Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

21 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Bit of a slippery thing to do that, Boby

Have you ever noticed that miracles is an anagram of Marc Iles? Miracles would never cease if he ever got round to reporting how much Dean Holdsworth cost BWFC or how much Ken Anderson stood to lose if he didn't strike a deal with EDT.

Iles' article today makes no mention of Michael James or Sharron Brittan, focussing only on the bitter diatribe of an administrator who tried to pull a fast one on Ken Anderson and seemed to have a few hissy fits when KA would have none of it.

Some may remember me saying that KA would put his family's financial wellbeing first. That's exactly what he did and I couldn't help noticing it months ago.

You're sooooooo clever 

Just spat my tea out

Nothing against homosexuals at all... just be aware I’ve been accosted by older men in the gents toilets twice this year.. must have some seedy reputation.. not much of a fun place, & I’m not into ‘touchy feely’ Grandads ... clearly the wrong place for me

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

God Bless Eddie Davies & his family, say I.

Without them, we'd have gone.

Statue required.

Was only thinking this last night Traf. If Ed didn’t love Bolton so much there is no way that his Trust would have fought so hard to make this deal work (without knowing the ins and outs). They clearly knew how much the club meant to him, and even with him gone wanted to do the right thing for him. He’s been a very big part in saving us again in my opinion.

If we didn’t need the money from the naming rights then I’d love to see the stadium called the Eddie Davies stadium. Statue is the least he deserves.

38 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Blah blah bollocks bullshit blah boring blah

...and I couldn't help noticing it months ago.

What’s the prize you’ve won?

Very much a “and needless to say, I had the last laugh” post. 

The name cuntodiet is sticking😉

And I don't really want to talk about our former owner too much going forward, but I'm not sure it sits well with me about Bolton fans lowering themselves to his level and trying to destroy some restaurants he may or may not have a share in. 

I'm not sure that Ross Anderson, who does own them, had much if anything to do with what happened up here and I'm not comfortable with the prospect of restaurant staff losing their jobs as a result of what might happen,

It's time to draw a line under it and look forwards rather than backwards.

What’s impressed me most about FV is that they clearly wanted the club. Put up with a lot of shit and a cunt whose time will come. 

Well done FV. Onwards and upwards. 

Can’t wait to part with my cash for the season tickets. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Was only thinking this last night Traf. If Ed didn’t love Bolton so much there is no way that his Trust would have fought so hard to make this deal work (without knowing the ins and outs). They clearly knew how much the club meant to him, and even with him gone wanted to do the right thing for him. He’s been a very big part in saving us again in my opinion.

If we didn’t need the money from the naming rights then I’d love to see the stadium called the Eddie Davies stadium. Statue is the least he deserves.

And his memorial service was played out to a half-empty Parish Church. No Anderson's, no Holdsworth and no Allardyce who couldn't resist slagging him off in his wretched book.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Agreed. Somewhat humbling that after deciding that £180m was enough to lose on a football club, he still returned on multiple occasions to bail us out. Then even after he was long dead, his family still thought enough of his love of BWFC to help save us.

And all that really without any of the adulation that the likes of Whelan, Jack Walker etc. received.

1 minute ago, Morizio said:

What’s impressed me most about FV is that they clearly wanted the club. Put up with a lot of shit and a cunt whose time will come. 

Well done FV. Onwards and upwards. 

Can’t wait to part with my cash for the season tickets. 

They wanted it as long as they could have the hotel...

1 minute ago, Traf said:

And I don't really want to talk about our former owner too much going forward, but I'm not sure it sits well with me about Bolton fans lowering themselves to his level and trying to destroy some restaurants he may or may not have a share in. 

I'm not sure that Ross Anderson, who does own them, had much if anything to do with what happened up here and I'm not comfortable with the prospect of restaurant staff losing their jobs as a result of what might happen,

It's time to draw a line under it and look forwards rather than backwards.

well said Traf , lets not lower ourselves to Ross Andersons dads level

Just now, Traf said:

They wanted it as long as they could have the hotel...

I’m looking at the end result. The hotel and ground are linked. There’s pages of boring stuff going on about it all. I suspect you’ve been as equally bored as me by most of it. 

They did it and we breathe again. 

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Bigtoe said:

Just spat my tea out

Nothing against homosexuals at all... just be aware I’ve been accosted by older men in the gents toilets twice this year.. must have some seedy reputation.. not much of a fun place, & I’m not into ‘touchy feely’ Grandads ... clearly the wrong place for me

I’m all for friendly hosts but the owner (Lee) kept dropping cutlery when clearing our table quite obviously on purpose saying the restaurant shuts at 11 but he’s open all night I don’t know what he was suggesting but he was vile all night