Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

We have a losing mentality in the pitch so  I would not be too bothered if they all leave as well as the manager.Maybe try and keep oneill lowe oz and maybe the goalkeepers but that's it for me.

13 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

just goota ride it out thing will get better hopefully season after. just hope any new owner may be able to argue the points deduction for players not playing. if none of them are here plus  it wasnt his club then

Difficult to believe that failure to fulfil fixtures will go unpunished - in any league.

4 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Difficult to believe that failure to fulfil fixtures will go unpunished - in any league.

The mitigation is it was right at the end of the season with hardly any time to reshedule, the SAG not giving the licence being the cause, and the culpability of the EFL over the past few weeks. Get Hilary on it, it'll be reet.

5 minutes ago, Gonk said:

The mitigation is it was right at the end of the season with hardly any time to reshedule, the SAG not giving the licence being the cause, and the culpability of the EFL over the past few weeks. Get Hilary on it, it'll be reet.

hilery now thats a plan she will tear them a new ars hole

Clear the decks as much as possible. The club inc the playing staff is rotten and brow beaten to the core

PP has basically come out after the match and said there were players who refused to play.

”some lads have offers elsewhere and didn’t want to risk it” 

sorry you selfish bunch of cunts but whilst your contracted here, if the gaffer wants you, you turn out. Fucking arseholes the lot of em

they striked as they hadn’t been paid (but were guaranteed to get it through whichever means) the club will now be punished for that, club agree to fulfill the fixture and those twats say ‘nah, I don’t want to run that risk’ will fuck off somewhere nice and cosy next year and the rest have to deal with what they did

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Clear the decks as much as possible. The club inc the playing staff is rotten and brow beaten to the core

PP has basically come out after the match and said there were players who refused to play.

”some lads have offers elsewhere and didn’t want to risk it” 

sorry you selfish bunch of cunts but whilst your contracted here, if the gaffer wants you, you turn out. Fucking arseholes the lot of em

they striked as they hadn’t been paid (but were guaranteed to get it through whichever means) the club will now be punished for that, club agree to fulfill the fixture and those twats say ‘nah, I don’t want to run that risk’ will fuck off somewhere nice and cosy next year and the rest have to deal with what they did

As bad as our situation is I feel sorry for the poor mugs who sign those gutless excuses for professional footballers. 

To stand a chance of automatic promotion or a play off position, we'd probably need 30/35 wins and as few losses as possible. A very hard but not impossible task. It all depends what happens over the next few weeks. 

Just now, leadfrog1 said:

To stand a chance of automatic promotion or a play off position, we'd probably need 30/35 wins and as few losses as possible. A very hard but not impossible task. It all depends what happens over the next few weeks. Ps this is with a - 20 points deduction. 

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

As bad as our situation is I feel sorry for the poor mugs who sign those gutless excuses for professional footballers. 

Exactly my thoughts. Makes you wonder what character trait football clubs are looking for in terms of the players after they’ve been utter shithouses for us. I for one wouldn’t sign almost any of them. Only a couple can hold their heads up

There’s always clubs in a situation where they need freebies / free agents / squad fillers 

look at us for the past 3 years!! Majority of those wankers will be alright. They’ll still be taking a pay packet through football next season. 

Plus, any questions put to them about their performances & they’ll lay the blame firmly at the clubs feet and the recent goings on. It’s a get out of jail card for all of them 

2 hours ago, Eavesy said:

Sum of the parts init?

worse players but a competent manager. Maybe we’ll be better?

But same standard players and a competent manager has to be better than signing the likes of Thorpe, Trotter, Wilbraham, Keshi Anderson and hoping that Grayson or Warburton or whoever can perform miracles. Meanwhile the players we throw out with the bath water will be scoring against us for Rochdale or Gillingham.

2 hours ago, Blondi said:

For me, just players that have a heart and really want to play for us would be a start, most of this current lot, don't want to be here,  you could blame Anderson, blame Parkinson and his useless tactics and player recruitment, but just a bit of passion and pride wouldn't be a bad thing to gets fans back on board.

Partly blame Parkinson for that too. You are asking for players like Spearing, Little, ALF, Oz, Morais. Add those to Wheater, Lowe, Beevers and Matthews and you have a spine of good players with the right attitude. Why were most of them cast aside and replaced by the likes of Wildschut, Dyer, Doidge? 

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Partly blame Parkinson for that too. You are asking for players like Spearing, Little, ALF, Oz, Morais. Add those to Wheater, Lowe, Beevers and Matthews and you have a spine of good players with the right attitude. Why were most of them cast aside and replaced by the likes of Wildschut, Dyer, Doidge? 

Because the guys tactically inept as I've said afew times Messi wouldn't get into his team. 

Our midfield and defence are not too far from average in the championship based on their history but they play like they're league two players. That is down to parkinson. 

Remember when it was said that big Sam could make an average player great. Well parkinson seems to do the reverse. 

Go down that list of players johnnyrotten  mentions and look at each one realistically.

They're all league one players at best at this point in their careers and regardless of heart they wouldn't suddenly transform into something they aren't.

15 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The delusion of football fans never more apparent than in this thread. We have no confirmed ownership, will almost certainly have less than 7 contracted senior players by July, likely to face a serious points deduction, possibly a transfer embargo, potentially have to run the club on fumes if we even have a club at all....yet play off form is ‘entirely possible’.

There’s months and months of sorting out here before you even start with the football side. And that’s once an owner is in place.

we had about three players when we went down last time , and that were with pauper ken . and we finished second. 

no one is 100% sure it'll happen this time , but to rule it out when we have seen it happen 3 and a bit (?) years ago with our own eyes ? 

the whites are going up !