Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I don’t think it’s fair for you to publish Mr Gordon’s email address, he has only one obligation, and that is to his client. 

That being said, the issue for ED Trustee’s (Moonshift) is that by putting the club in to administration they expose themselves to significant risk of being personally responsible for some of the debt. Fraudulent trading (essentially taking funds/services with no clear intent to repay) removes the protection of LTD company status. 

Given that a significant portion of their outstanding balance is owed by KA (ICI) and not BWFC, there is no financial reasoning for them to force administration. 

Good afternoon Howard

Firstly his email address is in the public domain - i am just saving people the hastle of finding it here https://www.legal500.com/firms/3121/offices/444/lawyers/52213

Secondly the clock it ticking towards midnight and we might not have a football club to support if we all sit idly by and do nothing 

Thirdly there may indeed be no financial reasoning for them to force administration but given the fact that Eddie Davies was their client I would say morally at least they ought to .. 

Edited by Benny The Ball

2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Fair doesn't come into this, Bolton fans are the ones who have been dry bummed here... The only ones who will be there come what may. 

With respect, this family has written off £70M- £150M of debt, it isn’t they who have been bending you over.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

With respect, this family has written off £70M- £150M of debt, it isn’t they who have been bending you over.

Point taken H but whilst appreciating what ED did for our club desperate times call for desperate measures. 

2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Good afternoon Howard

Firstly his email address is in the public domain - i am just saving people the hastle of finding it here https://www.legal500.com/firms/3121/offices/444/lawyers/52213

Secondly the clock it ticking towards midnight and we might not have a football club to support if we all sit idly by and do nothing 

Thirdly there may indeed be no financial reasoning for them to force administration but given the fact that Eddie Davies was their client I would say morally at least they ought to .. 

That’s like suggesting the Kardashian’s should be paying the bills of OJ Simpson’s ex wife..... 

The waiving of £70M-£150M ended any moral or legal obligation that the Davies family have to the club, they have done enough and they shouldn’t be made to feel that they haven’t if they choose not to act in a certain manner. This isn’t their mess.

1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Point taken H but whilst appreciating what ED did for our club desperate times call for desperate measures. 

Then people should be supporting the ST share option, put your money where your mouths are.

Just now, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

We are desperate not fucking insane! 

Ah, so we are relying on the insanity of others? 

I’m not having a go, I just don’t like that it comes down to ED trustees yet again, they thought they were rid two years ago. 

In my opinion the person who stands head and shoulders above any other in respect of the blame game is Dean Holdsworth.

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

A pretty hard sell after burnden leisure I’d suspect

Yes 100%, although a new generation of fans brought up on crowd investing and such like. 

There’s also a number of former players who benefited from the ‘glory days’ along with a certain S.Allardyce.

5 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

That’s like suggesting the Kardashian’s should be paying the bills of OJ Simpson’s ex wife..... 

The waiving of £70M-£150M ended any moral or legal obligation that the Davies family have to the club, they have done enough and they shouldn’t be made to feel that they haven’t if they choose not to act in a certain manner. This isn’t their mess.

When you take ownership of a football club you have a moral obligation to ensure that you hold it on trust for the supporters of the club and when you pass it on to others to do likewise you have an obligation to ensure that such persons are fit and proper persons 

In that respect , taking all the millions Eddie put into this club aside for a moment  , he failed in his obligations to us the supporters and whether they like it or not the Davies family have a moral obligation to rectify that error , or otherwise to know that Eddie was instrumental in instigating its downfall and if it does go under sadly that will be the contribution to the history of BWFC for which he will be remembered 

That is why Keir Gordon should act 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

And he seems to think he's blameless

His delusion is the only reason that KA ended up with sole control of the club and frankly the reason why now the burden sits with ED Trustees again. 

It’s worse than the Villa miss.

