Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

10 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Paul Appleton, Dale Vince, Eddie Davies Trust, Keir Gordon, Marc Iles, Simon Jordan, the Supporters Trust, David Conn, Dean Moxey, Dean Holdsworth, Karl Henry, Jay Spearing, Ben Amos, Paul Heathcote, Felipe Morais, David Wheater, Andy Taylor, the rest of the squad who went on strike at St Mirren, the rest of the squad who went on strike at Brentford, Kieran Maguire, Escobarp and his sources.

Is that a complete list? All wrong of course. Just trying to stop a man making a living for his family.

They all had their different agendas, some reasonable some not so reasonable, but serial loss-making BWFC simply didn't have the money to pay £35m owed to creditors of the club and hotel, most of it well overdue. Without charging £500 per hour for not very much and incurring a12 point penalty, all KA could do was to try to reduce the losses which he did quite successfully and defer debt repayment whilst trying to find someone with very deep pockets to take over the debt. He failed.

If you've got 300 creditors and over 200 employees that you can't pay on time because there simply isn't the money there, you're not going to be Mr Popularity but I suppose you could get a bit irked when some of the least deserving, egged on by the local rag, push themselves to the front of the queue.

28 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I defend the truth, not Ken Anderson or anyone else. Of course he was in it to try to make a profit. Do you think Michael and Sharron are in it because one's Santa Claus and the other's the Tooth Fairy?

It's comes across as though you are firmly in Ken's camp, and you're also sometimes unecessarily condecsending. I have no problem with making profit. However I do have a problem if it's done with actions that lack empathy and appear to be primarily selfish. Under Ken's stewardship this club came closer to extinction than ever before, and it appears his personality characteristics are mainly to blame, not his ability to manipulate finance. That's his legacy and why he's despised. If he performs an ethical  U turn, with acts of philanthropy and generosity I'll applaud him. Your posts seem to concentrate mainly on finance, but running a business successfully isn't just about figures, it's also about how your customers, staff and suppliers percieve you, and the decisions you make. Do you know what a SWOT analysis is? Imagine if Ken was about to take over as your employer, i reckon the W and T column would be fairly full.

Edited by peelyfeet

4 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

They all had their different agendas, some reasonable some not so reasonable, but serial loss-making BWFC simply didn't have the money to pay £35m owed to creditors of the club and hotel, most of it well overdue. Without charging £500 per hour for not very much and incurring a12 point penalty, all KA could do was to try to reduce the losses which he did quite successfully and defer debt repayment whilst trying to find someone with very deep pockets to take over the debt. He failed.

If you've got 300 creditors and over 200 employees that you can't pay on time because there simply isn't the money there, you're not going to be Mr Popularity but I suppose you could get a bit irked when some of the least deserving, egged on by the local rag, push themselves to the front of the queue.

The claims are, from those close to the business that he could have sorted it earlier if it wasn't for personal gain. 

10 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Funny he found the money to pay him and his son handsomely, and hasn’t shown recent accounts for whatever else he ripped from the club. And still you leap to his defence. It beggars belief. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Funny he found the money to pay him and his son handsomely, and hasn’t shown recent accounts for whatever else he ripped from the club. 

He paid his son for doing a job that needed to be done. It may or may not have been higher if he'd paid some other agent but the amounts are relatively insignificant.

I don't think you understand business or finance MK, but KA claims to have put in £7.5m that he borrowed from Eddie. All the evidence I have seen suggests that that is true and that the losses over the last two years were a fraction of what they had been previously, despite significantly less revenue.

I know you don't want to hear that but its just the way it is, I'm afraid.

I was thinking the other day if there were league tables of greed, where would KA be? Conference imo but lower down than Holdsworth and well behind Lineker, Allardyce and Chunky Taylor.

1 minute ago, Chris Custodiet said:

He paid his son for doing a job that needed to be done. It may or may not have been higher if he'd paid some other agent but the amounts are relatively insignificant.

I don't think you understand business or finance MK, but KA claims to have put in £7.5m that he borrowed from Eddie. All the evidence I have seen suggests that that is true and that the losses over the last two years were a fraction of what they had been previously, despite significantly less revenue.

