Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nat lofthouse biography


Recommended Posts

just listened to it, good lord that author was passionless and dull, and the whole thing wasn't helped by Hawksbee or Jacobs (which ever one it was) talking shite throughout, especially the the bot about shoulder charging the keeper, he clearly hadn't done his research

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

just listened to it, good lord that author was passionless and dull, and the whole thing wasn't helped by Hawksbee or Jacobs (which ever one it was) talking shite throughout, especially the the bot about shoulder charging the keeper, he clearly hadn't done his research

I thought the lad was fine to be honest.

He didn't have a local accent, which surprised me, though it's not that unusual I suppose.

Agree about H and J though -if they spoke less, and enquired better, they'd have got more stories and info from the fella.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

 

He didn't have a local accent, which surprised me, though it's not that unusual I suppose.

 

I noticed that as well, I wouldn't have a clue where he's from going off that interview - although it sounded better than some of the thick sounding Yonner accented types who they seem to pick to interview on Skysports from time to time 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
22 hours ago, Sweep said:

just listened to it, good lord that author was passionless and dull, and the whole thing wasn't helped by Hawksbee or Jacobs (which ever one it was) talking shite throughout, especially the the bot about shoulder charging the keeper, he clearly hadn't done his research

An attempt at making themselves popular with the United supporting listeners, perhaps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

An attempt at making themselves popular with the United supporting listeners, perhaps?

In fairness, one of them got his wires crossed, apparently something similar had happened the year before.

Though in chatting about that, they lost time to talk to the guest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.