15 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

To be fair, whatever they did, they knew they weren't getting that money back. Plus it was Eddie's and gartsides mismanagement which lead to that debt in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

When you take ownership of a football club you have a moral obligation to ensure that you hold it on trust for the supporters of the club and when you pass it on to others to do likewise you have an obligation to ensure that such persons are fit and proper persons 

In that respect , taking all the millions Eddie put into this club aside for a moment  , he failed in his obligations to us the supporters and whether they like it or not the Davies family have a moral obligation to rectify that error , or otherwise to know that Eddie was instrumental in instigating its downfall and if it does go under sadly that will be the contribution to the history of BWFC for which he will be remembered 

That is why Keir Gordon should act 

ED wasn’t responsible for passing Dean Holdsworth and KA as ‘Fit & Proper’. 

I would also say that their ‘moral obligation’ was used when ED saved the club from the BluMarble fiasco. Enough is enough and they shouldn’t be held accountable if they choose not to act.

5 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

His delusion is the only reason that KA ended up with sole control of the club and frankly the reason why now the burden sits with ED Trustees again. 

It’s worse than the Villa miss.

After reading the link below cannot agree it worse than villa situation was.we have only 20 million secured debt, in the grand scheme its bugger all in comparison to the Villa situation. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-story-behind-aston-villa-12655774

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, leadfrog1 said:

To be fair, whatever they did, they knew they weren't getting that money back. Plus it was Eddie's and gartsides mismanagement which lead to that debt in the first place. 

Some would argue that the debt accrued in that time provided fans with a decade of enjoyment beyond their wildest dreams, that this was a gift from one man cannot be overlooked.

4 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I would also say that their ‘moral obligation’ was used when ED saved the club from the BluMarble fiasco. Enough is enough and they shouldn’t be held accountable if they choose not to act.

Ok assuming that you have the 'moral ' high ground what happens next 

Dont hide behind a half baked ST plan please.

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

After reading the link below cannot agree it worse than villa situation was.we have only 20 million secured debt, in the grand scheme its bugger all in comparison to the Villa situation. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-story-behind-aston-villa-12655774

Oops that went further over the bar than Deano's shot.

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

Villa had saleable assets in players etc and no charges against fixed assets.

So you don’t think the Davies family will/should put the club in admin but you’re 100% that we won’t be liquidated.

It doesn’t leave us with many options other than Ken or HMRC putting us into admin. We know that Ken putting us into admin could mean Bassini causing a fuss and why would HMRC fund admin, doesn’t make financial sense?

so where’s the 0% chance of liquidated coming from? 

8 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I was not in using the words fit and proper referring to the EFL test - anyone it seems can pass that test ( well almost ) 

When ED loaned monies to KA in respect of the Blue Marble Fiasco , he did so by putting charges over the BWFC group companies and over ICI , so that in the event that KA defaulted on that loan he had a mechanism in place by which he could regain control of the club 

That was his doing reflecting his wishes 

Sadly he is no longer with us to speak for himself and those left behind to carry out his wishes have thus far let him and the club and its supporters down 

But judgement day is tomorrow 

Edited by Benny The Ball

1 minute ago, Benny The Ball said:

I was not in using the words fit and proper referring to the EFL test - anyone it seems can pass that test ( well almost ) 

When ED loaned monies in place to KA in respect of the Blue Marble Fiasco , he did so by putting charges over the BWFC group companies and over ICI , so that in the event that KA defaulted on that loan he had a mechanism in place by which he could regain control of the club 

That was his doing reflecting his wishes 

Sadly he is no longer with us to speak for himself and those left behind to carry out his wishes have thus far let him and the club and its supporters down 

But judgement day is tomorrow 

well said. dont think e davies would want the club to fold

• Site Supporter

I find it difficult to accept Ed's family have a great deal of responsibility now.

Whatever mistakes he may have/have not made is open to debate and we're a long time ago.

Moreover, the bloke was still funding ken when it wasn't his responsibility to so. 

Only a couple of people to look at now.

Hopefully, moonshift will do right by us, if only because ed would want us looked after.

One thing for sure, folk slagging ed off isn't going to help in this regard.