Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Games off.

Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Fair points

but to pin this entire situation solely on KA would be naive 

He’s made it worse when he said he’d make it better, but it was shite to start with 

When he comes out and tries to make on he's sorted everything out to the point of making a profit when the reality is somewhat different, he can take the full brunt for me

31 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Amos and Mark Davies are the obvious ones but Dervite, Derik, Pratley, Spearing, Wheater, Le Fondre and Madine would have been on a decent wedge; even Moxey seemed to be on quite a bit. And if nothing else we’ve had a big turnover in players which although wouldn’t necessarily mean a big wage individually, it would mount up collectively as would the signing on fees and potentially agent fees. 

Amos is the most obvious one 

However I didn’t think ALF was here when Ken took the club on? I’m sure Ken actually signed him in his first season (then Parky barely used him) 

Ive Googled our accounts and our wage bill was £18.5m the final year of ED / PG (supplemented by parachute money), it then dropped to £12.5m the following season in Ken’s first year in charge. 

Given Ken did make some of his own signings in 2016 / 2017, it’s safe to say that he inherited legacy playing contracts to the tune of around £10m a season. Of which most of that expired in the summer of 2017 anyway 

Let’s not forget however that in that £10m you had Clough and Madine who would go onto generate £10m in transfer fees 

Point being, I don’t think it was anywhere near the basket case to inherit that many have made out 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

enjoyable saturday no disappointing defeat to contend with and saved a small fortune.

did anyone actually miss going or turn up having not heard the news? i drove past a few times with the kids didn't see anyone about. 

i went with my lads , one a photographer who took pics for national press.

i went to buy a shirt (not done this in many years) no fat b*****d sizes left.

anyway talking to the lad in the shop,and seeing them myself, 3 spanish blokes who had come over for the weekend,  16 lads from scotland on a stag do.

so plenty of people who wanted to see a game

7 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

i went with my lads , one a photographer who took pics for national press.

i went to buy a shirt (not done this in many years) no fat b*****d sizes left.

anyway talking to the lad in the shop,and seeing them myself, 3 spanish blokes who had come over for the weekend,  16 lads from scotland on a stag do.

so plenty of people who wanted to see a game

New shirt for hols?