Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve never got the hatred of deano for missing that goal, the lad didn’t mean to miss it and I think he was a decent servant to BWFC. 

He was a striker. He was expected to score from that position. He didn't. He's a cunt.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I also thought it was significantly less than 20 minutes left. But Roger, you can argue all you like, scoring that goal would certainly have put us in a better position than not scoring it.

How Dean Holdsworth, having just seen a free-kick hit a post, managed to waft the ball over an empty net after David James had left his line in the second period of extra-time only the Bolton striker knew.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Sorry don’t get that point of view, every striker misses that type of chance. 

They do indeed but it was a bloody high profile game to pick to choose to be "only human". It probably didn't help that it was right in front of us so we could all see that he would have scored it more often than he missed it.

Bolton striker Dean Holdsworth had a moment that every goal-getter dreads and one that left him wishing the Wembley turf would open up and swallow him.

With just ten minutes of extra time remaining and their ten-man opponents on the ropes, Eidur Gudjohnsen rolled the ball into Holdsworth’s path eight yards out. With Villa goalkeeper David James nowhere to be seen and Trotters supporters poised to celebrate, Holdsworth incredibly smashed his effort over the open goal.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/april-2nd-2000---fa-123004

22 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Bolton striker Dean Holdsworth had a moment that every goal-getter dreads and one that left him wishing the Wembley turf would open up and swallow him.

With just ten minutes of extra time remaining and their ten-man opponents on the ropes, Eidur Gudjohnsen rolled the ball into Holdsworth’s path eight yards out. With Villa goalkeeper David James nowhere to be seen and Trotters supporters poised to celebrate, Holdsworth incredibly smashed his effort over the open goal.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/april-2nd-2000---fa-123004

I’ve never forgiven Holdsworth for that 

how much did he owe his bookies at that time ??????

12 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Thats a big assumption, If Deano had scored we'd have been 1-0 up  against a better team with about 20 mins left i think? I would have expected Villa to equalise.

A few weeks later we were 2-0 up at home to Ipswich (Deano scoring one) in the play off first leg but only drew 2-2.

We weren't that good a team to assume going 1-0 up against Aston Villa meant we were certain to win

Where you even there? Actually id be surprised if you were even born then with the claptrap you come out with

No genuine Wanderer wants to talk about that ever but especially now. He robbed us of an extra special FA Cup Final appearance the useless cockney twat that's all need to know

14 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Thats a big assumption, If Deano had scored we'd have been 1-0 up  against a better team with about 20 mins left i think? I would have expected Villa to equalise.

A few weeks later we were 2-0 up at home to Ipswich (Deano scoring one) in the play off first leg but only drew 2-2.

We weren't that good a team to assume going 1-0 up against Aston Villa meant we were certain to win

There were 10 minutes left, Villa were down to 10 men and we'd have won the game. It had 1-0 written all over it either way. 

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

There were 10 minutes left, Villa were down to 10 men and we'd have won the game. It had 1-0 written all over it either way. 

I had it in my head that it was next goal wins. Golden goal tackle. By Christ I've got a bad memory! :)

22 minutes ago, Gaz Nt said:

I've been away for a week and not been on so sorry if this has already been mentioned but has @Howardroark been on here in the last week regards his investors possibly raising their head again now Bassini's ruled out? 

His investors will not buy the club out of administration - Sharia Law prohibits it apparently 

On 03/04/2019 at 13:52, hughmungus said:

Just watched the LoV on twitter and he says we have 28 days plus 7 which takes it to first week in May. Is it possible that we will make it through the season somehow and then the takeover drags on all through the close season and we find ourselves with no players come pre season.

Seems my tongue in cheek prediction may not have been far off the mark.