Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Take Over


Kane57
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I think the idea is that the gate receipts would provide the income to run the club 

last time we were in League 1 we brought in circa £10m without any owner putting in a penny 

Even if circumstances changed and we didn’t play at the Reebok then we have a big enough fan base to operate at league 1 without a wealthy owner (ST or foreign crackpot) pumping cash in 

the issue we have is the current level of indebtedness and running a PL facility like the Unibol in League 1 

Both of which can be overcome whilst still having a football club 

We had Gary Madine, zach clough, holding and Eddie Davies paying players wages at that time. 

Edit Madine to come sorry.

Edited by gonzo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If the ST don’t need millions then neither does anyone else....which clearly is not the case. We owe the council over a million quid. Same with the police. Club loses 3M plus a year. Then there is moonshift and James and BW. Given the ST seem to be suggesting those creditors aren’t cooperative that’s already 10M plus needed. 

Clearly the sale of the ground, hotel, car park and training ground would be required to pay off the creditors 

What’s the other option come May 8th, just say goodbye to the club? 

Dpnt get me wrong, I’d rather a rich Arab come in and spunk millions, but that’s looking unlikely. Without that I’d be happy with a crackpot like Bassini or even the ST from the Confrence North 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Clearly the sale of the ground, hotel, car park and training ground would be required to pay off the creditors 

What’s the other option come May 8th, just say goodbye to the club? 

Dpnt get me wrong, I’d rather a rich Arab come in and spunk millions, but that’s looking unlikely. Without that I’d be happy with a crackpot like Bassini or even the ST from the Confrence North 

As the ST pointed out last night - the ground cannot be sold. 

If we had easily realisable assets then there will be far richer people than the ST circling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

As the ST pointed out last night - the ground cannot be sold. 

If we had easily realisable assets then there will be far richer people than the ST circling. 

Surely it can, if we get liquidated next month what happens, it sits empty rotting when it can be used to pay back creditors (including the council) 

not having that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely it can, if we get liquidated next month what happens, it sits empty rotting when it can be used to pay back creditors (including the council) 

not having that 

Which is why I don't see it coming to liquidation - not just yet anyway. I think they will give admin a go first - not sure who will fund it but I think it's the next step.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Not quite what you said though is it.

i wonder how he secured £5 m against the assets with a small short term loan

Isn’t that the same £5m he borrowed off ED to pump into the club? 

You can put that down to Ken if you like mate but it’s not how I see it. Not that I believe he has a responsibility to put his own money in, far from it. However knowing full well he isn’t going to put his own cash in he should have been looking to balance the books. Not sign players that  we can’t afford 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely it can, if we get liquidated next month what happens, it sits empty rotting when it can be used to pay back creditors (including the council) 

not having that 

They’ve got an acv on the ground and have first dibs. Ironic really :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely it can, if we get liquidated next month what happens, it sits empty rotting when it can be used to pay back creditors (including the council) 

not having that 

It can - but its not multi-purpose....so makes it far less attractive....so I'm told. 

If we had easily realisable assets there would be little reason for moonshift not to put us into admin. The reason they haven't can only be that they fear doing so loses them money. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely it can, if we get liquidated next month what happens, it sits empty rotting when it can be used to pay back creditors (including the council) 

not having that 

Its more likely, if liquidated, to be sold to a developer to raise funds and then be flattened.

 

ACV or not, if BWFC gets liquidation, there wouldnt be enough money in the pot, under a new club, in the 99th tier of the league to upkeep it.

Edited by The True Marple White
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

They’ve got an acv on the ground and have first dibs. Ironic really :D

Aye, but once first dibs are over it’s getting sold 

how long do they get? 

Seriously though, I think we may need to concede that living within our means has to include leaving the Reebok, it’s just too expensive to run in League 1 

We certainly need to sell to meet our debt obligations 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Take a look at Carlos post about how much it takes to run athy colls ffs.  

I don't think I've given this away, as that stays inhouse. Local clubs at our level (mentioning no names) will spend 100k on wages alone this season.

I guess that clubs such as Ashton United and Curzon Ashton in the Conf North spend a similar amount and are amongst the lowest paying in that league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Isn’t that the same £5m he borrowed off ED to pump into the club? 

You can put that down to Ken if you like mate but it’s not how I see it. Not that I believe he has a responsibility to put his own money in, far from it. However knowing full well he isn’t going to put his own cash in he should have been looking to balance the books. Not sign players that  we can’t afford 

Those players were signed when Eddie was around for back up. 

How could we not sign any players? We got the cheapest we could possibly get. Imagine the outrage had we not assembled a squad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ProfessorWoland said:

I really dislike the sneering contempt that some seem to have for the ST. Criticism is fine, of actions or decisions at least, anyone that steps up has to understand that it comes with the territory, but if you have anything about you then you should at least balance that criticism with some respect for the efforts that they're putting in. 

They want to play Championship Manager. For real. With my club. 

So nah, no respect from me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Aye, but once first dibs are over it’s getting sold 

how long do they get? 

Seriously though, I think we may need to concede that living within our means has to include leaving the Reebok, it’s just too expensive to run in League 1 

We certainly need to sell to meet our debt obligations 

And where are we going to play? Wigan? Bury?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All this living within our means etc. It’s too late for that. 

Its like a mob of local shop keepers trying to take over Debenhams now. Its all too late.

They couldn’t reduce the losses and turnover quick enough to make it a viable concern.

We need money and plenty of it. And even that isn’t enough. 

The ST will come in when it’s athletcio bolton in athy colls league. Then they’ll still have to find £100k a year to pay for stuff. 

Its fucked. 

Only money can save us, not a committee.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Those players were signed when Eddie was around for back up. 

How could we not sign any players? We got the cheapest we could possibly get. Imagine the outrage had we not assembled a squad. 

Of course we need to sign players, just within our means 

apparently we spend £600k a month on player wages, over £7m a year and we are losing £3m a year operationally 

Would we really notice much of a difference had Ken decided to spend £400k a month on wages instead? Perhaps we would have been on 22 points rather than 32 but we’d have a better chance of staying afloat if we paid the likes of HMRC what they are owed 

it doesn’t help that Ken has wasted good money on players the manager clearly doesn’t fancy, what’s that all about? 

Edited by birch-chorley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And where are we going to play? Wigan? Bury?

I don’t know, you find somewhere 

the alternative is finding another tennant to play at our place and off set the financial burden,Wigan rugby got a mention recently 

It’s a shit show I know but better than giving up forever surely 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Leigh Sports Village

Tidy 12k stadium and £2 - £3 a pint around Leigh town centre, although we would have to mix in with the Lonsdale wearing trainer mob and the Rugby lot.

Can't ever see us leaving the Reebok, saying that Cov may have thought the same regarding the ricoh 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Tidy 12k stadium and £2 - £3 a pint around Leigh town centre, although we would have to mix in with the Lonsdale wearing trainer mob and the Rugby lot.

Can't ever see us leaving the Reebok, saying that Cov may have thought the same regarding the ricoh 

I actually think that if we do stay alive thats were we will end up. The reebok has been a gamble that just hasn't paid off if you live in a big house and can't pay the bills then you have to downsize. Wigan Rugby will probably end up with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.