Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

6 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Agreed. Somewhat humbling that after deciding that £180m was enough to lose on a football club, he still returned on multiple occasions to bail us out. Then even after he was long dead, his family still thought enough of his love of BWFC to help save us.

And all that really without any of the adulation that the likes of Whelan, Jack Walker etc. received.

Jack Walker wrote off every penny of Blackburn's debt before selling, Eddie left us  with huge debts making us far less attractive a purchase. He ending up having to pass the debts on to a fucking cunt for a quid.Couldn't tell you how much debt Dave Whelan left in Wigan, it will be less than Eddie left.

And both Whelan and Walker won their clubs major trophies, they were more competent when it came to appointing football staff

57 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Last word on the slug k.a     -     I see motcombs has had some lovely TripAdvisor reviews  !!    

Brilliant and hardly any from up north!

accosted by homosexuals!

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Some may remember me saying that KA would put his family's financial wellbeing first. That's exactly what he did and I couldn't help noticing it months ago.

"His family's wellbeing"? Fine bit of emotive rhetoric that, especially as we all knew Anderson was putting his personal interests first and have been saying so for years.

Don't forget that the act of not taking responsibility for business losses he made through total mismanagement is at the expense of other people's families. Every other unsuccessful business owner (and his/her family) has to carry the can. But Anderson using the EDT's love for our club as a blackmail tool reminds me of a squatter that moves into your house and threatens to burn it to the ground if you try to repossess it.

Looking forward to finding out how much other money he syphoned out of the club so I can hate him even more - if that's possible.

Can someone direct me to accountantsways please?

Edited by Hoppy510
Feeling sarky.

Hallelujah !!!

That we have a club to support and that the horrible wait for some certainty if finally over. It has been so painful I had almost resigned myself to BWFC going under and having to find something else to do on Saturdays - I could not follow another club.

I was sat at my desk in Manchester yesterday when the first of many texts then emails arrived confirming the sale had gone through everyone so pleased for me and for Bolton Wanderers. I maintain that 99%+ of football fans are genuinely nice people - every club has a few dickheads including us. At this point it would be remiss not to mention Bury my heart goes out to you and just perhaps the EFL may reverse their decision. I got home via Spoons and got leathered more in relief than joy.

Like everyone else I have spent hours upon hours reading the inaccurate and sometimes spurious posts on WW. I dont `do any other Forums I dont do social media, aside from the missus is on Facebook, and was naive/ foolish enough to believe Howard then Sluffy although I could barely understand what they were on about . I appreciate most posts were well intended and thank you to all who have tried to shed light on what has been occurring. I purposely haven`t posted (dont worry I am not delusional I know I will not have been missed) because I didnt know anything.     

I want to offer my sincere gratitude to The Administrators FV and particularly the Davies family for allowing the takeover to go ahead. Their patience and fortitude has been remarkable in getting the deal completed whilst that slimy twat continually threw obstacles in the way. Aside from the pure greed aspect i reckon KA was getting off on it  - because he could. His time will come. 

The season is gonna be tough sad to say and the best we can hope for I reckon is to start next season in Division Two without a points deduction but crucially we are alive and I will be purchasing two season tickets asap.

Incidentally I bumped to Laurence Bassini (what a delusional nut job) last week after a brief chat I asked "Are you on drugs?" LB indignantly "No"   Ian "Then we had better get you some".

Sorry for going on repeating a lot of what has already been said but I have been saving this up for months.  

So proud to be a Wanderer.

5 minutes ago, Boo said:

Press release from Anderson coming later, should be interesting.

I wish them well for the future but stop putting reviews on my sons restaurant as it’s affecting our livelihoods 

28 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Jack Walker wrote off every penny of Blackburn's debt before selling, Eddie left us  with huge debts making us far less attractive a purchase. He ending up having to pass the debts on to a fucking cunt for a quid.Couldn't tell you how much debt Dave Whelan left in Wigan, it will be less than Eddie left.

And both Whelan and Walker won their clubs major trophies, they were more competent when it came to appointing football staff

Really don't want to get into chapter and verse on the rights and wrongs of Eddie's time here, as it's been done to death. Suffice to say though, what's in the 'rights' column amounts to far more than any one individual has ever (or likely will ever) do for the club.

And as for the last bit, that's just the short sightedness of football, isn't it? I certainly don't think you can judge Whelan or Eddie based on City having an off-day or Bolo Zenden kicking a penalty twice.

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

How much Ken Anderson stood to lose if he didn't strike a deal with EDT.

Iles' article today makes no mention of Michael James or Sharron Brittan, focussing only on the bitter diatribe of an administrator who tried to pull a fast one on Ken Anderson and seemed to have a few hissy fits when KA would have none of it.

Why do you defend Ken so much? He was bad news, in it purely for himself in my eyes. Why can't you see that?, What's your agenda?

16 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

"His family's wellbeing"? Fine bit of emotive rhetoric that, especially as we all knew Anderson was putting his personal interests first and have been saying so for years.

Don't forget that the act of not taking responsibility for business losses he made through total mismanagement is at the expense of other people's families. Every other unsuccessful business owner (and his/her family) has to carry the can. But Anderson using the EDT's love for our club as a blackmail tool reminds me of a squatter that moves into your house and threatens to burn it to the ground if you try to repossess it.

Looking forward to finding out how much other money he syphoned out of the club so I can hate him even more - if that's possible.

Can someone direct me to accountantsways please?

If he'd syphoned money out of BWFC, can you explain to me why the liabilities of the hotel and club were £3m less in 2019 than the auditors said they were in 2017?

Paul Appleton, Dale Vince, Eddie Davies Trust, Keir Gordon, Marc Iles, Simon Jordan, the Supporters Trust, David Conn, Dean Moxey, Dean Holdsworth, Karl Henry, Jay Spearing, Ben Amos, Paul Heathcote, Felipe Morais, David Wheater, Andy Taylor, the rest of the squad who went on strike at St Mirren, the rest of the squad who went on strike at Brentford, Kieran Maguire, Escobarp and his sources.

Is that a complete list? All wrong of course. Just trying to stop a man making a living for his family.

At a guess (a) he will claim the money he borrowed from EDT all went into the club (or to pay off the club’s debts) and that he didn’t take any money personally (b) he’ll argue that he should have got that [£6m] that he put into the club back from the sale (which he would have used to repay EDT) but the administrators refused to acknowledge he was owed that money (they said £1.5m) and as such it’s the administrators’ / FV’s fault for not paying him the money he was owed (which would have allowed him to pay back EDT in full) and (c) he’ll say that he has made no profit from the sale. 

3 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Why do you defend Ken so much? He was bad news, in it purely for himself in my eyes. Why can't you see that?, What's your agenda?

I defend the truth, not Ken Anderson or anyone else. Of course he was in it to try to make a profit. Do you think Michael and Sharron are in it because one's Santa Claus and the other's the Tooth Fairy?

11 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I defend the truth, not Ken Anderson or anyone else. Of course he was in it to try to make a profit. Do you think Michael and Sharron are in it because one's Santa Claus and the other's the Tooth Fairy?

Everyone would be happy if he made a profit if he had done it the right way, the man was a shyster and has failed and should make zero profit as he has failed the club, the fans, the staff and the town and community. 

Don’t you agree Ken Anderson is an utter cunt?

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Everyone would be happy if he made a profit if he had done it the right way, the man was a shyster and has failed and should make zero profit as he has failed the club, the fans, the staff and the town and community, I am sure you would agree Ken Anderson is an utter cunt. 

I'm sure he wouldn't.