Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Do You Support the Players Strike? Yes/No

Ruba Mustafa

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

No. We should fuck all striking players off once this is over.

This.

If these shithouses are living paycheck to paycheck on such ridiculous wages then they're as fucking thick as they are on the pitch.

Simply kicking the supporters in their already kicked bollocks - unacceptable.

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

No. We should fuck all striking players off once this is over.

Definitely this, their actions show how little affinity they have with the fanbase. They have been spineless all season hence the expected relegation, get rid of every single one of them and start afresh next season.

10 minutes ago, Campos_Wig said:

Definitely this, their actions show how little affinity they have with the fanbase. They have been spineless all season hence the expected relegation, get rid of every single one of them and start afresh next season.

The way this is going, there won’t be a next season. 

If they wanted to make a point they should have played the game and on 90 mins before added time or similar they should have all sat down in the centre circle or something. 

Some poor kid was going to be mascot today. Some folk looked forward to today all week as (as sad as it sounds) it’s all they have in their life. Some Brentford fans had bought train tickets. Some even hotels I presume. Etc etc.

For a total of about 3 hours on a Saturday that they were required, they could have gone about this a different way and still made a point.

And I’d probably be more forgiving had the cunts not seemed like they’ve been on strike since September anyway.

Of this club survives I hope they all fuck off 

16 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

If they wanted to make a point they should have played the game and on 90 mins before added time or similar they should have all sat down in the centre circle or something. 

Some poor kid was going to be mascot today. Some folk looked forward to today all week as (as sad as it sounds) it’s all they have in their life. Some Brentford fans had bought train tickets. Some even hotels I presume. Etc etc.

For a total of about 3 hours on a Saturday that they were required, they could have gone about this a different way and still made a point.

And I’d probably be more forgiving had the cunts not seemed like they’ve been on strike since September anyway.

Of this club survives I hope they all fuck off 

Daughter was supposed to be doing the flag waving bit pre-match this afternoon, it was booked last year. and she was so looking forward to it.

• Site Supporter

Seems pawels the first to quit a according to Iles .

Honestly, good. Hopefully many more follow.

I usually defend players as they do have to deal with a lot of bullshit but I'm done with the them.

If they want out , then let the them go.

3 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Seems pawels the first to quit a according to Iles .

Honestly, good. Hopefully many more follow.

I usually defend players as they do have to deal with a lot of bullshit but I'm done with the them.

If they want out , then let the them go.

It's in the Beano: https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17601649.bolton-wanderers-star-wants-to-quit-club-after-pay-battle/

• Site Supporter

Who’s going to punish the EFL over this for allowing corrupt owners ruin clubs.

If the money was there to complete the season, does Anderson get the fraud squad crawling all over him if that money has suddenly gone missing?

What a fuckn mess

39 minutes ago, rochdale white said:

No issues with Pav doing this. He’ll get another club no issue and doesn’t burden us with a wage over summer by exercising his right to leave. Good luck to him.

And foregoes any right to a pay off for his contract being cancelled. Part of me think he’s a bit of a cunt for being first to jump ship, but he’s probably inadvertently done us a favour on that front. The harder task will be players who know they won’t get as good a gig elsewhere and so will hold out for every last penny, owed or otherwise. 

12 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

It's rare that I disagree with you mate - we appear to have the same view on a lot of things but here I disagree

• They are not poor and scraping along day to day - I know how much one player earns (ITK, fact, mate of a mate, etc) and I wouldn't be bleating about over £200K per year and under/around 30 years of age
  • They will get paid
  • If they were striking on behalf of those at BWFC on minimum/living wage then fair enough. No, they are striking for themselves
  • They've had "issues". Fuck off. Go and work in A&E on a Saturday night, dig holes in the road in the pissing rain, scrape a biker off the motorway when a driver hasn't seen him, be a peacekeeper in Yemen, etc, fucking etc

I completely agree with the concept of "striking" when an employer is fucking over the workforce. It's exactly why the unions were born and rightly so

But even a player earning a "lowly" £2K per week is probably earning more than the vast majority who are paying in week after week, month after month, year after year to watch the shit that they serve up and can't even have butter on their hotdogs, have their beer served cold, and even think about being entertained

They can fuck right off. No sympathy whatsoever. They've pissed on their chips

Exactly how I feel. Good post fella