Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury

gonzo

Without getting too sentimental I'll gladly turn up for some of their games if I'm not at a Bolton game, I feel a massive sense of wanting to see them return to a reasonable level.   For want of a better term, they are now my 2nd team, because as said above that could so easily have been us and I feel its the least I can do.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Without getting too sentimental I'll gladly turn up for some of their games if I'm not at a Bolton game, I feel a massive sense of wanting to see them return to a reasonable level.   For want of a better term, they are now my 2nd team, because as said above that could so easily have been us and I feel its the least I can do.

Colin Bell, Colin Waldron, Neville Southall, ? Terry McDermott. They produced some decent players a longtime ago. This basket hiring of youngsters by Premier League clubs has hit the lesser lights hopes of finding a jewel to be next season's wages hard. And it means a lot of young lads never get to playing league football.

On 28/08/2019 at 09:25, Carlos said:

Someone will go bang in the pyramid, it happens every year, it was North Ferriby last year. But I don't think the non-league screw clubs over, they simply don't have the resources other than to allow clubs to run themselves. There is no fit and proper test etc.

Just wondering why - apart from precedent - they couldn't just play musical chairs? So send the usual two down from the League but promote 3 from National (to balance up the fact that only one goes down from League 1). Send the usual number down from National and balance that with an extra one from national North. Then  lob Bury into there next season. That way nobody is relegated by any means they didn't sign up to at the start of the season but also nobody misses out unfairly on a promotion - in fact two teams get unexpected promotions. And Bury at least start somewhere sensible (in fact a division Chesterfield were hovering over for much of last season).

21 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Just wondering why - apart from precedent - they couldn't just play musical chairs? So send the usual two down from the League but promote 3 from National (to balance up the fact that only one goes down from League 1). Send the usual number down from National and balance that with an extra one from national North. Then  lob Bury into there next season. That way nobody is relegated by any means they didn't sign up to at the start of the season but also nobody misses out unfairly on a promotion - in fact two teams get unexpected promotions. And Bury at least start somewhere sensible (in fact a division Chesterfield were hovering over for much of last season).

You'd have to find a way of balancing that with Conference South as well. As you say, precedent leads the way really.

A big bearing will be whether it is the existing Bury (FA registration numbers, debts, mortgage and all) that applies to the FA or a new AFC Bury, although even then you're probably only talking 2-3 divisions difference between the two.

were Stewart Day just breaking it up and selling bits off to randos ?, so now its hard to get something going coz now you've got to deal with 100 fiefs ; each with their own kingdom ; making it complicated to sort anything out.. ? 

With bolton , micheal james owning the carpark and whatever, you'd think it'd be better now its been realigned a bit under him. 

dale looked like he didnt even know what he'd bought (even if he didnt follow football). 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, e2e4 said:

were Stewart Day just breaking it up and selling bits off to randos ?, so now its hard to get something going coz now you've got to deal with 100 fiefs ; each with their own kingdom ; making it complicated to sort anything out.. ? 

With bolton , micheal james owning the carpark and whatever, you'd think it'd be better now its been realigned a bit under him. 

dale looked like he didnt even know what he'd bought (even if he didnt follow football). 

Are you smoking spice? 

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Are you smoking spice? 

Why ? is it not possible to sell the carpark to someone and ,say, the training ground to someone else ? are there rules against it ?

Dale seemed to blame the Mortgage on the football ground being a sticking point. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, e2e4 said:

Why ? is it not possible to sell the carpark to someone and ,say, the training ground to someone else ? are there rules against it ?

Dale seemed to blame the Mortgage on the football ground being a sticking point. 

Nothing to do with the subject. Just the way you write sometimes is incredibly erratic, as though you're clawing at yourself and flitting between thoughts every few seconds. I like it. Glad it's not spice-induced. 

My mums Cousin Fred Whitehead, life long Bury supporter, lived in Little Lever, travelled everywhere watching them.  The family had a static caravan in Scotland, he’d travel back to watch to every game from that caravan home and away, he had a runny nose and would wipe it at our house, but he would talk passionately about his love.  He bought a 15 year season ticket to help pay for the redevelopment of the Cemetery End at Bury, he would never miss a match and my mum loved him God bless her.   I hope that club lives for him, anyone who lives in Little Lever all their lives will of heard of the Chucky Whiteheads.  I hope they live just for him.

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Nothing to do with the subject. Just the way you write sometimes is incredibly erratic, as though you're clawing at yourself and flitting between thoughts every few seconds. I like it. Glad it's not spice-induced. 

oh. ok. A bit of a shock it comes across over printed type. i just put it to people having their own 'style' . I dont know what to think now. I try to make it followable. 

thanks

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

oh. ok. A bit of a shock it comes across over printed type. i just put it to people having their own 'style' . I dont know what to think now. I try to make it followable. 

thanks

No worries mate. Apologies if I offended you in any way.

Seems if I'm understanding this correctly it was all apparently fraudulent looking and no wonder the EFL could not sanction any sale.

To simplify,

Day sold the club for £1 to Dale.

Day owned a number of companies called Menderco one of which had put money into Bury.  Menderco went out of business soon after the sale to Day

Dale didn't pay anyone from when he took over and eventually offered everyone other than Football creditors and presumably secured creditors if they had any (I've not looked to see) a deal where he would pay them 25p in the pound for their debts from the sale of the club.  This is called a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) - just like our position without being in Administration first.  Once the CVA was agreed it triggered the 12 point penalty

An Insolvency Practitioner (Steven Wineglass) was brought in to verify and total up all the claims one of which was from a company called RCR Holdings Ltd which claimed they had bought the Menderco debt for the money they had put into Bury, which they stated was for £7.1m.  Wineglass accepted the claim!

The amount of this sum was so large that this company had enough voting rights to help secure the CVA.

Twenty five percent of RCR Holdings entitled them to £1.75m

So far so good?

Anyway Dale refuses to sell Bury via the CVA until the very last second and when somebody did get to do a forensic audit they found some rather odd things.

The first was that RCR Holdings was only formed two days before the vital CVA vote.

The second was that its owner was Dale's son-in-law (well to be exact his daughters boyfriend)

Not only that the Administrator for Menderco states that he was unable to determine how much if anything Bury owed Menderco and sold the claim for just £70k.

No wonder Dale wouldn't sell, he clearly was looking for liquidation under Wineglass (who apparently had a bit of a chequered history with the professions regulators) and RCR Holdings making a tidy bit of profit!

How could anybody purchase the club in view of that?

And I guess the final nail in the coffin was that the newest bidder for the now deceased football club is a Pastor from Brazil!!!

No surprise then to find that an Insolvency Investigation has been announced!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/29/bury-cva-investigation

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Fuck me. 

Thought ken's notes had been mental. 

Looks like he opened a bottle of red at the start and was 3 bottles down by the end. 

And another thing.... 

Astounds me that this kind of shit is almost the norm now, absolute fucking weapon. Its all about saving face on social media and fuck all about being a decent person. They wanna be a total cunt but can't cope with the prospect of people on twitter thinking they're one! mental 

I'm really keen to do whatever I can to help Bury, just basic stuff like signing a petition or attending a game or 2 or maybe crowdfunding etc, but while he's in charge its a disincentive.  I dont want to help idiots like that, they desperately need to get someone in charge the public can take to in order to get everyone onside.