Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

I bet theres some sore heads on here this morning, mine included - feels good though! 😁 In the immediate term I’d like to see Hobbs and O’Neill signed up & available to join the squad at Gillingham. We’ve got new owners & i believe they have the best interests of BWFC at heart. We’ve just got rid of an evil bastard - rejoice!

Edited by Burndens Bogs

7 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Cracked open a bottle of Prosecco at 7.00pm, a bottle of Malbec at 8.30pm, onto the port at 10.00 and just opened a fresh bottle of LBV now. I’ve had enough down days following BWFC to know when to celebrate the great ones. 

Can’t wait for Saturday.

COYWM!

ps, Ken is a sweaty, crabby cunt and his grandkids look like Ben Amos

How are we getting on this morning? 😂

Congratulations to Michael James and Sharron Brittan, most importantly for getting it over the line, but also for their impeccable conduct throughout the entire process and testing circumstances.

They are an example to those who ought to know better.  Lets hope the whingers, whiners and bellyachers will allow them at least a bit of time before resuming normal service.

8 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Congratulations to Michael James and Sharron Brittan, most importantly for getting it over the line, but also for their impeccable conduct throughout the entire process and testing circumstances.

They are an example to those who ought to know better.  Lets hope the whingers, whiners and bellyachers will allow them at least a bit of time before resuming normal service.

Agreed. They fought tooth and nail to get us, the least they deserve is some patience and time. We all know there won’t be £££ millions chucked at the team, but at least we have a club - we so nearly didn’t.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Well said, my mate 😁

11 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Totally agree with your first sentence.

Shame you had to spoil it with your second sentence - unnecessary!

15 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Congratulations to Michael James and Sharron Brittan, most importantly for getting it over the line, but also for their impeccable conduct throughout the entire process and testing circumstances. Also Marc Iles at the BN.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Kevin Nolan next boss...

Normally I'd say - lets get experience. But Nolan would just feel right to me for this stage. It might not work out - but he's one of us. And right now I think that is quite a benefit. 

Think with Nolan he could attract some Premier League players to come on loan to us, he probably has a good relationship with some teams. The Nigel Pearson link I think its unrealistic very much doubt he will want to manage us. 

28 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Bit of a slippery thing to do that, Boby

Have you ever noticed that miracles is an anagram of Marc Iles? Miracles would never cease if he ever got round to reporting how much Dean Holdsworth cost BWFC or how much Ken Anderson stood to lose if he didn't strike a deal with EDT.

Iles' article today makes no mention of Michael James or Sharron Brittan, focussing only on the bitter diatribe of an administrator who tried to pull a fast one on Ken Anderson and seemed to have a few hissy fits when KA would have none of it.

Some may remember me saying that KA would put his family's financial wellbeing first. That's exactly what he did and I couldn't help noticing it months ago.

2 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Have you ever noticed that miracles is an anagram of Marc Iles? Miracles would never cease if he ever got round to reporting how much Dean Holdsworth cost BWFC or how much Ken Anderson stood to lose if he didn't strike a deal with EDT.

Iles' article today makes no mention of Michael James or Sharron Brittan, focussing only on the bitter diatribe of an administrator who tried to pull a fast one on Ken Anderson and seemed to have a few hissy fits when KA would have none of it.

Some may remember me saying that KA would put his family's financial wellbeing first. That's exactly what he did and I couldn't help noticing it months ago.

And normal service is resumed.

the night of the long knives can't come soon enough.

3 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Slippery maybe, highlighting the irony of your post though seemed the right thing to do. As this will be my last post on this thread, I’ll be happy to buy you a pint at Gillingham on Saturday as an act of contrition.