Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

I believe Bassini was sat with a couple of members of the Trust today

If, and I believe it’s still an if, he completes then is this a good sign?

Plenty of misgivings from me and others on here about the Trust, but this can’t be a bad thing can it?

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I believe Bassini was sat with a couple of members of the Trust today

If, and I believe it’s still an if, he completes then is this a good sign?

Plenty of misgivings from me and others on here about the Trust, but this can’t be a bad thing can it?

Birds of a feather.. 

Just now, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Birds of a feather.. 

Thing is, if he was this patsy to help Ken out, as had been suggested from some quarters, then the ST wouldn’t be with him would they?

seeing as they are at odds with KA?

fuck knows I’m going to bed

Hoping we start to get some clarity this week...

Has he taken over? 

Did he pass FPP? 

Has he settled the outstanding debt? 

Who is coming in as chairman? 

Hopefully all will become clear but I can see us being no closer to knowing what’s going on 

Edited by birch-chorley

I really don't know how much Ken Anderson or Laurence Bassini are worth but it would be no surprise if there were one or two footballers who played for BWFC in the ED era that might be worth more and quite possibly a few members of BWFC's Platinum Club.

Anyway the inference of a recent article published in FourFourTwo is that 67 year-old Ken Anderson is a bit of a shit for not paying the likes of Dean Moxey and Ben Amos out of his and Patricia's retirement funds and it got me thinking how Patricia might have felt about it if he had done. I'm not inferring for one moment its what Patricia would have done, but the name of Lorena Bobbitt sprung to mind.

15 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I really don't know how much Ken Anderson or Laurence Bassini are worth but it would be no surprise if there were one or two footballers who played for BWFC in the ED era that might be worth more and quite possibly a few members of BWFC's Platinum Club.

Anyway the inference of a recent article published in FourFourTwo is that 67 year-old Ken Anderson is a bit of a shit for not paying the likes of Dean Moxey and Ben Amos out of his and Patricia's retirement funds and it got me thinking how Patricia might have felt about it if he had done. I'm not inferring for one moment its what Patricia would have done, but the name of Lorena Bobbitt sprung to mind.

Many people on here have said that although Ken is the owner (indirectly) of the club and the director of BWFC, because it is a limited liability company, he should not be expected to contribute any money from his own pocket to cover wages and / or debts. 

So, what does it matter if Bassini is worth £10 or £10bn? Presumably wealth is irrelevant to all of those on here who are not expecting him as owner to contribute any of his own cash.

53 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

You threw your teddy out of the pram and had a hissy fit, stating you were leaving.

There were a few, including me who expressed a positive opinion of you.

However, it’s clear you have a single issue that you constantly bleat about. It’s the same stuff from you every day.

People have stopped interacting with you, maybe you haven’t noticed. 

So, to summarise I’m saying you are a boring cunt. 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Morizio said:

You threw your teddy out of the pram and had a hissy fit, stating you were leaving.

There were a few, including me who expressed a positive opinion of you.

However, it’s clear you have a single issue that you constantly bleat about. It’s the same stuff from you every day.

People have stopped interacting with you, maybe you haven’t noticed. 

So, to summarise I’m saying you are a boring cunt. 

Get off that fence and say what you really mean.

"If Bolton fans think they’ve got a problem with Ken Anderson, they’re going to have a bigger problem with Laurence Bassini," warned former Crystal Palace chief Simon Jordan, according to FourFourTwo. Jordan might be right about Bassini but Jordan's wider theory on football club ownership is that only those with money to burn should be allowed to own a professional club. The Beeno also subscribes to the Jordan theory on which basis BWFC should have been shut down three years ago.

I'll be honest, the silence on all fronts is a little odd to me -- surprised there's not a bit more digging from the official journos. All very odd -- surely the EFL would have been able to complete their test by now, it's not like it's extensive. 

Whilst no news isn't great, I'm not so sure it means it's bad news

There's plenty that would announce with "glee" if it was a dead duck

I reckon there's more to this that the EFL test too; my ample gut says they're probably still wrangling over something

We shall see.

I'm far from their biggest fan, but I do see the 2 Trust bods being with Bassini @ Blackburn as positive to some end. 

5 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Whilst no news isn't great, I'm not so sure it means it's bad news

There's plenty that would announce with "glee" if it was a dead duck

I reckon there's more to this that the EFL test too; my ample gut says they're probably still wrangling over something

We shall see.

I'm far from their biggest fan, but I do see the 2 Trust bods being with Bassini @ Blackburn as positive to some end. 

Didn’t divulge though 

Why hasn’t Bassini paid the players? He says BWFC bank account frozen but surely he could pay from a other account...... that’s if he has the money, thinking this buyout will quickly go tits up, if it does KA said last week he was close to putting us in Admin,  that seems doubtful to me, surely he’d choose liquidation. 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why hasn’t Bassini paid the players? He says BWFC bank account frozen but surely he could pay from a other account...... that’s if he has the money, thinking this buyout will quickly go tits up, if it does KA said last week he was close to putting us in Admin,  that seems doubtful to me, surely he’d choose liquidation. 

I'm as skeptical as anyone - but lets give benefit of doubt. We've just had a long Easter weekend where nothing was being done. Setting up payroll in a different account isn't a quick process and may not even be possible. I think people are getting a bit carried away. He showed his face at both games - if he'd not bothered coming the alarm bells might have been sounding. But I'd give him a week or two before going into meltdown. He doesn't even own the club so it might be a case of KA needing to apply for the validation order to process the pay - and we know how cooperative Ken is likely to be....