Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nat lofthouse biography

just listened to it, good lord that author was passionless and dull, and the whole thing wasn't helped by Hawksbee or Jacobs (which ever one it was) talking shite throughout, especially the the bot about shoulder charging the keeper, he clearly hadn't done his research

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

just listened to it, good lord that author was passionless and dull, and the whole thing wasn't helped by Hawksbee or Jacobs (which ever one it was) talking shite throughout, especially the the bot about shoulder charging the keeper, he clearly hadn't done his research

I thought the lad was fine to be honest.

He didn't have a local accent, which surprised me, though it's not that unusual I suppose.

Agree about H and J though -if they spoke less, and enquired better, they'd have got more stories and info from the fella.

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He didn't have a local accent, which surprised me, though it's not that unusual I suppose.

I noticed that as well, I wouldn't have a clue where he's from going off that interview - although it sounded better than some of the thick sounding Yonner accented types who they seem to pick to interview on Skysports from time to time 😂

• Site Supporter
22 hours ago, Sweep said:

An attempt at making themselves popular with the United supporting listeners, perhaps?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

An attempt at making themselves popular with the United supporting listeners, perhaps?

In fairness, one of them got his wires crossed, apparently something similar had happened the year before.

Though in chatting about that, they lost time to talk to the guest.