Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Surely nobody with any common sense really believed otherwise... 

There are some family funds and some commercial property, unfortunately they are mortgaged so couldn’t raise against.... not that he understands that particularly

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

And where would that leave us as a football club?

This from Iles.

Looks like Eddie Davies's family will press the admin button on Tuesday as KA (apparently) prevented from doing so as per a contract with Bassini. Hoped there will be a quick sale.

Was Bassini a plant by the family to ensure that they had some control of the process then? 

4 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

There are some family funds and some commercial property, unfortunately they are mortgaged so couldn’t raise against.... not that he understands that particularly

I have to say that if a guy who doesn't do DD and doesn't understand that mortgaged property can't be used as collateral really is out of the picture, we have dodged the village idiot.

Is it known whether or not the representatives of Moonshift/Davies family have been proactively contacting investors that had previously expressed an interest with a view to putting the case for buying out of administration and not having to deal with Anderson? It was rumoured that there have been several over the last couple of years.

Just now, Hoppy510 said:

I have to say that if a guy who doesn't do DD and doesn't understand that mortgaged property can't be used as collateral really is out of the picture, we have dodged the village idiot.

Is it known whether or not the representatives of Moonshift/Davies family have been proactively contacting investors that had previously expressed an interest with a view to putting the case for buying out of administration and not having to deal with Anderson? It was rumoured that there have been several over the last couple of years.

Yes they have, as have EFL

Is there nothing in the story Nixon did that furture ventures have joined forces with another group from the Middle East and that’s where the new cash could come from?

Also wasn’t there Americans who wanted to buy us from blumarble last year, are they not interested?

Finally are you still not working for any bidders?  

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s hope it’s not another adjournment. 

They can keep adjourning it indefinitely.

i expect one this week and another at the end of May - no one wants to push the button.

3 hours ago, Howardroark said:

His delusion is the only reason that KA ended up with sole control of the club and frankly the reason why now the burden sits with ED Trustees again. 

It’s worse than the Villa miss.

Nothing’s worse than the Villa miss, BWFC in first Wembley Final and would have been in last Wembley Final

39 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Nothing’s worse than the Villa miss, BWFC in first Wembley Final and would have been in last Wembley Final

Thats a big assumption, If Deano had scored we'd have been 1-0 up  against a better team with about 20 mins left i think? I would have expected Villa to equalise.

A few weeks later we were 2-0 up at home to Ipswich (Deano scoring one) in the play off first leg but only drew 2-2.

We weren't that good a team to assume going 1-0 up against Aston Villa meant we were certain to win

9 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Thats a big assumption, If Deano had scored we'd have been 1-0 up  against a better team with about 20 mins left i think? I would have expected Villa to equalise.

A few weeks later we were 2-0 up at home to Ipswich (Deano scoring one) in the play off first leg but only drew 2-2.

We weren't that good a team to assume going 1-0 up against Aston Villa meant we were certain to win

My recollection is of less than 20 min left more like 10 min .As far as they were the better team well they only had ten men & my memory was that it was quite even with Holdsworths miss the only real chance in the latter stages.

Edited by Take Hunt Off

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

My recollection is of less than 20 min left more like 10 min .As far as they were the better team well they only had ten men & my memory was that it was quite even with Holdsworths miss the only real chance in the latter stages.

Aye. We were the better team later on.

Whilst nothing is guaranteed, if that had gone in, we would have had a significantly better chance of winning.

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Whilst nothing is guaranteed, if that had gone in, we would have had a significantly better chance of winning.

It was easier to score, he did it deliberately, in a Line of Duty type plot so he could own BWFC for nothing in the future, .....but he failed

4 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Do you know anything about how that went and how wide the net was cast?

There’s a relatively small network of brokers used for these transactions, but how many were contacted outside of that I don’t know.

2 hours ago, Moon boy said:

That was Holdsworths fault as is introducing Anderson to our club

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

3 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I also thought it was significantly less than 20 minutes left. But Roger, you can argue all you like, scoring that goal would certainly have put us in a better position than not scoring it.