Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think FV bid is seriously in danger, what is boo hoo plan? Is the stadium and hotel flattened and the subsequent land worth more than the purchase price of club and hotel? 

In a liquidation yes land is very valuable as you don’t need to deal with football Creditors in full etc they become unsecured and dealt with pari passu like the rest 

to me boohoo have zero interest in the hotel business. It’s whats around it. But we all know this. 

Million dollar question is how much extra do FV need to match the boohoo bid? That’s the critical figure. 

4 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

I think, like a few have said, the message is painfully clear. FV need to make their offer a better one.

I assume they think with a deal for the club almost done, that perhaps they wouldn't have to match the rival offer considering the Kamani family don't want the football club (if they are the rival party). 

Not an expert in this area - so not sure whether Quantuma could actually accept a lower offer for hotel creditors, on the basis of keeping the club alive. I can see what FV are doing and their rationale behind it, but it's getting a bit too fine a line for me. They need to just get this wrapped up. The club is being battered in the process 

No they can’t. Hence why they need to match boohoo or lose it simple 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Surely FV completing on the club helps put them in a stronger position for the hotel, might even dissuade the other bidder.

They cannot complete on the club without the hotel. The whole plan rests on both or none. It’s that simple 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

we Are in huge trouble based on that sadly. Not sure what the legal claim actually is as it’s not the injunction so it’s a mystery 

I think it is the injunction

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

They cannot complete on the club without the hotel. The whole plan rests on both or none. It’s that simple 

I always thought they could get the hotel with a worse offer, as they wanted the club, unlike rivals. 

As you've said that can't happen, I am really fearful now. They might not even have the resources needed to match the other offer in which case, it doesn't sound good at all 

• Moderators
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Boo hoo, FV partnership. 

If boo hoo want the land, they'd have no interest in a partnership, they'd be better letting the club go under

Similarly FV need the hotel income so no again

In fact, it's a ridiculous notion

Just now, Mantra said:

Why would they all deny it on twitter then?

I’m simply making a link, I wouldn’t speculate on their motives, but they did also say they had ‘asked about the hotel’ when in reality were bidding.

Two potential buyers for the club

FV and someone off their rocker who’s gone no diligence and taking a punt. A bassini type individual. Because the club will not be here long enough for someone else to come in and start the process again. Simple. But sad