Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It’s not that simple. There is a cross claim across club and hotel. Neither admins could determine what he was owed on the basis it was split across the two. His claim on the hotel side has been the hold up. I cannot imagine he’s walking away with a penny less than what he believes he is owed across the two deals. Why would he?

Really don't get though how he's claimed he was owed that money when there's no findings/prove to say he is or put that type of money into the club. 

14 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Appears to confirm that KA may be the delay in this as he obviously wants the £7.5 million he thinks he is owed even though records show its £1.5mil

And the £30k for the football consultants pm, have they not spoken to players for that amount ?

Fildraw claim £17 million versus the admins £10 million

7 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Really don't get though how he's claimed he was owed that money when there's no findings/prove to say he is or put that type of money into the club. 

He loaned the business the £5M from ED. Plus I assume a few small operating cost loans probably with interest. 

Regardless the position is - Ken doesn't give a shit - but on the hotel especially has to be in agreement. 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I don’t imagine anyone would offer me a job if i’d performed totally shit in the 9 months prior to getting paid.

But if they did - and your current employers hadn't paid you for 5 months - would you turn it down? 

Edited by Cheese

23 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

The report does show your estimate to be correct ( unless I’ve misunderstood, it won’t be the first time) The deadline of the 22nd also gave creditors more time to submit their claim or even challenge the figures in the report (as I have done) so the creditors amount could change. I suspect that is why they wanted 5 days to submit the final report. We should know soon.

You read it right the first time, Boby and my estimate was bang on the money.

I haven''t time to read all this today. Needs a bit of thought anyway but something has bothered me about Rubin's approach and the devil's always in the detail.

14 minutes ago, Boothy said:

But no one is offering them a job, clearly.

Magennis strongly linked to Rangers, Oztumer linked to Charlton, Brockbank has several offers, Wheater has L1/2 alternatives at the right wages, Murphy to Peterborough. I think we could lose half our squad very quickly if there is no positive news today.

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Magennis strongly linked to Rangers, Oztumer linked to Charlton, Brockbank has several offers, Wheater has L1/2 alternatives at the right wages, Murphy to Peterborough. I think we could lose half our squad very quickly if there is no positive news today.

I mean regardless of the takeover players who've handed in their notice can go - they are waiting for their salaries but I don't think the club will be able to keep them. They might persuade them to stay but I struggle to see that. Next season we're going to have a virtually brand new side (assuming we have one at all). 

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I mean regardless of the takeover players who've handed in their notice can go - they are waiting for their salaries but I don't think the club will be able to keep them. They might persuade them to stay but I struggle to see that. Next season we're going to have a virtually brand new side (assuming we have one at all). 

Yes you are probably correct.  Hopefully there is a team to support at the end of it .

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Marc Iles on with Big Sam just then. Quite irritating how much Sam doesn’t know. 

If it ain’t benefiting him to the tune of shitloads of cash, or cold and white and coming in a pint glass, he ain’t arsed. 

Edited by mickbrown

21 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I actually think there'll be quite a few familiar faces.

10 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

On the players strike, i'm not quite getting how they won't play friendlies but play friendlies behind close doors.

I don't think it has anything to do behind closed doors, perhaps maybe some sort of agreement has been reached with them

Let’s hope the majority of the starters yesterday get paid and offered new contracts and soon, that would give us the bare bones of a squad that should be good enough to keep us up. Sooner the club come knocking for my season ticket money the better. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

25 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

On the players strike, i'm not quite getting how they won't play friendlies but play friendlies behind close doors.

Fear of playing in front of the fans and the reaction.

especially at places like Leyland. 

Look how much Celtic actually give us for Luca Connell, it will upset most people, "A balance of £42,000 of an agreed £200,000 transfer fee was received following the cancellation of a first team player's registration and move to another club."

19 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Look how much Celtic actually give us for Luca Connell, it will upset most people, "A balance of £42,000 of an agreed £200,000 transfer fee was received following the cancellation of a first team player's registration and move to another club."

I thought the figure that was floating around for him was £350k???

2 minutes ago, Pricey said:

I thought the figure that was floating around for him was £350k???

Think administrators said they agreed to pay the development fee of £250k think it was, doesn't look like they have 

27 minutes ago, burnden said:

Esteemed and now 'mighty'. What a load of absolute crap. The big questions have not been answered.

For example:

Who paid off Blumarble and where is it recorded in the books?

How did Borassic Bolton manage to stay in business until someone talked Cardiff into squandering £6m+ on G Madine?

Why do ED trustees AND Ken Anderson BOTH dispute Rubin's report?