Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

What are the chances of picking up a player of the quality of Jay Jay or Youri on a free transfer in the current era? Nil?

I reckon less clubs allow contracts to run down these days, Ramsey at arsenal is only surprise one I can think of

PSG spent £14m okocha On a 4 year deal, so who knows why they let it run down given he was only 29 when we signed him

Djorkaeff was 34 and banished to kaislaurten reserves when we signed him so wasn't going to command much of a fee

Ibrahimovic was 34 and free as well when he signed for utd on a free

• Members
13 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Apart from the fact that ED was ready to bankroll the huge (by the standards of the day) salaries required to bring in these top players Allardyce was lucky enough to come in at a time when quality players like these weren't valued. Players were generally thought to be past it at 30 but that would never happen these days. What are the chances of picking up a player of the quality of Jay Jay or Youri on a free transfer in the current era? Nil?

What he saved in transfer fees he spent on wages and he had the backing to do it which was a great (albeit short term) strategy but but everything has changed since then, so using what happened in the uniquely aligned fortunate circumstances of back then as a justification to suggest he'd be any use to us now?

There are no top players on free transfers available, there is no money to cover the sort of wages they'd expect even if they were available. As I said, Allardyce was the right guy in the right place at the right time - a time which has now long since passed.

I'm glad he was here to continue the building work done by Rioch and Todd, but we really do have to move on from Allardyce.

You'll be happy to hear that I am moving on from you.

I can't waste time debating with someone who states that he/she/it believes that "Allardyce was lucky".

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, masi 51 said:

12 month rolling contract between him and Anderson.

Do not know how this stands under Tupe..

if what you are referring to is a "gentlemans agreement", i am pretty sure there would be no "anderson" deal in this. all contracts would be within the club. therefore tupe stands.

33 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

if what you are referring to is a "gentlemans agreement", i am pretty sure there would be no "anderson" deal in this. all contracts would be within the club. therefore tupe stands.

I predict that your gonna land a 5000 word reply from sluffy 

9 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

How on earth does anyone know how much money they have or haven’t got? Worse than twitter this. Give em a chance. These are complex deals. And if they come in and stabilise us I think everyone will take that. Pay bills on time. Let us focus on football. That’ll do. 

I know, just getting really frustrated with it all now like everyone else. Stupid message really 🤔

10 hours ago, Sluffy said:

A lovely definition of a mobile phone or utilities contract not a 12 month rolling employment contract... which will run for 12 months annually from a given date, probably 1st July to 30th June, not daily, there will be a point in time to give notice from either side so that it ends with no financial impact... unless KA is more inept than we think, or at least I think 

10 minutes ago, DLH said:

A lovely definition of a mobile phone or utilities contract not a 12 month rolling employment contract... which will run for 12 months annually from a given date, probably 1st July to 30th June, not daily, there will be a point in time to give notice from either side so that it ends with no financial impact... unless KA is more inept than we think, or at least I think 

From what has been described it is simply a permanent contract with a 12 months notice period. It will haves been cheaper than giving him a 3 or 4 year deal since you could end up having to pay 2/3 years of that. 

10 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

From what has been described it is simply a permanent contract with a 12 months notice period. It will haves been cheaper than giving him a 3 or 4 year deal since you could end up having to pay 2/3 years of that. 

A lifetime contract...

Longer than anything given in English football before...

For Parkinson....

by KA....

no media coverage over such a historical contract... 

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

He woke up today and is contracted for 365 days. He wakes up tomorrow and still has a contract for 365 days. So on and so forth

not sure what’s difficult to understand 

Because that’s not how a 12 month rolling employment contract works... you are employed 1 July  17 to 30 June 18 (for example), then at a point in time another 12 months is triggered to cover 1 July 18 to 30 June 19... when’s that point in time?  Key for bin or not bin decisions and £’s compensation.... 

A 12 month rolling contract is a continuous contract without an end date or termination date. The termination date is triggered by giving 12 months notice, by either party, and can be, as in most cases be paid in lieu of.