I was thinking the other day if there were league tables of greed, where would KA be? Conference imo but lower down than Holdsworth and well behind Lineker, Allardyce and Chunky Taylor.

Eddie loaned him the money to pay off BM and keep the club alive. You make out like he generously received a loan and out of the kindness of his heart gave it to BWFC. Come on....

He put nowt in, inspite of promising cash initially. Then he sold off players to cover losses and as Parky says it went wrong when we ran out of players to sell and at that point he just stopped paying all bills. 

He had chances to sell the club but his greed got in the way even though he knew that he had no intention of funding it on an ongoing basis. 

None of that can be disputed its been revealed by a number of people. So just accept it. He wasn't "stealing" money or making huge profit. But he did run the club as badly as any owner I can recall. 

1 minute ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Greed isn't measured in how much pie you take. It's measured in how much you share the pie, and what you've done to earn your share. Ken is champions League Quarter finalist at least.

31 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

When's your Dad releasing his statement, Chris?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

What does Ken's prostate taste like, Chris?

47 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I understand enough about business to know that without the last 2 years accounts your position is utterly ridiculous, the facts remain Anderson stopped paying folk and the evidence suggest even when he received money from the EFL he still did not to pay folk. Enough of you now I will just ignore you from now on.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

If he'd syphoned money out of BWFC, can you explain to me why the liabilities of the hotel and club were £3m less in 2019 than the auditors said they were in 2017?

What was income from player sales over that time ? 

Simple question - Could KA have made the process of selling the club easier ? It may have involved slight reduction in his return but could he have done that rather than making lawyers rich and the process overly complicated ? 

Is it common practice for an Administrator to single out an individual for criticism in such a process ? 

You say you are interested in the truth whereas you are actually picking out specific bits of info that ignore the bigger overall picture. 

Just now, Ani said:

What was income from player sales over that time ? 

Simple question - Could KA have made the process of selling the club easier ? It may have involved slight reduction in his return but could he have done that rather than making lawyers rich and the process overly complicated ? 

Is it common practice for an Administrator to single out an individual for criticism in such a process ? 

You say you are interested in the truth whereas you are actually picking out specific bits of info that ignore the bigger overall picture. 

And why did he get into it in the first place. What was his overriding motive. 

23 minutes ago, Cheese said:

What does Ken's prostate taste like, Chris?

Stay over here Cheese, that’s amusing!

no +1s left for today, unfortunately 

20 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

And why did he get into it in the first place. What was his overriding motive. 

Make a quick buck obvs - it didn’t quite work out that way. Does anyone know if KA made any money on his exit?

Edited by Burndens Bogs

1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Make a quick buck obvs - it didn’t quite work out that way. Does anyone know if KA made any money on exit?

Impossible to tell at the moment, and may be hard to know in the future. I'm sure he'll be ok. 

3 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Bit of a slippery thing to do that, Boby

Have you ever noticed that miracles is an anagram of Marc Iles? Miracles would never cease if he ever got round to reporting how much Dean Holdsworth cost BWFC or how much Ken Anderson stood to lose if he didn't strike a deal with EDT.

Iles' article today makes no mention of Michael James or Sharron Brittan, focussing only on the bitter diatribe of an administrator who tried to pull a fast one on Ken Anderson and seemed to have a few hissy fits when KA would have none of it.

Some may remember me saying that KA would put his family's financial wellbeing first. That's exactly what he did and I couldn't help noticing it months ago.

Instead of slagging Iles why don’t you answer your own questions

‘How much did Dean Holdsworth cost BWFC’

‘How much did KA stand to loose if he didn’t strike a deal with EDT’

Just answer, no bullshit

58 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Come on Gary. What a custard pie you are

• Members
6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Just looking at the table. With the right signings made quickly and no further points reduction - I think staying up is a decent possibility.

Would be a brilliant achievement if we could manage it .

10 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Just looking at the table. With the right signings made quickly and no further points reduction - I think staying up is a decent possibility.

50 points should do it, 20 wins and a few draws and we will be reet. It feels great being positive for a change