Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

14 minutes ago, Blondi said:

BOLTON. Don’t want to raise hopes. But people trying to do a deal without admin. Have to say Bassini central to this. And other people willing to pay High Court bill if it goes to that point. Davies money and what side James on central to this ... a few twists yet.

I know a lot of people on here don’t like Nixon, but at least something appears to be moving 

Think if Nixon is right that sounds worse for us & it's going to the courts tomorrow. It's not raising my hopes up anyway! Having Bassini central to anything is a load of shit, all hopes and promises but delivered nothing.. 

55 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

ST setting up a crowdfunding page sometime today with the aim of assisting legal procedures etc associated with administration.

25k target.

£25k?

Small change to their high net worth backers, surely?

7 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

If Bassini is borrowing the money I'd put money on us being back in this same situation in 2/3 years time still stuck to the foot of the championship or in league 1.

I’d think many fans would hesitate to buy Season tickets should bassini gain control by lending money, now if he’s a front for someone who’s going to invest money then all well and good. 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d think many fans would hesitate to buy Season tickets should bassini gain control by lending money, now if he’s a front for someone who’s going to invest money then all well and good. 

Yes agree, think I would need to know who and how they are funding the club and what the plans where before chucking another couple of grand at them next season. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

ST setting up a crowdfunding page sometime today with the aim of assisting legal procedures etc associated with administration.

25k target.

Why do they need to crowdfund? I thought they had 60k+ in their (the st members account) already?

The page has raised 3.5k raised so far though https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/bwfc-supporterstrust

Edited by burnden

Just now, Spider said:

5Live reporting Bassini has pulled out.

Howard did say...

At times, as terrible as he's looked as a proposition, it was better than an alternative of liquidation. However, if there are alternatives, helmed by credible people with credible plans then I really hope Bassini is out of the picture. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, burnden said:

Why do they need to crowdfund? I thought they had 60k+ in their (the st members account) already?

The page has raised 3.5k raised so far though https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/bwfc-supporterstrust

I wonder if the funders will get their money back, when this comes to nothing?

44 minutes ago, Traf said:

£25k?

Small change to their high net worth backers, surely?

Down the back of their Chesterfield 

41 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I just want to live to fight another day . Bassini or no Bassini.

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:47, Offshore said:

Try hewing coal all day fella. Then you know you've done a days work. Sitting in front of a computer my arse. 'Oow my eyes are so tired'..............

Apologies, I didn't explain myself very well. I wasn't suggesting sitting in front of a computer is difficult or hard work. My point is that's it's pretty boring! I was trying to suggest that whilst most people wouldn't turn in to work if not  paid, be it an office job or a heavy manual job, playing football is something many of us do / did for fun and paid for the privilege.  Consequentially, asking the players to play a couple of games of football (for the fans benefit), in my view, is different than expecting people in many other types of work carrying on unpaid. 

1 minute ago, kobeer said:

Apologies, I didn't explain myself very well. I wasn't suggesting sitting in front of a computer is difficult or hard work. My point is that's it's pretty boring! I was trying to suggest that whilst most people wouldn't turn in to work if not  paid, be it an office job or a heavy manual job, playing football is something many of us do / did for fun and paid for the privilege.  Consequentially, asking the players to play a couple of games of football (for the fans benefit), in my view, is different than expecting people in many other types of work carrying on unpaid. 

The players know full well they'll get paid their wages eventually no matter what.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Blondi said:

BOLTON. Don’t want to raise hopes. But people trying to do a deal without admin. Have to say Bassini central to this. And other people willing to pay High Court bill if it goes to that point. Davies money and what side James on central to this ... a few twists yet.

sounds like kenneth is playing games and will; ask for another adjournment in the morning

Bassini won’t be able to buy If administration occurs as typically an administrator won’t accept loaned funds as payment, likewise EFL won’t approve if it’s majority from 3rd party loans.

My guess is that he’s trying to achieve a leveraged buyout and is doing the rounds of the sub-prime market. 

The biggest indicator of how ‘Close’ he is would be that he doesn’t even have a vehicle in place (LTD company) to acquire the shares of Burnden Leisure unless it’s via a Scottish partnership.....or through his restaurant.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, burnden said:

I'm am an ST member; unfortunately I have NO faith in the current crew, but have chucked my bit in the rattle tin as it's about all I can do as a supporter to help or influence.

Pissing in the wind?

Christ this is tearing chunks out of me/us. Highs & lows of having a Bolton background.

R.

3 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

From what I hear there won’t be administration tomorrow, but will probably be something called a ‘notice of intent to appoint administrators’. 

This would suspend the court action for 10 days without triggering administration 

https://www.begbies-traynorgroup.com/articles/insolvency/what-is-a-notice-of-intent

How would that help the club? as further delaying things hinders all preparations for next season.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

From what I hear there won’t be administration tomorrow, but will probably be something called a ‘notice of intent to appoint administrators’. 

This would suspend the court action for 10 days without triggering administration 

https://www.begbies-traynorgroup.com/articles/insolvency/what-is-a-notice-of-intent

Going to be a long summer.