Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Traf said:

Not wanting to piss all over your enthusiasm, but it was pretty clear that last Saturday could well be our last home game.

4,700 turned out to see it.

I’ve seen more than 4700 weapons on social media over the last 24 hours hours.

lad at work “couldn’t sleep” last night

fuck off. Doesn’t “support” BWFC, maybe likes to see em win

1 minute ago, Boothy said:

Surely that would constitute blackmail?

Not necessarily blackmail, just shady negotiation tactics, but it's Ken so not like it wasn't expected. 

He's only able to do it because the people involved know how much the club means to us. Any other business and he'd get told to fuck off and it'd go under.

16 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Like someone said earlier (Danny G i think) i think KA has had this planned along - wait till the deal is very nearly done then reveal that he wants ED trust to write off  the £7.5m loan debt and assurances that they won’t take legal action to chase him for it at a later date. In my opinion  KA is preventing this takeover from happening and if he doesn’t get his way, he’ll be quite happy to see BWFC liquidated.

I'm guessing it's this as well, but stuff like that this should never been allowed though what's ED's loan got to do with the money he is owed as a secured creditor. This what pisses me off most,  how can you be allowed to change your demands, they should be set from the beginning of when we went into administration.

Edited by Okocha10

2 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I’ve seen more than 4700 weapons on social media over the last 24 hours hours.

lad at work “couldn’t sleep” last night

fuck off. Doesn’t “support” BWFC, maybe likes to see em win

There's very many who want an easy ride with football, want it just handed to them on a plate for them to consume at their leisure.

Who's to say they're wrong? It's supposed to be a form of entertainment after all. If that's going to be the case though there's way too many full time clubs for it to be sustainable especially in this day and age.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Me too, this lad at work lives in Salford - supports Man U & Leeds (his dad is from Yarkshire) and has now bought a ST for Salford City.. 🙄

I've lost count of the number of lads that have gone manure to fcum to Salford to fcum to manure to Salford to fcum

Wankers to a man

Edited by HomerJay

Just now, HomerJay said:

I've lost count of the number of lads that have gone manure to fcum to Salford to fcum to manure to Salford to fcum

Wankers to a man

We manage to get through this and there'll be a couple of fixtures against this lot next season, for sure.

We could do with a couple of home games this week so 25,000 people could donate £20, that would be a good start at least. I feel timing isn't on our side, no income for 4 weeks unless they sell STs which won't happen.

Last Saturday really was the last chance to prove the club could be saved.

Just now, ex_midlandwhite said:

We could do with a couple of home games this week so 25,000 people could donate £20, that would be a good start at least. I feel timing isn't on our side, no income for 4 weeks unless they sell STs which won't happen.

Last Saturday really was the last chance to prove the club could be saved.

What we need is the takeover going through. That's the only thing that can save us. And that's been the case for weeks now. 

It's not up to the average fan to fund people much richer (and who stand to make much more from all of this) while they play a game of chicken.

If what we're led to believe is true (and I still think there must be more to it) EDT are either prepared to write off £7.5m or they aren't. Ken is either prepared to stop being a cunt or he isn't.

That's the impasse we're told. Give them a week, a month, a year and that's still the decision that needs to be made. No benefit in dragging it out.

Edited by Tombwfc

1 minute ago, Tombwfc said:

It's not up to the average fan to fund people much richer (and who stand to make much more from all of this) while they play a game of chicken.

If what we're led to believe is true (and I still think there must be more to it) EDT are either prepared to write off £7.5m or they aren't. Ken is either prepared to stop being a cunt or he isn't.

That's the impasse we're told. Give them a week, a month, a year and that's still the decision that needs to be made. No benefit in dragging it out.

Isn't it more than some is being paid but what isn't is a question of who is liable for it and what security is used against it?

That was my understanding. The EDT will not be allowed to just "write it off". They operate under trust rules. Ken isn't likely to want a situation where should something go awry (say remaining amount is secured against hotel but it goes bust) he is pursued for it down the line. The complexities of this are great - its not a simple thing to sort out. 

I imagine MJ will ultimately be asked to provide security or a guarantee to get around this. For a loan that has nowt to do with him. 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll be gobsmacked if he signs, thought for a long time now he’d prefer liquidation. 

If he does though he'll be liable for the loan repayment. I'm not convinced it makes sense for him. We'll see. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If he does though he'll be liable for the loan repayment. I'm not convinced it makes sense for him. We'll see. 

Do you know how much he stands to make from the deal in general? How much is he owed as a secured creditor?

I assume if he does want it liquidated to not be held liable for the loan, there would need to be a loophole he can use. He's got too much experience being a conman to not have his exit strategy planned. 

Just now, SilentBob said:

Do you know how much he stands to make from the deal in general? How much is he owed as a secured creditor?

I assume if he does want it liquidated to not be held liable for the loan, there would need to be a loophole he can use. He's got too much experience being a conman to not have his exit strategy planned. 

If he causes us liquidate he'll be liable. 

I don't know what he will make from the deal, not sure anyone does  - he disputes the amounts he is owed and I doubt he'll be seeing a high % back. But if he gets a nice pay off and isn't liable for future debts isn't that a "win" for him?

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I don't know what he will make from the deal, not sure anyone does  - he disputes the amounts he is owed and I doubt he'll be seeing a high % back. But if he gets a nice pay off and isn't liable for future debts isn't that a "win" for him?

Today programme said the deal fell through on Saturday because one party wanted £250k to sign the deal. No names, no pack drill.

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yeah, that definitely goes down as a win for him, but if he makes a couple million out of the deal and then needs to put his hand in his pocket for a further £5m, he'll go the liquidation route everyday. 

I don't know what the loans from ED were secured against (so this could be a stupid question), but unless he personally guaranteed them and didn't loan them through his company/secure against club, how would he be liable?

9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Is there a list of Ken’s restaurants, as I would like to avoid them in future?

Or organise a dirty protest.

ta

Langan's Brasserie is one.  I was reading tripadvisor reviews, sounds terrible.