Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Sit tight and hope for the best.

Administrators haven’t been shy with their updates. I’m sure they’ll keep us all in the loop sometime next week.

If nothing’s been said by next Friday, the meltdown will be unreal.

38 minutes ago, Traf said:

Please can we just wait and stop making shit up?

Why on earth would some people (on here) want to stop making shit up?

Instant news innit? The twitteratifuckmongs

Ignore them mate. They'll leave when it's done and dusted

1 hour ago, RatchetMan said:

I have it on good authority that they don’t have the required funds to maintain the club for two years, as previously thought. Desperately searching for backing, be hearing a lot of ridiculous links such as the Dirk Kuyt one

Can you tell us who/what is this good authority ? 

I had another quick listen to part of that ST meeting this morning.

I didn't get too far into it but it was plain from the outset that the ST were setting out their stall not just to vilify KA, but also to try to discredit Eddie Davies, Michael James, Brett Warburton, and ED's legal and professional representatives.

Rigsby was first in to bat. When early on he said that  'the roots go back well over three years', I couldn't help but  wonder if he had his roots done every week. A man of his age has no right to have hair that colour without artificial intervention.

You'd never know that Rigsby was from Bowton by listening to him, so successful has he  been in discarding any posssible aural connection with his home town up North. Maybe it goes down well in courts where barristers, as it were, make a comfortable living out of demonstrating that black is white or visa verse or that the innocent are guilty or the guilty innocent.

In this case though I actually think that Rigsby, and a significant section of 'his court', actually believed the half-baked delusions and selective claptrap that the ST chairman seems to believe. Such a pity that there was no Cousin Vinny to counter and to explain some basic commercial realities to the ST's figurehead and followers

I didn't get as far as Simple Simon's comments on 'white knight' Michael James. I'm not sure I'll bother.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

This is where I am at I don't give a shit about speculation or about what the press have to say or the ST I will wait until we have final clarification about who as bought us and then I will fully support them.

Wanderers till I die! 

Oh and off to the lakes to get pissed! 

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Such a pity that there was no Cousin Vinny to counter and to explain some basic commercial realities to the ST's figurehead and followers.

They were sticking the boot into the EFL and I asked a question about what kind of controls they'd like the EFL to bring in to prevent these situations, especially given that there was no queue to buy us at the time. Rigby just pooh poohed it.

I'd suggest anybody offering such explanations or asking challenging questions would likely have been met with a similar response.

It's a shame but I think that is just the way it is. Rigby is a barrister FFS in theory he should be capable of giving a proper response, not just shutting  down the conversation. Think it says more about how they view their fellow supporters than anything else. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

38 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

They were sticking the boot into the EFL and I asked a question about what kind of controls they'd like the EFL to bring in to prevent these situations, especially given that there was no queue to buy us at the time. Rigby just pooh poohed it.

I'd suggest anybody offering such explanations or asking challenging questions would likely have been met with a similar response.

It's a shame but I think that is just the way it is. Rigby is a barrister FFS in theory he should be capable of giving a proper response, not just shutting  down the conversation. Think it says more about how they view their fellow supporters than anything else

What they have failed to grasp from day one is that the organisation is in affect a 'public' body and not a 'private' business or club.  You can't act and behave that you can do what you want in the public domain as perhaps you can to some extent in your own private company.

The ST purports that they are there to represent the fans of the club this is their opening statement about themselves on their own website -

"The Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust is a democratic, not for profit organisation of supporters, committed to strengthening the voice of supporters in the decision making process at the club, and strengthening the links between the club and the community it serves".

https://www.bwfcst.co.uk/

Yet the following dialogue taken from their own Facebook site and from one of the two founders of the ST and Board Member, Mike Smith from just three days ago abundantly shows how they view themselves -

Trevor Barber Is there no update from the solicitor the trust employed?

Michael Smith As soon as you become a member Trevor. I'm sure you'll be one of the first to know...

Derek Boardman The Trust is supposed to be looking after the interests of ALL Bolton supporters not just those who are paid up members of the Trust. Hence your comment Michael is insulting to any true Wanderer.

Michael Smith Why is me informing a non-trust member (who by the way is not only derogatory, but often libelous [sic] against ST Board members) that one of the advantages of being a full member is you get early access to trust business insulting to any true supporter... ???

Derek Boardman Michael Smith surely the Trust isn't supposed to be a private Club, and don't you exist to pride a link to the Club for all supporters not just your members. Hence in my humble opinion you should be providing all supporters with the same information at the same time.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBWFCST/

Seemed to be a fair and reasonable question to be asked?  After all something like £18k of donations were raised and I suggest a large portion of the donations were contributed by non trust members - maybe Mr Barber who asked the question even donated himself?

They clearly run it as their little fiefdom rather than as a community body intending on bring the fans and the club together.

Should be obvious to all by now surely?

They certainly don't speak for me (do they speak for you?) and does anyone truly believe they've strengthened the links between the club and the community since they were created - and that by their own Mission Statement is what their only two reasons for being in existence are for!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

stick to walking your dog on the beach Kev  

like with so many other tweets, and posts on here, you can split this up into two parts.

the bit people will ignore or fail to mention:
Obviously I do not know all the facts but it looks like 

the bit people will read, believe and propagate:
Mr James saw an opportunity to make money from the club when it was in turmoil by doing a deal with his good mate Mr Gartside for the offices/car park on prime retail land knowing the Middlebrook owner was also interested

32 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

What they have failed to grasp from day one is that the organisation is in affect a 'public' body and not a 'private' business or club.  You can't act and behave that you can do what you want in the public domain as perhaps you can to some extent in your own private company.

The ST purports that they are there to represent the fans of the club this is their opening statement about themselves on their own website -

"The Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust is a democratic, not for profit organisation of supporters, committed to strengthening the voice of supporters in the decision making process at the club, and strengthening the links between the club and the community it serves".

They are what they are, pointless wasting your energy thinking about them.

They are only interested 'Down with this sort of thing' and pipe dreams of fan ownership.

Thankfully they are completely irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

It's a shame but I think that is just the way it is. Rigby is a barrister FFS in theory he should be capable of giving a proper response, not just shutting  down the conversation. Think it says more about how they view their fellow supporters than anything else. 

Well done RRF. Lets face it, Rigsby's testimony was as watertight as the leakiest bucket in Bolton (and beyond). According to him, Holdsworth ended up payng £1m in fees for a short term facility with exhorbitant interest charges.  No mention of why anyone in their right mind would do that, where the money came from or who it went to. No mention of how much Holdsworth cost the club. No mention of how KA managed to turn round a useless short-term facility with exhorbitant charges into a two and a half year facility at an interest rate of c. 4%.

He said the ST were in receipt of confidential information but they had never seen any white knight and hadn't a clue whether KA had put money in or not?

He said that the hotel was 'an important cash stream', even though the audited accounts say its been  losing half a million quid a year.

As for SKD, he claimed the club had lost its soul when the truth was the club was on its uppers after years of keeping him, and a great many others, in the manner to which they had become accustomed, thanks to years of largesse from one Eddie Davies.

Sorry SKD, engage brain before tweeting or better still don't tweet at all.

Edited by Chris Custodiet