Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 hours ago, ricktrotter said:

Never mind about all that at the big top. All you need to know is Buffooni is ready and waiting with a big fat cheque book .

Enjoy 🍻

Bollocks to that. Have you been round and fed the fish? 

(BTW They don't need feeding!) 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

My prediction is a big day tomorrow 

Marc Iles said administrators had told him they were looking at completion for Wednesday, so hopefully. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

What's with the personal abuse? Are you 13?  Nice to see you use a big word like Corbynite in a previous post. Did you copy that off Bolty58 or did he pinch it from you? Do you even know what it means? Can do better.

Big Sam was punished by the FA. They gave the England job to Steve McLaren ahead of him in 2006. The mud stuck.

Earlier, you suggested BSA took money out of the club that he wasn't entitled to. That's quite a personal attack, particularly without evidence.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

What's with the personal abuse? Are you 13?  Nice to see you use a big word like Corbynite in a previous post. Did you copy that off Bolty58 or did he pinch it from you? Do you even know what it means? Can do better.

Big Sam was punished by the FA. They gave the England job to Steve McLaren ahead of him in 2006. The mud stuck.

McLaren got the job before Panorama was aired 

You never know what to believe but there are apparently plenty of pros looking for clubs and thinking we might be the solution to their problem.

I've flipped backed to positive mode and think that there's a real and positive chance that PP will take us to the play offs and become the greatest lower league manager of all time.

24 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

You never know what to believe but there are apparently plenty of pros looking for clubs and thinking we might be the solution to their problem.

I've flipped backed to positive mode and think that there's a real and positive chance that PP will take us to the play offs and become the greatest lower league manager of all time.

And then you woke up.

2 hours ago, DazBob said:

You're going to get drunk if he goes to Norwich?

Well I'll probably do that anyway given that it's likely to be a day ending in "day". Concern is genuine though. Lots of Wanderers fans surging with the optimism of us fielding a "not bad team" in a friendly, but somewhere in the back of my mind the words "shop window" is lurking. Just wondering how many of them will jump ship given the opportunity, but a lot will depend on the takeover and, presuming it goes through, how quickly the new owners will act and what they're looking for/willing to offer.

What was encouraging though is that the youngsters blended with the senior pros and collectively played like a team. Whether it's a L1 standard team is up for debate, but at least there are some signs of encouragement rising to the surface of the sea of despair.

12 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I wouldn’t read too much into the line-up, just wantaway players keeping their fitness levels up. One whiff of a deal elsewhere and the rats will be off before the inks dry.

12 hours ago, Cheese said:

If you hadn't been paid for 5 months and someone else offered you a job, would you turn it down? 

I don’t imagine anyone would offer me a job if i’d performed totally shit in the 9 months prior to getting paid.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Can someone explain, but do the administrators suggest voluntarily dissolving the company in point 13? I presume that option is not on the table anymore, with the hopeful impending purchase.

39 minutes ago, Matty said:

Can someone explain, but do the administrators suggest voluntarily dissolving the company in point 13? I presume that option is not on the table anymore, with the hopeful impending purchase.

That is the recommendation, but to be clear, that is the proposal AFTER the club has been sold (i.e. what they will do with the company after its assets have been sold to FV).

Edited by Jol_BWFC

4 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

That is the recommendation, but to be clear, that is the proposal AFTER the club has been sold (i.e. what they will do with the company after its assets have been sold to FV).

Thank you for clarifying. 

Appears to confirm that KA may be the delay in this as he obviously wants the £7.5 million he thinks he is owed even though records show its £1.5mil

And the £30k for the football consultants pm, have they not spoken to players for that amount ?

Edited by hughmungus

4 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Hope the money we gave him was no way near 7.5 million. Ridiculous he's wanted £6 million more than what the records provide he was owed. 

It’s not that simple. There is a cross claim across club and hotel. Neither admins could determine what he was owed on the basis it was split across the two. His claim on the hotel side has been the hold up. I cannot imagine he’s walking away with a penny less than what he believes he is owed across the two deals. Why would he?