Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Do You Support the Players Strike? Yes/No

Ruba Mustafa

Would anyone calling the players cunts keep going into work if you were not getting and being lied to by the boss ? 

I do not think they are cunts. They are misguided and deluded fools. They will get paid eventually which is the big difference to a ‘normal’ job. This has gone on all season so does feel strange that they have pulled the rug at a strange time. 

Their disregard for how this will affect the club and ultimately the fans is the saddest part of this. 

Edited by Ani

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Ani said:

Would anyone calling the players cunts keep going into work if you were not getting and being lied to by the boss ? 

I do not think they are cunts. They are misguided and deluded fools. They will get paid eventually which is the big difference to a ‘normal’ job. This has gone on all season so does feel strange that they have pulled the rug at a strange time. 

Their disregard for how this will affect the club and ultimately the fans is the saddest part of this. 

They've just had enough 

Players on 2 or 3 grand a week may struggle if their income is tied up in mortgages, investment and bills

They get paid eventually but who knows when

Far too much uncertainty

Don't blame them

The days of players having the sort of affinity with the club the likes of McGinley or even K Davies had are long gone 

The bunch of fuckin mercenaries just didn’t want to get injured. 

It was 90 minutes football. That’s all they needed to do. They owe it the fans who turn up every week to watch their shower of shit pathetic arse wankers trudge around a football pitch. 

Dont turn up to training by all means, striking for a game? Get fucked and get in the real world. 

Shithouse bastards to a man. 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

They will get paid eventually which is the big difference to a ‘normal’ job. This has gone on all season so does feel strange that they have pulled the rug at a strange time. 

Making them all cunts imo.

16 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Making them all cunts imo.

Fair enough I think cunts is too harsh but understand why folk will think that. 

I was pretty disillusioned with the club already and if anyone comes in saves the club there is massive rebuilding loyalty job to be done. Even in the bad old days the players were shit but they were our shit. 

The reason I do cut the players some slack is that I can only imagine how much bullshit and lies they have been fed. As fans many of us have voted with our feet. The players at some point will feel they had to do something. I do not agree with their actions but can understand them. 

I really do think they have shown wanton disregard for the future of Bolton Wanderers and utter disrespect for the supporters. Boycott training, spout of in the media, do whatever you want but failing to fulfil fixtures seriously crosses the line. It’s patently obvious that the people who will ultimately be accounting for this are the fans. Ken Anderson will be gone soon enough. The EFL and PFA have to show accountability when looking into punishment based on the situation at the Club. I also think the earlier ‘strike’ was severely misjudged. I don’t support any of these players anymore, if they performed anywhere near expectation at some point this season id have sympathy but at the end of the day they’ve put on a pathetic performance and they should show some responsibility and respect for the ones who remain with BWFC through thick and thin and see this season out. 

4 minutes ago, Boothy said:

I really do think they have shown wanton disregard for the future of Bolton Wanderers and utter disrespect for the supporters. Boycott training, spout of in the media, do whatever you want but failing to fulfil fixtures seriously crosses the line. It’s patently obvious that the people who will ultimately be accounting for this are the fans. Ken Anderson will be gone soon enough. The EFL and PFA have to show accountability when looking into punishment based on the situation at the Club. I also think the earlier ‘strike’ was severely misjudged. I don’t support any of these players anymore, if they performed anywhere near expectation at some point this season id have sympathy but at the end of the day they’ve put on a pathetic performance and they should show some responsibility and respect for the ones who remain with BWFC through thick and thin and see this season out. 

I dont feel disrespected by the players. I admire them for making a stand it has definitely brought things to a head , before we were just drifting to end of season/May 8 and Ken was happy to have as much time as needed now things may have started to get away from him and force the issue. 

Anyone supporting the players action should seriously give there heads a shake - the actions of these spineless shithouse players (who are mostly out of contract very soon), could result in a points deduction & transfer embargo for the club next season.

Utter selfish shithouses the lot of them, they have not given a jot of thought about how their actions will affect the fans next season - as usual they only think about themselves, based on performances & lack of effort on the pitch I would say that most of them have had ample payment this season.

36 minutes ago, Jeebster said:

Anyone supporting the players action should seriously give there heads a shake - the actions of these spineless shithouse players (who are mostly out of contract very soon), could result in a points deduction & transfer embargo for the club next season.

or worse.

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Boothy said:

What has it brought to a head? I must be missing something 

We'll only find out in due course. One thing for sure, national news articles and top of sports coverage wasn't happening before. Some stuff on SSN and talkshite.

Whether that's made any difference, who knows.

Ultimately, their first priority has to be their families. As Taylor said, there have been problems for some time, and sooner or later they were bound to make a stand against Anderson. 

Administration or being wound up has been on the cards for quite some time, and it's those options that fuck up the club.

• Moderators

On the other hand, the action and subsequent discussions/investigations may see some leniency 

It's not like the strike was a knee jerk reaction to a one off situation of not getting paid on time

The EFL need to know how people they deem fit and proper can fuck clubs, players and fans over, it's not like he didn't have previous

Guess we'll see

31 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

On the other hand, the action and subsequent discussions/investigations may see some leniency 

It's not like the strike was a knee jerk reaction to a one off situation of not getting paid on time

The EFL need to know how people they deem fit and proper can fuck clubs, players and fans over, it's not like he didn't have previous

Guess we'll see

Why would the strike provoke leniency?

Failure to complete fixtures in any league in any sport usually leads to expulsion. No excuses.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Why would the strike provoke leniency?

Failure to complete fixtures in any league in any sport usually leads to expulsion. No excuses.

Which would well and truly show up the efl and their processes to be completely unfit for purpose.

No way would they expell the club given the circumstances.

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Which would well and truly show up the efl and their processes to be completely unfit for purpose.

No way would they expell the club given the circumstances.

How confident can they be that the situation won't recur next season? Not very.

The EFL passed Anderson as fit and proper and confirmed that money was in place and our situation was being monitored and they could see things were improving. They will at best look fucking stupid at the end of this farce. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Ani said:

The EFL passed Anderson as fit and proper and confirmed that money was in place and our situation was being monitored and they could see things were improving. They will at best look fucking stupid at the end of this farce. 

Absolutely. Can see quite a deep review coming soon. Players, fans and the media criticising them.