Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Classic Draws

Smiley

30 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Fuck me that would’ve limbs and half. 

How good was Brannigan in that time. Superb keeper.

Superb keeper. Amazing save from that header.

if we’d scored people would have been crushed, it would have been bedlam! 

3-3 game following season was ace. Took the same big following.

47 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Branigans best was at Sheff Utd in the Friday night game when Blake scored, stunning double save. 

I was in the main stand on a freebie. They didn't take well to me celebrating either moment 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Branigans best was at Sheff Utd in the Friday night game when Blake scored, stunning double save. 

Had to kip in the back of captainmeds car after that match, we couldn’t find our B&B and were sozzled. Gets a bit nippy in November

14 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Bradford away, early 90's, Tue/Wed night 4-4, before the ground was done up, I thought the corrugated tin roof was gonna fly off! 

Got the video of that somewhere. Seem to remember us scoring a really good goal, one touch passing. 

1 hour ago, jayjayoghani said:

Not sure it's been mentioned and probably controversial but the 2-2 draw against Man Utd. Sir Les should have got the winner. A neutral would say a classic. 

The 1-1 the season before was just as good, Okocha taking the piss out of Keane and doing about 100 double dribble step-overs was fun. I don't think I've seen an individual performance as good as that.

I also remember the 2-2 against Arsenal that season when we came back from 2-0 down and they ended up not winning the league.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Had a few tasty draws in the premier league days, the day Arsenal needed to win to keep their title challenge alive, 0-2 with not long left and drawing 2-2 was enjoyable

and a 2-2 at Highbury when Pedersen levelled late on (Arsenal were 100% at that point having won their first 5 smashing everyone in the process)

Forgot about the 3-3 at Grimsby. Was on holiday and missed it. But did go to the 0-0 season before. And did get chased all around town after the match by the CBP alongside numerous members of the MCB. haha.

And that Derby 3-3 stands out - think they had a couple of quality Italian's playing for them at the time. Names escape me.

I think last minute equalisers are another topic of their own! Palace away with a Chris Fairclough goal was one of my all-time favourites. But like I say, another topic!

Also vaguely recall a decent 2-2 at Craven Cottage - think Martin Pike scored for us (on loan).

And technically the 3-3 draw (after 90s mins) at Portman Road was a classic - shame Sheepshank had got the rules changed and we had to go to ET for them to win it.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Forgot about the 3-3 at Grimsby. Was on holiday and missed it. But did go to the 0-0 season before. And did get chased all around town after the match by the CBP alongside numerous members of the MCB. haha.

And that Derby 3-3 stands out - think they had a couple of quality Italian's playing for them at the time. Names escape me.

I think last minute equalisers are another topic of their own! Palace away with a Chris Fairclough goal was one of my all-time favourites. But like I say, another topic!

Also vaguely recall a decent 2-2 at Craven Cottage - think Martin Pike scored for us (on loan).

And technically the 3-3 draw (after 90s mins) at Portman Road was a classic - shame Sheepshank had got the rules changed and we had to go to ET for them to win it.

Eranio, Baiano or sommat like that