Gardening leave is also possible, where as the person is still employed and paid by the company, but is not allowed to work or contact any other employer for the duration of his contract, such as in the case of Megson.

Edited by lowcarbon

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I can't waste time debating with someone who states that he/she/it believes that "Allardyce was lucky".

It wrote that he was in the right place at the right time so I guess that is lucky. Can't have been as lucky as Rioch or Todd who both had a higher win ration then him on a fraction of the budget though.

18 minutes ago, DLH said:

Because that’s not how a 12 month rolling employment contract works... you are employed 1 July  17 to 30 June 18 (for example), then at a point in time another 12 months is triggered to cover 1 July 18 to 30 June 19... when’s that point in time?  Key for bin or not bin decisions and £’s compensation.... 

No it isn’t..

a 12 month Rolling contract only ends when one of the following occurs:

The manager is sacked - he is then due 12 months compensation or paid while on gardening leave for 12 months.

Or, he leaves to join another club and compensation is paid by his new employer to his old club for the termination of his 12 months contract.

Or, he resigns and must settle his own 12 month contract with his club.

46 minutes ago, DLH said:

There is no 'point in time'. 

What you're describing is just a 12 month contract. Why are you struggling with then term 'rolling'?

It surprises me in all this that Parkinson still wants to be around and has not had any other offers.

In an ideal world we would get someone new in but if finances dictate we start the season with him then so be it and I for one will still be renewing.

If all I've got to moan about is Parkinson's tactics then that will be a nice change compared the 1000s of other non football issues we have had to contend with.  

24 minutes ago, DazBob said:

There is no 'point in time'. 

What you're describing is just a 12 month contract. Why are you struggling with then term 'rolling'?

No I’m not. 

I am saying is that the 12 months automatically ‘rolls’ into another 12 months at a given point in time, and that’s not a daily occurrence.

There maybe clauses that say if you sack the individual they are entitled to 12 months pay, but you will also be able to get out for free... with enough time.... for both parties. 

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely you can serve notice to terminate without having to sack him? 

I.e Have him work the 52 weeks 

Exactly and I doubt it would be 12 months... chances are that window went pre admin and he has 12 months.

I’d imagine that it would be 3 or 6 months notice to work out the remaining time on the contract.

36 minutes ago, DLH said:

No I’m not. 

I am saying is that the 12 months automatically ‘rolls’ into another 12 months at a given point in time, and that’s not a daily occurrence.

There maybe clauses that say if you sack the individual they are entitled to 12 months pay, but you will also be able to get out for free... with enough time.... for both parties. 

I think the idea is that it does renew on a daily ( or probably monthly basis). So the contract has 12 months to run at any point. 

44 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely you can serve notice to terminate without having to sack him? 

I.e Have him work the 52 weeks 

Yes you can.

Both sides can.

The point is he has to work (or put on gardening leave) and be paid for another further 52 weeks.

On 05/07/2019 at 07:54, Mounts Kipper said:

It would not surprise me, the Andersons still sticking knife in BWFC after they’ve left the building, also see LA involvement in the Matthews to palace, these 2 really are lowlife scum. 

Where's this from?

Last I heard, LA wasn't a licensed agent anymore and RM was represented by World In Motion, a reputable FIFA licensed agency.

44 minutes ago, DLH said:

Exactly and I doubt it would be 12 months... chances are that window went pre admin and he has 12 months.

I’d imagine that it would be 3 or 6 months notice to work out the remaining time on the contract.

You imagine wrongly then.

In contracts of employment either party can give notice to terminate at any point (as per the notice period stated in the contract) but the notice period in rolling contracts are set as the same length as that of the contract. (for example a 6 months rolling contract - 6 months notice period, or a 2 year rolling contract - 2 year notice period).

So even if you had a yearly performance review - and both sides even amicably decided to terminate the contract, it still has a further year to run in the case of Phil Parkinson's contract.

No doubt the employer could pay up the 52 weeks before the year is out (or come to some agreeable deferment) but the bottom line is that the employee/Parkinson will receive a years pay from the time he receives notice to terminate from his employer/BWFC.