Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

8 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I doubt there'd be much scope for taking 2018/19 cash out:

1. He needed to keep the show on the road to be able to sell a going concern AND
  2. He'd after watch out for the unfair preference rules

Ken's a seasoned pro in these areas

Yes it’s all speculation of course but after the public opinion worsened over the last few months there must have been a temptation to take whatever he could.

41 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

If you're the buyer, maybe you pull out now. Wait a few weeks and buy it out of administration or from the Davies family.

if youre that much of a pennypincher , won't you just get gazumped once it gets near the end ?

that Plan sounds like someone not buying them in the 80s just so you can pick over the bones 30 odd years later. 

Owt could happen while youre 'waiting' .. 

17 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I won't  be shocked if we find out next week that the reason Direct Debits for season tickets werent taken is because we are already in administration

I will be as it’s impossible unless someone has found a court that doesn’t report matters

to put it into context it’s like we find out Monday we won 3-2 today 

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I was always a bit worried about my car when playing on Barlow Park on a Sunday morning.... never knew if it would be there or burnt out after the game.

Can't really remember where this is as not lived in the Bolton area for a long long time, however, when young I can remember going to some sort of event on Leverhulme park, anyway went with family and we parked our car on some estate near there, OMG we certainly weren't from a palatial part of town but it was like walking through a bomb site on the edge of Beirut. Think there was a bit of an athletic track near there.

9 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Can't really remember where this is as not lived in the Bolton area for a long long time, however, when young I can remember going to some sort of event on Leverhulme park, anyway went with family and we parked our car on some estate near there, OMG we certainly weren't from a palatial part of town but it was like walking through a bomb site on the edge of Beirut. Think there was a bit of an athletic track near there.

I suppose Leverhulme Park is classed as Darcy Lever

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Estate across road near new house farm footie pitches, rough as fuck

Breightmet?

When about 12 or 13 I used to play for school rugby team (wanted to play for football team but wasn't good enough), anyway you only need turn up and you could get in the rugby team.

Hardly any other schools in Bolton used to do rugby so we used to play at some very Dodgy areas around Manchester, Warrington and Liverpool areas.

Can remember once going to Kirkby one frosty Saturday morning, our game was called off (frozen) but the older lads that used to share the bus still had their game on, we had to hang about for a couple of hours round some tower blocks known as the piggeries.

Now that was rough!

Having been brought up just off High Street  Mancroft Avenue was the worst I knew. Where I live now in Bristol it's Hartcliffe. 

We should offer Shemima Begum a council house in one of those two. That would stop her coming back. 

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I spent a season playing at New House Farm. Was muddy as fuck. That’s all I remember 

Always been wet pitches, used to be a colony of great crested newts at one end living under some rubbish!

Bastards running horses up and down the grass just leave ankle breakers.

Some interesting characters live in the streets between there and Leverhulme.

One of them once had it away with one of our strimmers.

2 hours ago, e2e4 said:

if youre that much of a pennypincher , won't you just get gazumped once it gets near the end ?

that Plan sounds like someone not buying them in the 80s just so you can pick over the bones 30 odd years later. 

Owt could happen while youre 'waiting' .. 

Nothing's happened in the last couple of years whilst the club's been up for sale and I'm not sure there will be a flurry of bidders now that we're looking doomed to relegation. 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Mancroft Ave, now that was fucking grim, bet you knew Big Balls Wally

Doesn't ring any bells.

Went to primary school with a lass that lived there and later in my teens met some bird who I didn't know lived there until I took her home.

Decent shag though as was her sister although never managed a threesome. 

Edited by H