Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, Big Johnny said:

It makes me wonder if something is happening as Marc Iles hasn't had any story's out yet and at 10 am that's a bit late on match day for him

He's more than likely gone on holiday again, he tends to do that when news is about to break.

Probably because he knows that he won't be the one actually breaking the news.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Surely if the deal is done as so many people believed it to be, Ken can’t make any changes after its been signed off?

If that’s true, and it’s the second time he’s done it, then what’s his motive? He must be stalling for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Danny G said:

The deal was set to be announced last night. Press release and emails to staff ready to be sent.

last minute goalpost changes from Ken scuppered it.

Sharan Brittan no longer attending the match today. 

If this is true, Anderson is going to be looking over his shoulder for a long time, he has had plenty of time to agree to a deal. He's definitely got an axe to grind against the club and its fans, I hope one day the whole story on how he's behaved in these dealings gets leaked.

7 minutes ago, Danny G said:

The deal was set to be announced last night. Press release and emails to staff ready to be sent.

last minute goalpost changes from Ken scuppered it.

Sharan Brittan no longer attending the match today. 

Ken needs to get his goalposts sorted.

Has he moved them a couple of inches left/right, or 20 meters back?

1 minute ago, Okocha10 said:

Still disputing I think who’s the winning bid over the hotel, awaiting Quantuma to make the decision. Don’t think it will down to Ken now 

This is nonsense. The secured creditors for the club and hotel hold the power. Any deal they have to sign off. Or face years of legal battles.

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He’s a secured creditor for both hotel and club.

Is he? Both?

If a Business goes into administration and there are, say 20 secured creditors, if the lowest owed creditor won’t accept the offer surely the other 19 override his view?

19 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Is he? Both?

If a Business goes into administration and there are, say 20 secured creditors, if the lowest owed creditor won’t accept the offer surely the other 19 override his view?

Admin have to decide on legal risk. As does buyer of proceeding without sign off from secured creds. In this case nobody is doing anything until they sign it off. 

Must be nearing double figures now in terms of the deal being done Friday night/major breakthrough/announcement by end of play Monday.

I'd say it was just another ploy to get the seniors to play... but there are only three of them.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tombwfc said:

Must be nearing double figures now in terms of the deal being done Friday night/major breakthrough/announcement by end of play Monday.

I'd say it was just another ploy to get the seniors to play... but there are only three of them.

Be interesting to see how well they play, if selected, under new management.

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Is he? Both?

And all that happens at meeting. Which was surely ages ago. A creditor cant change their mind the next day.

Deal was ready last night, that much is true.

From what I hear it was the fact a member of his legal team wasn't available to sign a document. Not really being treated as a massive drama. Believe me, there have been dozens of bigger hurdles in all this.

From Iles’ blog.

6 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

And all that happens at meeting. Which was surely ages ago. A creditor cant change their mind the next day.

No. The meeting or vote agrees general way forward. Specific deal needs signing off by all parties. 

40 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Is he? Both?

In normal arms’ length lending situations, there would often be an inter-creditor agreement if there is more than one secured creditor. The “senior” lender will, through that inter-creditor document, ensure it keeps control of the enforcement arrangements and can call the shots. The “junior” secured creditor(s) would have little control of the process and would not usually be able to block the senior lender. This is not, however, a “normal” arms’ length arrangement.