Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over


Kane57
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Well, we’ll see if Appleton was bluffing about liquidation

He’s not bluffing. He has no choice if we don’t get a deal agreed and cash in

if we get a deal agreed FV will pump funds in immediately and I mean immediately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He’s not bluffing. He has no choice if we don’t get a deal agreed and cash in

if we get a deal agreed FV will pump funds in immediately and I mean immediately. 

What makes you think he's not bluffing? I don't think he's bluffing about liquidation in general, but claiming to start breaking down the business at 9am sharp I think is a possible bluff. Doesn't make any sense to do that if they're as close as it seems to sorting it out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

What makes you think he's not bluffing? I don't think he's bluffing about liquidation in general, but claiming to start breaking down the business at 9am sharp I think is a possible bluff. Doesn't make any sense to do that if they're as close as it seems to sorting it out. 

Without money in the kitty, they have no choice..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ros Coe said:

Without money in the kitty, they have no choice..

Of course, but are wages not due on Friday? Not saying it won't be started, it probably will if it takes x amount of time to be completed. Just think if they really are on the verge of doing it and FV are ready to instantly put in funds it's a waste of time.

Then again, could be the push everyone needs to get it over the line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nordkurve said:

What sort of money is needed ? If its half a million say, it only needs 1000 people with 500 quid sitting around to do this. I would also be up for this.

 

EDIT: I do understand that its a hell of a lot of money, but there MUST be 1000 people who have watched, loved, lived BWFC down the years that can put that money up.

Not wanting to piss all over your enthusiasm, but it was pretty clear that last Saturday could well be our last home game.

4,700 turned out to see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
8 minutes ago, Traf said:

Not wanting to piss all over your enthusiasm, but it was pretty clear that last Saturday could well be our last home game.

4,700 turned out to see it.

It the midst of all the waiting, for some reason that has hit home more than most things that have been said  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like someone said earlier (Danny G i think) i think KA has had this planned along - wait till the deal is very nearly done then reveal that he wants ED trust to write off  the £7.5m loan debt and assurances that they won’t take legal action to chase him for it at a later date. In my opinion  KA is preventing this takeover from happening and if he doesn’t get his way, he’ll be quite happy to see BWFC liquidated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Like someone said earlier (Danny G i think) i think KA has had this planned along - wait till the deal is very nearly done then reveal that he wants ED trust to write off  the £7.5m loan debt and assurances that they won’t take legal action to chase him for it at a later date. In my opinion  KA is preventing this takeover from happening and if he doesn’t get his way, he’ll be quite happy to see BWFC liquidated.

This is what I’ve surmised as well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Like someone said earlier (Danny G i think) i think KA has had this planned along - wait till the deal is very nearly done then reveal that he wants ED trust to write off  the £7.5m loan debt and assurances that they won’t take legal action to chase him for it at a later date. In my opinion  KA is preventing this takeover from happening and if he doesn’t get his way, he’ll be quite happy to see BWFC liquidated.

Surely that would constitute blackmail?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, Traf said:

Not wanting to piss all over your enthusiasm, but it was pretty clear that last Saturday could well be our last home game.

4,700 turned out to see it.

I’ve seen more than 4700 weapons on social media over the last 24 hours hours.

lad at work “couldn’t sleep” last night

 

fuck off. Doesn’t “support” BWFC, maybe likes to see em win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Boothy said:

Surely that would constitute blackmail?

Not necessarily blackmail, just shady negotiation tactics, but it's Ken so not like it wasn't expected. 

He's only able to do it because the people involved know how much the club means to us. Any other business and he'd get told to fuck off and it'd go under.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Like someone said earlier (Danny G i think) i think KA has had this planned along - wait till the deal is very nearly done then reveal that he wants ED trust to write off  the £7.5m loan debt and assurances that they won’t take legal action to chase him for it at a later date. In my opinion  KA is preventing this takeover from happening and if he doesn’t get his way, he’ll be quite happy to see BWFC liquidated.

I'm guessing it's this as well, but stuff like that this should never been allowed though what's ED's loan got to do with the money he is owed as a secured creditor. This what pisses me off most,  how can you be allowed to change your demands, they should be set from the beginning of when we went into administration.

Edited by Okocha10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I’ve seen more than 4700 weapons on social media over the last 24 hours hours.

lad at work “couldn’t sleep” last night

 

fuck off. Doesn’t “support” BWFC, maybe likes to see em win

There's very many who want an easy ride with football, want it just handed to them on a plate for them to consume at their leisure.

Who's to say they're wrong? It's supposed to be a form of entertainment after all. If that's going to be the case though there's way too many full time clubs for it to be sustainable especially in this day and age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Me too, this lad at work lives in Salford - supports Man U & Leeds (his dad is from Yarkshire) and has now bought a ST for Salford City.. 🙄

I've lost count of the number of lads that have gone manure to fcum to Salford to fcum to manure to Salford to fcum

Wankers to a man

Edited by HomerJay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HomerJay said:

I've lost count of the number of lads that have gone manure to fcum to Salford to fcum to manure to Salford to fcum

Wankers to a man

We manage to get through this and there'll be a couple of fixtures against this lot next season, for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We could do with a couple of home games this week so 25,000 people could donate £20, that would be a good start at least. I feel timing isn't on our side, no income for 4 weeks unless they sell STs which won't happen.

Last Saturday really was the last chance to prove the club could be saved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ex_midlandwhite said:

We could do with a couple of home games this week so 25,000 people could donate £20, that would be a good start at least. I feel timing isn't on our side, no income for 4 weeks unless they sell STs which won't happen.

Last Saturday really was the last chance to prove the club could be saved.

What we need is the takeover going through. That's the only thing that can save us. And that's been the case for weeks now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not up to the average fan to fund people much richer (and who stand to make much more from all of this) while they play a game of chicken.

If what we're led to believe is true (and I still think there must be more to it) EDT are either prepared to write off £7.5m or they aren't. Ken is either prepared to stop being a cunt or he isn't.

That's the impasse we're told. Give them a week, a month, a year and that's still the decision that needs to be made. No benefit in dragging it out.

Edited by Tombwfc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.