Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Glad it's all over, suspect the business plan is similar to Anderson but with more money and professionalism. Get us upto Championship level and sell, it's smart. Can't wait for the details in the next few days/weeks to come out. 

54 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

More from the scruffy unwashed wankers.

Having worked there, and been amongst it all...amongst people who think they have a divine right to be considered a big club because of achievements from the black and white days of Lofthouse, and who clearly have a big chip on their shoulder about Wigan Athletic, you could say I am rather bitter about them. Even yesterday, posting online comments about Bury "Hope they survive"...what about their own club? Just arrogant to the end...or not, as it is apparent.

You know what, fellas? Until the day comes when our club faces them again on a football field, hopefully many years off, I just want to totally forget about the dodgy bastard, shady dealing no marks. They could land in a swimming pool of shit, and come out smelling of roses. Just unbelievable whats happened of late with the EFL helping them out so much. Absolutely scandalous, and leaves a really bad taste. If I wasn't a Latics supporter, but was one of these floating casual football fans, I would walk away from the game. 

But as best as I can manage now, I am going to do my damnedest to forget all about Bolton Fuckin Wanderers. I hope they still end up going tits up.

Typical. The reception for our survival over in Blackpool isn't uniform happiness either. Our game at home against them in early October promises to be interesting.

52 minutes ago, burnden said:

Gives me a warm glow reading how much they hate us  , fuck right off you woman glassing irrelevant shithouses

When there backers pull out which will happen because they’re a no mark club I’ll gladly hope and prey they go bust and are wiped from the face of the earth. 

5 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Typical. The reception for our survival over in Blackpool isn't uniform happiness either. Our game at home against them in early October promises to be interesting.

No doubt they’ll be predicting to smash our fans all over the place. 🙄

7 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Every club has its share of bitter, parochial muppets. They're best ignored, they would love to know their bile was being reposted on Wanderers forums. 

There will be plenty of decent Blackpool, Wigan fans etc who will have put tribal loyalties to one side when witnessing BWFC and Bury's plight. Best we focus on them and ignore the pondlife.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Alf Hartigan said:

There will be plenty of Wigan fans not wishing us to go bust, it's just they don't feel the need to comment.

Think some folk need to remember this after what we've been through, cue abuse.

True, I live in bandit country & the real Wigan fans I know have been sound, even the usual banter has been put to one side for a while... It will start again now though 😊

1 minute ago, Alf Hartigan said:

There will be plenty of Wigan fans not wishing us to go bust, it's just they don't feel the need to comment.

Think some folk need to remember this after what we've been through, cue abuse.

Aye I know. But some sets of fans and their clubs come out of this with more credit than others in terms of what's been done and said. Worth remembering the quiet help given by PNE and Everton earlier in the Summer. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I thought that Maggie Tetlow spoke well this evening on 5live. It was also a relief to have someone represent the club who didn’t sound as numb as a piss stone.

Agreed. The Mrs is also in awe of her forehead. I reckon it's going to cost me a lot in botox...