Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe vs Bolton

HomerJay

I think we could have got something out of the game with JM today. No disrespect to the lad up front but he found it really hard up there by himself. Someone making the ball stick and bringing the midfielders into play would have been immensely helpful.

Which is another reason why I'm sticking him into grade a cunt territory.

Edited by kent_white

6 hours ago, Chairboy said:

That was far and away the best atmosphere at Adams Park for an opening game. Your support was brilliant today and I really hope you go from strength to strength. It was a privilege to see your passion and commitment to your club in one of its darkest hours and I really hope it is rewarded and that you start to climb up again.

All lower league club supporters empathise with you as we all understand  we are a dodgy owner or two away from oblivion. 

You might not have many experienced players but your kids did you proud and if Zouma plays like that every week you have a real class defender for this level.

Good luck

Cheers, much appreciated.

5 hours ago, kent_white said:

Thank you. And thanks to everyone at Wycombe for going the extra mile for us this week. You've gained a lot of respect from your friends in Bolton this week. Been a class act from start to finish.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. You've a smashing club!

Couldn’t have put it better than Kents reply - spot on.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

5 hours ago, kent_white said:

I think we could have got something out of the game with JM today. No disrespect to the lad up front but he found it really hard up there by himself. Someone making the ball stick and bringing the midfielders into play would have been immensely helpful.

Correct. That #33 ran his socks off but he was never holding anything up. 

Great day and fantastic support. 

6 hours ago, kent_white said:

This. A million times over. 

The lad up front for us looked energetic and worked his socks off, but their centre backs had him in their pocket physicality wise. All we needed was someone at the top end of the pitch to hold it a bit more to get us up the field. Said the same thing yesterday - I genuinely think had he have played,we could have got something yesterday. 

That being said, you could see what we were trying to do in terms of pass it from the back, but I'm just not sure Parky can ever get that right. It doesn't suit him. When we tried it last season we got hammered every week. If that's the style we want to adopt, then I don't think he's the man to instill it. The players looked lost trying to work it through midfield. I know there was some youth in there but even the basics of pass and move weren't really there and a lot of that does come down to coaching

Edited by Matthew1234

51 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What a long old day that was!,great to see so many faces

can only echo what most have said and nice comments from the Wycombe fan 

think jules was going straight to a tennis match after the game😀

Great socks them

We saw Raymond Blanc at Wycombe train station. Don’t get much more of a middle class away day than that

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Great socks them

We saw Raymond Blanc at Wycombe train station. Don’t get much more of a middle class away day than that

Well talking of middle class , who else drove in via the M40 junction 5 ( Stokenchurch & West Wycombe ) ?

Saw a big "Blackpool Whites "  flag outside one country pub , but a few miles up the road the village of West Wycombe which was less than 10 minutes from the ground ( traffic permitting ) was stunning. ( National Trust apparently maintain and preserve  the entire village ) 

Some excellent  pubs 

Felt like we were in a film set for the next episode of Midsomer Murders

and then after the game , forget getting wound up because you cannot get out of the car park for an hour - enjoy a beer or two  on a warm summers evening  with the Wycombe fans  in the other beer tent - the one that still had some beer left

Its not football as we are used to it but by being so different its special charm made for a lovely day out , one that will live long in the memory 

13 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Did you get caught in that mad storm near Stafford? Standing water all over the place. 

I did mate. Slowed down but hit some massive puddle and nearly lost control, lucky I was gripping the wheel tight! 😂 glad you all got home safe

6 hours ago, Matthew1234 said:

This. A million times over. 

The lad up front for us looked energetic and worked his socks off, but their centre backs had him in their pocket physicality wise. All we needed was someone at the top end of the pitch to hold it a bit more to get us up the field. Said the same thing yesterday - I genuinely think had he have played,we could have got something yesterday. 

That being said, you could see what we were trying to do in terms of pass it from the back, but I'm just not sure Parky can ever get that right. It doesn't suit him. When we tried it last season we got hammered every week. If that's the style we want to adopt, then I don't think he's the man to instill it. The players looked lost trying to work it through midfield. I know there was some youth in there but even the basics of pass and move weren't really there and a lot of that does come down to coaching

Spot on.  Talented coaches/managers like Wilder, Howe, Coleman, Dean Smith, Alex Neil can get hold oecbf a club and implement pass and move football.  Its not as simple as telling your defenders not to launch it, you have to have a plan and be able to get it over to your players, who are signed to suit the style.  Parky simply doesn't have that skill set, its not just about playing with 2 strikers and telling your team to keep it on the deck, otherwise everyone would be doing it.  It would be a breath of fresh air to get a manager who can implement a style of play with conviction and confidence, we havent had one in donkeys years.