Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

What sort of money is needed ? If its half a million say, it only needs 1000 people with 500 quid sitting around to do this. I would also be up for this.

EDIT: I do understand that its a hell of a lot of money, but there MUST be 1000 people who have watched, loved, lived BWFC down the years that can put that money up.

It's £7.5m if rumours are to be believed. It's not spare change money unfortunately. 

Ken's a cunt. 

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

Not even the 'scouse' part for me. Just the idea of having a "second team" makes me yip.

Me too, this lad at work lives in Salford - supports Man U & Leeds (his dad is from Yarkshire) and has now bought a ST for Salford City.. 🙄

Guest Nordkurve
3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

It's £7.5m if rumours are to be believed. It's not spare change money unfortunately. 

Ken's a cunt. 

We're only talking about the money needed to keep the club going to stop the liquidation threat. In other words to keep the negotiations going to get Ken to "realise" he's not getting that 7.5 million that isn't his anyway.

6 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

I think we’re gone unfortunately lads if a deal was going to be done it would of been done last night guessing Micheal James has tried his utter best to keep this club alive. I was hoping Ken might of got worried about threat of liquidation but he really isn’t one bit, I’ve given up all hope :( 

Nah, from reading between the lines admin arnt liquidating us today, I think in my limited understanding we have 24-48 hours to resolve this, then something will give and I suspect in our favour.

if liquidation was going to start and they wernt hopeful we would have found out last night.

Guest Nordkurve
4 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

Me too, this lad at work lives in Salford - supports Man U & Leeds (his dad is from Yarkshire) and has now bought a ST for Salford City.. 🙄

I can understand Salford I guess, but how the fuck can you support Man United and Leeds ?

Guest Nordkurve
1 minute ago, Matty said:

Nah, from reading between the lines admin arnt liquidating us today, I think in my limited understanding we have 24-48 hours to resolve this, then something will give and I suspect in our favour.

if liquidation was going to start and they wernt hopeful we would have found out last night.

Let's hope so. They always used to say no news is good news, but i'm not sure that relates to Football Clubs about to be killed off.

4 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

These people who are dealing with this are top professionals, it’s out of our hands, it’s just a question of waiting and we’ve got B.A honours, Masters in this, over qualified.   I’m just glad we’re still bobbing along.

Means fuck all that pal unless you've got a masters in business analytics and 6 years in industry 

6 minutes ago, Morizio said:

So we’re past the imposed deadline and during the night Bury died.

Nail biting day ahead?

Think Bury not playing a game this season made the decision a bit easier for EFL compared to us there statement didn’t show much sentiment so I don’t expect much for us after two weeks . Unfortunately I can see admin starting liquidation today which some on here says gives us 7 days  to sort it unless a deal was done last night and just needs ratifying what more can they do they have been arguing the toss for weeks 

Devastated to wake up to the news about Bury. Local rivals or not, you just wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Just got to hope that those involved in our takeover take it as enough of a warning to sort out whatever stumbling blocks there are to ensure we don’t go the same way.

Either way, it certainly won’t be a 14 day wait. Step one is MJ making sure there’s enough money in the pot to cover payday or the administrators would then have the grounds to declare us insolvent and start the closing down process. 

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Well, we’ll see if Appleton was bluffing about liquidation

He’s not bluffing. He has no choice if we don’t get a deal agreed and cash in

if we get a deal agreed FV will pump funds in immediately and I mean immediately. 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He’s not bluffing. He has no choice if we don’t get a deal agreed and cash in

if we get a deal agreed FV will pump funds in immediately and I mean immediately. 

What makes you think he's not bluffing? I don't think he's bluffing about liquidation in general, but claiming to start breaking down the business at 9am sharp I think is a possible bluff. Doesn't make any sense to do that if they're as close as it seems to sorting it out. 

2 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

What makes you think he's not bluffing? I don't think he's bluffing about liquidation in general, but claiming to start breaking down the business at 9am sharp I think is a possible bluff. Doesn't make any sense to do that if they're as close as it seems to sorting it out. 

Without money in the kitty, they have no choice..

Just now, Ros Coe said:

Without money in the kitty, they have no choice..

Of course, but are wages not due on Friday? Not saying it won't be started, it probably will if it takes x amount of time to be completed. Just think if they really are on the verge of doing it and FV are ready to instantly put in funds it's a waste of time.

Then again, could be the push everyone needs to get it over the line. 

1 hour ago, Nordkurve said:

What sort of money is needed ? If its half a million say, it only needs 1000 people with 500 quid sitting around to do this. I would also be up for this.

EDIT: I do understand that its a hell of a lot of money, but there MUST be 1000 people who have watched, loved, lived BWFC down the years that can put that money up.

Not wanting to piss all over your enthusiasm, but it was pretty clear that last Saturday could well be our last home game.

4,700 turned out to see it.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Traf said:

Not wanting to piss all over your enthusiasm, but it was pretty clear that last Saturday could well be our last home game.

4,700 turned out to see it.

It the midst of all the waiting, for some reason that has hit home more than most things that have been said  

Like someone said earlier (Danny G i think) i think KA has had this planned along - wait till the deal is very nearly done then reveal that he wants ED trust to write off  the £7.5m loan debt and assurances that they won’t take legal action to chase him for it at a later date. In my opinion  KA is preventing this takeover from happening and if he doesn’t get his way, he’ll be quite happy to see BWFC liquidated.

Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Like someone said earlier (Danny G i think) i think KA has had this planned along - wait till the deal is very nearly done then reveal that he wants ED trust to write off  the £7.5m loan debt and assurances that they won’t take legal action to chase him for it at a later date. In my opinion  KA is preventing this takeover from happening and if he doesn’t get his way, he’ll be quite happy to see BWFC liquidated.

This is what I’ve surmised as well.  

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Surely that would constitute blackmail?