Criticism is fine, of actions or decisions at least, anyone that steps up has to understand that it comes with the territory, but if you have anything about you then you should at least balance that criticism with some respect for the efforts that they're putting in. 

They want to play Championship Manager. For real. With my club. 

So nah, no respect from me. 

4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Aye, but once first dibs are over it’s getting sold 

how long do they get? 

Seriously though, I think we may need to concede that living within our means has to include leaving the Reebok, it’s just too expensive to run in League 1 

We certainly need to sell to meet our debt obligations 

And where are we going to play? Wigan? Bury?

All this living within our means etc. It’s too late for that. 

Its like a mob of local shop keepers trying to take over Debenhams now. Its all too late.

They couldn’t reduce the losses and turnover quick enough to make it a viable concern.

We need money and plenty of it. And even that isn’t enough. 

The ST will come in when it’s athletcio bolton in athy colls league. Then they’ll still have to find £100k a year to pay for stuff. 

Its fucked. 

Only money can save us, not a committee.  

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Those players were signed when Eddie was around for back up. 

How could we not sign any players? We got the cheapest we could possibly get. Imagine the outrage had we not assembled a squad. 

Of course we need to sign players, just within our means 

apparently we spend £600k a month on player wages, over £7m a year and we are losing £3m a year operationally 

Would we really notice much of a difference had Ken decided to spend £400k a month on wages instead? Perhaps we would have been on 22 points rather than 32 but we’d have a better chance of staying afloat if we paid the likes of HMRC what they are owed 

it doesn’t help that Ken has wasted good money on players the manager clearly doesn’t fancy, what’s that all about? 

Edited by birch-chorley

11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And where are we going to play? Wigan? Bury?

I don’t know, you find somewhere 

the alternative is finding another tennant to play at our place and off set the financial burden,Wigan rugby got a mention recently 

It’s a shit show I know but better than giving up forever surely 

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Tidy 12k stadium and £2 - £3 a pint around Leigh town centre, although we would have to mix in with the Lonsdale wearing trainer mob and the Rugby lot.

Can't ever see us leaving the Reebok, saying that Cov may have thought the same regarding the ricoh 

I actually think that if we do stay alive thats were we will end up. The reebok has been a gamble that just hasn't paid off if you live in a big house and can't pay the bills then you have to downsize. Wigan Rugby will probably end up with it. 

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Administration is an inevitability. If the ST then get their hands on it, liquidation maybe 12 - 18 months down the line is almost a certainty 

they have access to less money than KA currently has 

I'm not yet convinced admin is an inevitability. HMRC will push for liquidation. Unless someone comes forward prepared to fund admin and there is a clear buyer from admin - it could be straight to liquidation. A court will want to give the club every chance, but will only place into admin IF HMRC agree that there is a reasonable route to debt recovery. They don't just go the admin route by default. 

4 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Administration is an inevitability. If the ST then get their hands on it, liquidation maybe 12 - 18 months down the line is almost a certainty 

they have access to less money than KA currently has 

Couldn't agree more, just prolonging the agony. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Tidy 12k stadium and £2 - £3 a pint around Leigh town centre, although we would have to mix in with the Lonsdale wearing trainer mob and the Rugby lot.

Can't ever see us leaving the Reebok, saying that Cov may have thought the same regarding the ricoh 

Best put a match day bus on then😀

I am beginning to accept the reality of our position. Unless someone with serious money is willing to fund us indefinately we are finished. 

One day that stadium will be demolished. The lesson to football should be never build an out of town stadium again. 

Perhaps we can rise again and one day have a ground in Bolton.