Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

36 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Its to ensure the club get enough money in to keep afloat plus you will be able to watch the games on i follow. Do you want to be next Wigan?

Well said!!

Although, when was the last time you attended a home game, or had a season ticket?

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

see I've no fucking idea what any of that means. I'll get  a card.

I understand it, but if some fucker half inches your phone in middlebrook complex, or you inadvertently loose it in a boozer, you've got buggering around to do before kick off.

A card doesn't need to come out until the turnstile and isn't much of a target for a thieving smack head.

2 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

see I've no fucking idea what any of that means. I'll get  a card.

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Pretty much where I’m at

Me too, but it seems that I can't go to the club & pay for my season ticket, I've got to pay an extra £10 for the privilege of having the same card I've had before, I won't be able to go to an unknown number of games ( which I know isn't the fault of the club ) but there's some sort of witchcraft that lets you watch the games on TV.

Does anybody know if that means that the games will be shown in certain pubs ? 

38 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I understand it, but if some fucker half inches your phone in middlebrook complex, or you inadvertently loose it in a boozer, you've got buggering around to do before kick off.

A card doesn't need to come out until the turnstile and isn't much of a target for a thieving smack head.

I’ve definitely lost more wallets than phones so don’t really understand that logic to be honest.

The app is a piece of piss.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Everyone’s mentality and finances are different. I don’t blame Mick one bit. Better turning up to and paying for a few games rather than lapsed fans who whinge from afar 

Couldn’t agree more. People’s choice what they want to do but mick announces on here every season he won’t be buying one. I’m sure he will.

57 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Me too, but it seems that I can't go to the club & pay for my season ticket, I've got to pay an extra £10 for the privilege of having the same card I've had before, I won't be able to go to an unknown number of games ( which I know isn't the fault of the club ) but there's some sort of witchcraft that lets you watch the games on TV.

Does anybody know if that means that the games will be shown in certain pubs ? 

well (and I'm not throwing this out as a major criticism or owt, just wondering) why can't last year's card be used again once the new money is on the system?? They know its bar code so just authorise it.

I got one last season and got to more or less zero home games for various reasons. But I'll renew.

44 minutes ago, tomski said:

Couldn’t agree more. People’s choice what they want to do but mick announces on here every season he won’t be buying one. I’m sure he will.

Years back when old poster Northy lost his false gnashers in a stream during some argy-bargy, a parody account named "Northy's Teeth" was set up, where his upper set detailed its adventures and desire not to be reunited with its previous owner. "Mick Brown's Shed" would undoubtedly do much the same: "I'm setting up a crowd funding campaign to get him a season ticket. Otherwise the sod will spend match days creosoting me again for the umpteenth time" etc. Its aviator could be the old Shed End at Chelsea. It could start games of "BattleSoffits" and post pictures of itself on holiday:

article-2167422-13E00C2D000005DC-971_634

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

well (and I'm not throwing this out as a major criticism or owt, just wondering) why can't last year's card be used again once the new money is on the system?? They know its bar code so just authorise it.

I got one last season and got to more or less zero home games for various reasons. But I'll renew.

Makes sense. Could still charge a fiver for authorising it I suppose whilst protecting the planet with less plastic.

29 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Advantage with the old card is if you can’t go you could give it to someone else to use . With this ifollow does anyone know if you can watch it on you’re Smart  tv through a app or do you have to watch it through the club website on a computer ? 

It’s even easier with the virtual ticket to pass to someone else. Screenshot the barcode and send the picture to whoever you want, they just open up the picture and scan it and it works exactly the same - no need for arranging to pick the card up etc.

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s even easier with the virtual ticket to pass to someone else. Screenshot the barcode and send the picture to whoever you want, they just open up the picture and scan it and it works exactly the same - no need for arranging to pick the card up etc.

Also means they have got your ticket all season then, rather than giving it back to you.

Remember that if you get refused entry at a later game.

Seems we have the older luddites like me & the ‘its a piece of piss ‘ younger brigade who cannot envisage a situation where the technology might let them down.

Dont think charging the luddites an extra ten quid for a fkng plastic card is on really ,  encourage Yes  punish No. There is a sizeable proportion of old grumpy bastards who won’t be impressed with the ten quid charge especially since our largesse in reason seasons has been admirable.

Not scientific but in the pub last night(socially distanced) three out of four ST holders (all advancing towards senility) would not & could not involve phone app ticketing .

Going to be some pushback I feel.

FV have done great up to now .They need to scrap the charge otherwise I can see a fair number of dropouts or even drop dead’s 😁

9 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Also means they have got your ticket all season then, rather than giving it back to you.

Remember that if you get refused entry at a later game.

Good point, I’ve only ever given it to the lad I sit with and I had his, just in case one of us couldn’t go. Maybe one not to do with a random person.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good point, I’ve only ever given it to the lad I sit with and I had his, just in case one of us couldn’t go. Maybe one not to do with a random person.

In fairness, someone could only do you over once. Even then you'd go the shop and explain the situation. Soon have them lobbed out.

• Site Supporter

Fook me, it’s just words.

Everybody’s moaning about paying an ‘extra’ £10 for a card. 

What if they said that all tickets are £300 but if you want an electronic version there’s a discount of £10.

Does that sound ok?

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Fook me, it’s just words.

Everybody’s moaning about paying an ‘extra’ £10 for a card. 

What if they said that all tickets are £300 but if you want an electronic version there’s a discount of £10.

Does that sound ok?

To the e geeks, yes, of course.

Gippers, less so.

However, as a new dinosaur has just been discovered on the Isle of Wight and named, then who knows, gippers might still go digital.