Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

24 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The hotel will make money and has done. Which will likely offset some of the football club losses. If you run the club well maximise commercial opportunities to offset losses with good management and a bit of investment over 4-5 years you could have a club ready to challenge for top half of the championship ready for a rich buyer looking to get a potential premiership club on the cheap. That has to be the business model. 

This 100%

45 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The hotel will make money and has done. Which will likely offset some of the football club losses. If you run the club well maximise commercial opportunities to offset losses with good management and a bit of investment over 4-5 years you could have a club ready to challenge for top half of the championship ready for a rich buyer looking to get a potential premiership club on the cheap. That has to be the business model. 

You sound like you've done a masters in business analytics and 5 years on the job 

I wonder how much scope there is for improving revenue from off the field commercial avtivity.

I used to work for a large company who held meetings a couple of times a year for about 500 of the workforce from 2 locations at Worsley and Bamber Bridge  at what was then the Reebok. They stopped going to the Reebok, instead using Leigh Sports Village and later on Salford City Reds new stadium off the M60 near Barton bridge. 

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

FV going about their business 

Nixon’s article says they want Pearson but still need to find funds to complete deal. I’d say it’s total bollocks personally. If FV are still scrabbling down the back of the sofa to even buy us they aren’t going for sacking Parky and his staff and appointing Pearson.

If they aren’t struggling for funds then brings the rest of his piece into question.

Just now, marple whites said:

There was a picture of Pearson in the Bolton news this week attached to one of the articles, but no mention of him which I found strange.

It was the bloke in the background of the photo over his shoulder, that the article was relating too. If ever you needed a photo crop or snipping tool to avoid confusion!

• Site Supporter

I’ll be livid if even more promising kids leave for nowt/buttons. Getting these through and selling for decent money plus sell on is our best chance of becoming stable - probably only chance in reality

1 minute ago, Chrisj said:

The whole article is rubbish if FV are looking at NP why are the scrambling around for money to complete the deal.

I think the admins need to come out and clear up this sorry saga tomorrow

As much as I’m disappointed with the admin, only FV can clear this up when they complete. 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

As much as I’m disappointed with the admin, only FV can clear this up when they complete. 

Trouble is there is no communication at all to the fans who are rightly worried about whether we will be playing in 6 days time 

7 minutes ago, Chrisj said:

Trouble is there is no communication at all to the fans who are rightly worried about whether we will be playing in 6 days time 

That’s because deals not done yet, no one can say anything until it’s signed. If it does not get done we’re liquidated. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 minutes ago, Chrisj said:

Any communication would be meaningless. The deal needs to be done on Monday. Everything is ready. If FV aren’t then the admins will look at options the most likely being liquidation unless FV can assure them that they will be ready very very soon. 

16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s because deals not done yet, no one can say anything until it’s signed. If it does not get done we’re liquidated. 

If the deal doesnt get done by when?  Pre-Wycombe or by November?  I'm unclear when this liquidation thing happens, because administrators will be happy to give FV as long as they want as they are raking in the money the longer it takes.  We are all supposing it has to happen this week but if players agreed to play whilst not getting paid (unlikely) wouldn't we just carry on under administration?  

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If the deal doesnt get done by when?  Pre-Wycombe or by November?  I'm unclear when this liquidation thing happens, because administrators will be happy to give FV as long as they want as they are raking in the money the longer it takes.  We are all supposing it has to happen this week but if players agreed to play whilst not getting paid (unlikely) wouldn't we just carry on under administration?  

Administrators cannot continue to trade an insolvent business. So they liquidate whenever the money is gone. But on top of that in all likelihood the EFL won’t let us start the season in admin without a clear sense we can finish it. If FV are certain they can complete soon I suspect we go on. But if it’s just rolling with no assurance I suspect league step in and say they need certainty if we are to play next weekend. 

In my view the deal is either done early this week or liquidation is pretty nailed on. Unless someone is willing to fund the club in admin on an ongoing basis.