Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Blondi said:

Speaking from experience, very much doubt they will want to pay over the odds for a club on its knees, this doesn't mean they won't be decent owners though.

According to Nixon (I know) it would also save them around £28m. 

No matter what money comes in, we ain’t gonna be prepared properly for next season. We are in a real mess. Save the money, stabilise for 12 months then give it a go

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

What's point then? Lose your identity and what's next, move it to another town? Well they weren't arsed when we changed their heritage and our surveys show we'd make more money in x place than Bolton so we'll shift it all. Fuck that.

Indeed. Might as well just convince yourself we were already taken over by rich Arabs who changed our name to 'Manchester City'.

Surely nobody still here is in this for the glory?

3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Mark Taylor looks like a reanimated corpse

Maybe but he has had enough personal trauma recently to think he has better things to do than blag some pretend sale. 

9 minutes ago, HR said:

Maybe but he has had enough personal trauma recently to think he has better things to do than blag some pretend sale. 

Like what? 

Not sure wanderersways keeps a tab on previous Head of sports science given its a job we surely fucked off in 2012.

4 hours ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Thank you very much for such a detailed answer. It's reassured me in a funny way as I worried when I asked the question that I was simply being dim in still not being sure what had happened, but reading your account I feel better as I'll bet I'm not the only one that hadn't followed all of this. 

I'm going to read this again now, sit down in a darkened room and see if I've got it fully worked out but until then thanks again. 

You're welcome mate.

I don't think I've nailed it but no one else seems to have added to, or taken away from what I wrote, so I guess it's the best explanation of things we have for now.

A couple of the things that did surprise me when trying to compose and research the answer was the time-line of events seems to contradict everybody's assumption (mine too up to then) that the £5m that Eddie gave to Mr Anderson was the same that he put into the club, then the club paying off BM.

The time-line clearly shows the BM was settled BEFORE KA paid £5m into BWFC!

Did he really put £5m of his own money into the club (which is still there!) or was there some sort procedural process that explains the out of sequence of BM  being paid before the club received Ken's £5m?

The other thing was the shortfall of £13m that needed to be addressed this season between income and expenditure.

Hardly surprising then if that really was/is the case that no one's been paid really.

Anyway all this will soon be forgotten as we are now in the year of the Pig and just waiting to be renamed Bolton Red Dragons, playing out of the Bird Nest Stadium, Horwich.

Chiang Kai-shek for now!

Christ there's a lot of casual racism on here. How insecure, uninformed and inbred do you have to be to have a go at our potential saviours when we're staring into the abyss?

What's the difference between a Wanderers fan and a baby? The baby will stop whining after a while.

Sort it out FFS. We're Bolton Wanderers not UKIP.

2 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Christ there's a lot of casual racism on here. How insecure, uninformed and inbred do you have to be to have a go at our potential saviours when we're staring into the abyss?

What's the difference between a Wanderers fan and a baby? The baby will stop whining after a while.

Had few too many and hit the keyboard 

5 minutes ago, Big E said:

Where do people stand on human rights abuse in China?  I don't want folk struggling to attend games due to a conflict with their beliefs / principles

Half our lot wear gear cobbled together in a sweatshop by a blind 6 year old anyway by the look of em. They’ll be reet

5 minutes ago, Big E said:

Where do people stand on human rights abuse in China?  I don't want folk struggling to attend games due to a conflict with their beliefs / principles

Anyone who watched us last season can't give a toss about human rights abuse surely?!

4 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Put your tackle back in the car and move on.

Its called humour , a fantastic thing from the 50's 60's 70's 80's and 90's.

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Like what? 

Not sure wanderersways keeps a tab on previous Head of sports science given its a job we surely fucked off in 2012.

His ex was killed in the Manchester bombings if I remember rightly

7 hours ago, Sluffy said:

You're welcome mate.

I don't think I've nailed it but no one else seems to have added to, or taken away from what I wrote, so I guess it's the best explanation of things we have for now.

A couple of the things that did surprise me when trying to compose and research the answer was the time-line of events seems to contradict everybody's assumption (mine too up to then) that the £5m that Eddie gave to Mr Anderson was the same that he put into the club, then the club paying off BM.

Did he really put £5m of his own money into the club (which is still there!) or was there some sort procedural process that explains the out of sequence of BM  being paid before the club received Ken's £5m?

The other thing was the shortfall of £13m that needed to be addressed this season between income and expenditure.

Hardly surprising then if that really was/is the case that no one's been paid really.

Anyway all this will soon be forgotten as we are now in the year of the Pig and just waiting to be renamed Bolton Red Dragons, playing out of the Bird Nest Stadium, Horwich.

Chiang Kai-shek for now!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

The current Bolton owner and chairman has confirmed cash – known to total £5million - was personally borrowed from Davies, then loaned on to the club to repay a debt owed to Essex-based finance firm BluMarble.

No amount of afternoons spent on Companies House are going to prove that, actually, Ken was in the right all along. Give it up.

Edited by Tombwfc

6 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Fun Police alert

8 hours ago, Sluffy said:

You're welcome mate.

A couple of the things that did surprise me whe/8*96+

n trying to compose and research the answer was the time-line of events seems to contradict everybody's assumption (mine too up to then) that the £5m that Eddie gave to Mr Anderson was the same that he put into the club, then the club paying off BM.

Chiang Kai-shek for now!

You're confusing the date the charge was registered with the date the cash moved and coming to entirely the wrong conclusion Sluffy.

As for the £13m shortfall, read the quote you used. At that point £13m included c£5m to BM plus loans from BW and PBP plus other creditors all due in the next year ... plus losses.

There's an irony in using a second hand quote from Mark Iles as evidence to support Ken even if you'd used it accurately.

Ken's history, let's all move on instead of rehashing the same old debates ... clean slates and all that. (will save you a chunk of time on companies house as well :))

18 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Ramen is Japanese

According to the record of the Yokohama Ramen Museum, ramen originated in China and made its way over to Japan in 1859.

So there!

Edited by Boo