Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

17 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

They aren’t, it was an example as to why the true debt figure changes the landscape, especially in the context of the past 2 weeks.

Yeah but they didn’t have Mario Jardel make an appearance for them in the cup once did they? Plant pot 

1 minute ago, wakey said:

apart from being a publicity seeking nutjob, what's your take on Bassini's role in this H? He's seeking clarification from EFL re potential points deductions (useful to know one way or the other for potential buyers) plus he could be the excuse for another delay next Wednesday (also useful). Can't see any way he's a credible potential owner, but ss he somebody's stooge / stalking horse?

Honestly, his issue isn’t the money, it’s where it’s coming from. I think some wealthy yet possibly naive people were led astray by his claims. There should also be a keen eye cast upon the young football ‘agent’ who accompanied LB on his ‘first day in office’

4 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Looking pretty grim for us wouldn’t you agree then?

Agree with Nixon that FV are serious contenders or has this new debt put them off too?

If FV were going to do it, it wouldn’t be through admin. Admin requires upfront funds, acquisition might not.

9 minutes ago, Howardroark said:
12 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I do notice Nixon now ‘breaking’ the story of how much ED Trustees are actually owed and how they have continually loaned the club funds on an unsecured basis....

What is your view on this £23M that he’s on about? Is it bankrolling or legacy or a combo? He seems quick to change his tune or at least reluctant ...

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

If FV were going to do it, it wouldn’t be through admin. Admin requires upfront funds, acquisition might not.

So the acquisition of a club with outstanding winding up petitions, lots of secured and unsecured debt might not require upfront funds. Utter rubbish.

5 minutes ago, Domcarey1 said:

Howard, as you seem closer to the detail than most,  what’s your gut feel about the outcome.  Do I prepare my 12 year old for the worst on the train to Nottingham on Sunday or do I maintain the ‘it’ll be reet’ stance ??

I think it’ll be ok, admin will atttact somebody, it’s just how they obtain the funds to buy from admin, I suspect Blu Marble 2.0

4 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

So the acquisition of a club with outstanding winding up petitions, lots of secured and unsecured debt might not require upfront funds. Utter rubbish.

No it will require less upfront, Irv. As in you are free to make deals with creditors to stagger payments, as opposed to admin where it’s all upfront.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They chose that game to strike to make a point. They’d of played it next week in my opinion as they’ve agreed to played the forest game.  

Taylor said if you go on strike you aren’t expected to make up the hours. That fecker had no intention       of playing. 

4 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

It’s bankrolling (unsecured) and a legacy obligation (secured), KA wants the same legacy deal and that puts a £30M hole in the profit obtained from PL status.

What is the secured ‘legacy’ bit? The £15M in  PL? More? ....

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

No it will require less upfront, Irv. As in you are free to make deals with creditors to stagger payments, as opposed to admin where it’s all upfront.

You'll find it easier stood on your hands. Don't believe the rubbish this person spouts. 

2 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

You'll find it easier stood on your hands. Don't believe the rubbish this person spouts. 

Reading through all your past comments I detect a concurrent theme of wanting to put people down. May I ask what you gain from it? 

Are you one of these chaps who enjoys seeing the world burn? Do you revel in misery? Are you ok?

2 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Yes and a percentage of sale value 

Nice one. If you now don’t have a dog in the fight hang around for a bit and help navigate the bullshit. A few pints in the BL post code are assured 👊🍻

3 minutes ago, Globetrotter said:

Nice one. If you now don’t have a dog in the fight hang around for a bit and help navigate the bullshit. A few pints in the BL post code are assured 👊🍻

Do they serve Cinzano in pint glasses?

That would be Howard's Big Sam pint of wine moment.

6 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Reading through all your past comments I detect a concurrent theme of wanting to put people down. May I ask what you gain from it? 

Are you one of these chaps who enjoys seeing the world burn? Do you revel in misery? Are you ok?

Welcome back Howard, irrespective of wether your info is good or bad you have been missed, may need a bit more patience with some on here who like me are hurting badly about this shit storm.

Just now, 1969 said:

Howard simple question to you

Is bassini talking bull over the signed contract and if he's not what is the probable outcome 

It’s his interpretation of it: 

Its like buying a house, providing you pay me ‘x’ amount I’ll transfer you the deeds. 

We have a contract for sale but until you complete your side, you don’t own the house. 

Now you may well put down a deposit to secure the rights to buy, but again that doesn’t make you the owner.

I suspect Bassini’s issue is that he’s confusing ‘exclusivity’ with ‘ownership’. He doesn’t think admin should be allowed because he’s paid some money (albeit to his own solicitor) as a first step to completion. 

Honestly I think he’s trying to get the EFL to approve him without the proof, he’s too obvious.

7 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Are you one of these chaps who enjoys seeing the world burn? Do you revel in misery? Are you 

Unfortunately I confuse being blunt with being rude. A bit on the spectrum. Self aware enough to admit this failing. Apologies to people I upset on here, and that will be a fair few. 

But you're still spouting. You're a wind up merchant, sadly people on here are clutching at straws. 

Howard you claim to be in the know - tell us, how much would administration cost? 

58 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Not necessarily Salford (although they are 2 wins from League 2) but there are a number of league clubs for sale that have zero debt (owner owed debt essentially) where £40M could go directly to improving the squad as opposed to simply clearing debts. 

Take for example Bury even, £6M debts paid off and £34M for players etc, with that investment would you expect them to be higher than BWFC in two years? That’s even without the potential points deductions. 

I know there’s the argument about infrastructure at BWFC and the sale/charge value of the acquired assets, but purely on numbers, the past 6 weeks have really changed the landscape.

There's also some brand left over from our premiership/ europe days, I travel internationally and have spoken in passing to people about football back home and a good number have heard of the club, no matter what you pump into Bury or Salford it'll be 15 years before you get a brand recognition. This has a certain value,. I remember reading that Everton make loads of money in Thailand from shirt sales due to their relationship with Chang.